Sponsored

Anyone want to help me install my Teraflex ST1 1.5" lift and fox shocks?? in the OC

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I have almost no experience working on cars, but I am actually interested to learn... Was wondering if there was anyone here who has done this type of thing, that maybe I could trade helping you with something on your rig. Or buy lunch and beers, or even float you some cash towards some parts or something... Feels weird asking strangers, but when I was asking on another thread about good deals on install, a few guys told me to try this, so I thought I would give it a shot!
Sponsored

Rubicrush

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
I'm actually installing my lift kit this weekend (2.5" Rock Krawler Lift). If it goes well, I wouldn't mind helping you out. Although I'm a it far being in the IE. When were you planning on tackling the project?

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually installing my lift kit this weekend (2.5" Rock Krawler Lift). If it goes well, I wouldn't mind helping you out. Although I'm a bit far being in the IE. When were you planning on tackling the project?
I willing to help you just to learn if you want, but I am in Newport so depends on the drive. And how much time the wife allows me. My JLUR is still on the train, should be here within the next week. The lift/shocks is waiting in my office at work.

The RK product looked very beefy and well made, i almost went with the adventure 1 lift kit, but decided to stay lower and do 35's to save money. I wouldn't mind seeing the product.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

are you doing just the springs and sway bar extensions? thats a great little kit for learning to install it. very simple as long as you got a floor jack and a couple jack stands and a couple pieces of 2x6 wood to go under the jack-stands to give them some extra height. ill note at the end the forum page with all the torque specs for everything on the jeep. i would help ya but im gone for the next few weeks and up in the IE myself. Good luck!

www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/torque-values-for-jeep-jl-wrangler.17791/page-2#post-518105

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The wife wanted to go do a quick pho
are you doing just the springs and sway bar extensions? thats a great little kit for learning to install it. very simple as long as you got a floor jack and a couple jack stands and a couple pieces of 2x6 wood to go under the jack-stands to give them some extra height. ill note at the end the forum page with all the torque specs for everything on the jeep. i would help ya but im gone for the next few weeks and up in the IE myself. Good luck!

www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/torque-values-for-jeep-jl-wrangler.17791/page-2#post-518105

thanks for the info, appreciate the guidance

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

no problem. i just learned to do mine with rubicon take off springs. believe it took me and the roommate about 2 hours to swap everything!

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I have almost no experience working on cars, but I am actually interested to learn... Was wondering if there was anyone here who has done this type of thing, that maybe I could trade helping you with something on your rig. Or buy lunch and beers, or even float you some cash towards some parts or something... Feels weird asking strangers, but when I was asking on another thread about good deals on install, a few guys told me to try this, so I thought I would give it a shot!
I have no experience but would be willing to lend a hand over in hb.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
maybe if we get someone who knows what they are doing, you and i could both learn from them
I also have no experience on the Jeep. I have done a Body lift on a friends Yota back in the 90's. Would love to come learn and assist. I am in Rancho Santa Margarita

Sponsored

Rubicrush

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
I willing to help you just to learn if you want, but I am in Newport so depends on the drive. And how much time the wife allows me. My JLUR is still on the train, should be here within the next week. The lift/shocks is waiting in my office at work.

The RK product looked very beefy and well made, i almost went with the adventure 1 lift kit, but decided to stay lower and do 35's to save money. I wouldn't mind seeing the product.
Well my install went pretty well. It took me a little over a day by myself. I'm confident in saying I could help you with installing your lift kit as mine was a little more involved than the kit you mentioned. It's not that hard, just time consuming.

Rubicon Lift 2.jpg
Rubicon Lift.jpg

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well my install went pretty well. It took me a little over a day by myself. I'm confident in saying I could help you with installing your lift kit as mine was a little more involved than the kit you mentioned. It's not that hard, just time consuming.

Rubicon Lift 2.jpg
Rubicon Lift.jpg
looks awesome, great job!!!

my wife found out about my plans to self install and read me the riot act about vehicle safety and the kids.. so I am scheduled for Monday to have signature performance in Costa Mesa do the install for me..

Rubicrush

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon

my wife found out about my plans to self install and read me the riot act about vehicle safety and the kids.. so I am scheduled for Monday to have signature performance in Costa Mesa do the install for me..
LOL, that sounds familiar. Either way you'll have fun in the end.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8

Wish my wife would say that!

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Wow, she took your man card right out of your pocket and slapped you around with it!!
Sponsored