First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
You got deep man! No water in the intake?
I had a little but ended up stopping moving forward when it got too close for comfort near the fender line. I was only brave for so far without a snorkel.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
holy crap rubitub did anything get ruined
Probably not. It is a Jeep. I've done that a couple times, although not yet with the JL. Just be sure to change the axle fluids. I usually go even further and change the T-case and transmission fluids, too, and oil for good measure. But oil is easier to check and isn't as vulnerable.

Drying out the carpet is really the big deal. In my old YJ I did it so much that the carpet began to stink every time it was even a little damp. I wound up pulling it out and having Lava Liner sprayed in its place. No issue after that except hot spots on the floor over the exhaust, lol!

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Good point, I remember back in the day a CJ5 steering box could be pulled off the frame wheelin the ‘Con with TruTrac 33” tires( big tire at the time). I didn’t know Rusty’s had a brace, good price. I got Synergy’s, theirs covers what Rusty’s does and adds bracing to the sector shaft. Hopefully got my moneys worth.
Now I have to look to see what the difference is between them. Hahaha

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
You can put it in a vise and use a metal hole saw. Just make a pilot hole even though the hole saw has a pilot bit, it makes it easier. I did this on my lca brackets to clear the jam but at full drop.
Well, they confirmed there's no need to remove the cover, so I'll have to give it a 4th try over the weekend. Neither the bolt nor the nut would rotate past the cover bolt holes. Thank you for the suggestion; hopefully I won't have to alter the FAD cover.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Small item installed this new style fire extinguisher, it is the size of a road flare, starve the fire with gas, lasts longer than a normal 20lb fire extinguisher, weighs almost nothing, last a long time, does not make a mess but it is one time use and thrown away.

element.jpg
This is where I get caught up in debating things and end up doing nothing. There's a lot to love about the Element Fire extinguisher - except the price. Plus, I also debate the time it goes for. I've put out small fires with an extinguisher and it just takes a couple of seconds. The EF goes for 50 seconds. If it takes me 20 seconds to put out a fire, I'm going to look pretty stupid spraying the crap out of everything for the next 30 seconds. I know, it is a dumb debate but it is there. Really, for me it comes down to the price. $80 for something that is a one-time-use-only product doesn't excite me. I got two different regular fire extinguisher holders for free from Jeep groups. I think I'll just end up with a regular tank but I know that I'll always be thinking about the E50 :LOL:

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Gave it a bath at AOAA and some official testing of my Yeti setup. Does that count as a TO your jeep?

View attachment 229848
I'd love to see a video of that water crossing!! I bet you were thinking "what did I get myself into?????". Heck my rear end was starting to get tight and water was only up to my rails, of course this was my first river crossing in a vehicle.

River Crossing.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I'd love to see a video of that water crossing!! I bet you were thinking "what did I get myself into?????". Heck my rear end was starting to get tight and water was only up to my rails, of course this was my first river crossing in a vehicle.

River Crossing.JPG
I'd be on the roof making casts. Is there any other reason to be in water that deep ?

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Is this better than just cutting off the bottom of the plastic louvre panels and cutting a matching hole in the insulation? I’m sure it looks better from the underside of the hood and the insulation is more solid and won’t flap. It looks to keep the water out better?

Scott
It will hold better than the plastic ones if you cut them out on the bottom. You also wont be able to get it clean if you just cut out the insulation to allow the fake ones to work. The heat will end up going up then disbursing under the insulation. You would be better to remove the insulation completely if you want to cut out the stock plastic ones to work. The design of the Poison Spyder ones are cut to allow the heat out, and have less coming in, water or other things. The engine is okay to get wet, they get wet when we go through water crossings. Poison Spyder has been making functional hood louvers for years on the JKs and TJs. These Rubicon ones are designed to work with the insulation to push the heat out and allow better air flow going in to the radiator and out the hood. I know the insulation is designed to help with noise, but I think it also helps to keep the hood paint protected overtime from cracking and peeling.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager

River Crossing.JPG
Oh i sure was wondering what I was thinking about halfway thru, by then i was committed. I ended up stopping about 3/4 the way thru because water was getting way to high. Needless to say, wont be doing that again :)

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
I'd be on the roof making casts. Is there any other reason to be in water that deep ?
Skimming the bottom for dead bodies? Cleaning the under carriage? Testing door seals? Being stupid :)

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Looks like the skid for the FAD. I would want on there. Is it possible the LCA’s are side specific? Can’t imagine Rock Hard wouldn’t have took the FAD into consideration.
I had the same issue but was able to get the FAD skid back on. RH is making one specifically to work with their LCA front skids.