Sponsored

New Member looking to get a Wrangler Sahara

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Arrived today - ordered from Mark at Fitzpatrick's in CT. Had it transported to my house in Orchard Park NY. Mark gave me a super deal - zero BS.

IMG_1386.jpeg
I noticed you have a stable of boring vehicles. Finally adding some excitement and spice to your driving ! WTG !
Sponsored

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati GT, Ferrari 355 F1 GTS, Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, BMW 335xi
I noticed you have a stable of boring vehicles. Finally adding some excitement and spice to your driving ! WTG !
Ha!

First drive this morning to work. It ain't no sports car but it's nice :)

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Ha!

First drive this morning to work. It ain't no sports car but it's nice :)
My jetta is no Ferrari, but it's a quick, sporty car. I drive that thing fast and hard.

The jeep though... Man, I just like cruising in it. Taking it slow. Feeling tough and powerful. Completely different experiences. Both are great. But the jeep has really helped me unwind on the drive home from work. Instead of racing, now I'm relaxing. Plus I love all the new tech in it. Lot has changed in vehicle tech from '08 (the jetta) to '19.

Glad you're liking it!

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I drove it yesterday to work and then out at night and again just now to work. Generally, I really like it. That said, and I knew this going in, I don't like the constant need to steer the thing. I mean you can't go in a straight line without having to move the wheel left / right to keep it straight. Just too loose of a feel for me.

Anyway to tighten that up? I hear the steering is by wire? As far is the ride comfort, that's all good. My only complaint is that sloppy steering feel.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
So I drove it yesterday to work and then out at night and again just now to work. Generally, I really like it. That said, and I knew this going in, I don't like the constant need to steer the thing. I mean you can't go in a straight line without having to move the wheel left / right to keep it straight. Just too loose of a feel for me.

Anyway to tighten that up? I hear the steering is by wire? As far is the ride comfort, that's all good. My only complaint is that sloppy steering feel.
There are many threads on steering here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/issues-repairs-warranty-tsb-recalls.49/

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
@DaveL check your tire pressure. I felt the same thing when I first got my jeep. The factory or dealership had way over filled my tires. I was sitting at like 42psi. I aired down to 37 after a few days once I realized that. The difference was night and day. That might be the issue.

Additionally, the lift I chose was the Rancho 3.5" non-rubicon lift with dual steering stabilizers. So now that the jeep has been modded and the steering stabilizers were added, I noticed the steering tightened up some. It feels really good to drive. However, at much higher speeds it still requires both hands on the wheel and making sure you actually drive it.

OP
OP

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DaveL check your tire pressure. I felt the same thing when I first got my jeep. The factory or dealership had way over filled my tires. I was sitting at like 42psi. I aired down to 37 after a few days once I realized that. The difference was night and day. That might be the issue.

Additionally, the lift I chose was the Rancho 3.5" non-rubicon lift with dual steering stabilizers. So now that the jeep has been modded and the steering stabilizers were added, I noticed the steering tightened up some. It feels really good to drive. However, at much higher speeds it still requires both hands on the wheel and making sure you actually drive it.
Will do - thanks for the suggestion!
Sponsored