Sponsored

If they killed off the 2 door WWYD?

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I must be getting really old. I grew up in a family of 5 and we never had a 4 door vehicle. We went on countless vacations in a 2 door Chevy Vega and nobody ever complained. Just like my father, I have never owned a 4 door vehicle and never will if I can help it. There's not a 4 door vehicle on the planet that I find attractive.

That being said, if Jeep drops the 2 door, I would either try to keep my JL forever or I would buy some other 2 door.
This vehicle isnt attractive ?
IMG_0188.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
The 2 door experience is incredible and is a bedrock of American automotive history - I can’t imagine they’d kill it off. I think the money they pull in from the renegade-type cars they put out enables them to keep the wrangler as is, no?

They certainly price them for a profit regardless of insane volume or not.

Sponsored

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I made the jump from a 2dr JK, to a JLU. As good as the JL is, I hate it at times. I even thought I could convince myself that it was better by going all in on a highly spec'd Rubicon. But I still miss my sport JK, and the X TJ, and the Sahara TJ before that. For me the only positive point of the 4 dr, and the deciding factor for me, is that my two very tall boys want to go wheeling with me and their Mom. With my 2dr JK all they ever did was complain about how uncomfortable it was in the back seat. Pic of the outgoing and current Jeep.

20180803_113623.jpg
This post probably had the opposite effect you intended.

It made me appreciate the 4door more.

Reminds me that this 50k toy is actually (for me) something for the family and not just me.

I appreciate that this 4 door exist and is 90% as capable and fun as the 2 door (% # not exact only for illustration purposes). Without it I'll be in a GC thinking of how I can make it convertible.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
This post probably had the opposite effect you intended.

It made me appreciate the 4door more.

Reminds me that this 50k toy is actually (for me) something for the family and not just me.

I appreciate that this 4 door exist and is 90% as capable and fun as the 2 door (% # not exact only for illustration purposes). Without it I'll be in a GC thinking of how I can make it convertible.
I understand completely. I understand why the 4 door exists, and I am glad that it does. In my eyes, the 2dr is the evolution of the original CJ, while the 4 door is the new Cherokee. It is as popular now as the Cherokee was in the 80s. The 4 dr is great, but I still lust for my old 2 dr.

Sponsored

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
2 Door jeeps account for less than 20% of all Jeeps sold, it wouldn't be a big deal if they killed it off. Would probably be a smart thing to do. They are pretty useless overall with such little interior space, makes more sense to streamline production and sell a more fully capable model like a 4Door or a JT.
That’s a pretty damn ignorant thing to say, are you sure ou don’t drive a Bronco and are just in the wrong forum ?