Sponsored

2020 JLUR ORDER

Trade in the JKUR for a 2020 Factory Sting Gray JLUR??

• OK deal!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad deal!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey guys,

Last year I bought a 2018 JKUR and said that it was going to be my last jeep. Over the past year, I have watch videos and saw the new JL in person, and I have gone back on my word and have already thought about deciding to trade my JK in and get a fully loaded JLUR 2020 from the factory with everything I want.

I have been talking with Alex at Criswell, and I have noticed that a lot of people have liked them and the prices they offer for their jeeps. After talking to him and seeing the best possible price for a brand new factory order was, he came back with $47,577.36 before taxes. This includes tread lightly and also a military discount. I have talked to about six other dealers, and nobody has been able to beat this price or come close to the amount.

My question is that a good price before taxes and fees? MSRP is $55,545 and FWP is $52,258. All in all, with everything out the door before down payment and trade-in, it would be $51,773.74. That would make this deal 14.34% below MSRP before taxes, 6.78% below MSRP after taxes, and 8.95% below invoice before taxes.

Is that a good deal or am I being blinded by the numbers?

Also on average how long has it taken for you guys from dealer submitting the order to jeep delivery and closed on sale?

Thank you guys for the help I just need some other opinions so I don't waste my money or time!
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Criswell has the best deal in the country at 8% below invoice. You have the military discount on top of that. You won't find a better price. Best case scenario is find a dealership to match it which is unlikely.

That being said, it may not be a good idea. Is the JKUR paid off? If not, what do you owe? What will the dealership offer you for it/what will it sell for outright? Will this become a financial burden? etc. Just some questions to think about.

You know your finances and the specifics. Do what is best for you. Yes that is a great price, but need to look at the whole equation.

OP
OP
SimpleAce

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Criswell has the best deal in the country at 8% below invoice. You have the military discount on top of that. You won't find a better price. Best case scenario is find a dealership to match it which is unlikely.

That being said, it may not be a good idea. Is the JKUR paid off? If not, what do you owe? What will the dealership offer you for it/what will it sell for outright? Will this become a financial burden? etc. Just some questions to think about.

You know your finances and the specifics. Do what is best for you. Yes that is a great price, but need to look at the whole equation.
Thanks for the reply, No the JKUR is not paid off, but I have some extra money saved that I can use to pay the negative equity. It wouldn't hurt me too much. I would say after about a year, I would have enough money to be back at where I was.

The dealer is offering $32k on the dot for a lifted JKUR with a tire carrier and 11000 miles. I will be replacing the tires with stock ones,(which they said wont affect the price of the trade-in) and i owe just over 40k

I have two options, use my money saved, pay the negative equity, and get the jeep with everything I want. I'll be spending the same I was before with the JK. And in a year or so ill have my money saved back up where I was.

Or I wait about a year and a half; the JK will be paid down enough where I won't have negative equity, ill have my money saved still and won't have to touch that and get a JLUR with everything I want.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Thanks for the reply, No the JKUR is not paid off, but I have some extra money saved that I can use to pay the negative equity. It wouldn't hurt me too much. I would say after about a year, I would have enough money to be back at where I was.

The dealer is offering $32k on the dot for a lifted JKUR with a tire carrier and 11000 miles. I will be replacing the tires with stock ones,(which they said wont affect the price of the trade-in) and i owe just over 40k

I have two options, use my money saved, pay the negative equity, and get the jeep with everything I want. I'll be spending the same I was before with the JK. And in a year or so ill have my money saved back up where I was.

Or I wait about a year and a half; the JK will be paid down enough where I won't have negative equity, ill have my money saved still and won't have to touch that and get a JLUR with everything I want.
Personally, I would hold off. An 8k hit is hefty. Enjoy the JKUR for a couple of years. I have had JKs and now JL, I loved the JK. Not a lot of difference besides the technology which I don't use much anyway.

Other option is to see what you can get outright. Just remember some states have tax forgiveness if you trade in rather than sell outright. Figure out what it would take to be more beneficial to sell outright.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
What’s your home of record? Mine is Ohio and if I buy a car while stationed outside Ohio I don’t have to pay taxes.

OP
OP
SimpleAce

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What’s your home of record? Mine is Ohio and if I buy a car while stationed outside Ohio I don’t have to pay taxes.
My HOR is colorado, and we do pay sales tax. For now im going to wait and try again around may timeframe, im going back to criswell and hopefully they can still give me that great deal with a trade in.
Sponsored