www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

is there away to get slightly heavier springs for this kit? im looking at adding a RTT, drawer setup, and i have an aftermarket front and rear steel bumpers with wench, which will add over 550 lbs to the jeep. i'd like to keep it at the lifted hieght of 3.5" ride height if possible? i have a sport JLU currently. and is new drive shafts needed for this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
At this time we do not offer a different (stiffer) coil. A small spacer would work if need be.
The added weight of the drawer system and RTT wouldn't be that over the top.
And no drive shafts are needed at this height from us. A taller system might. IT all comes down to shock travel.

is there away to get slightly heavier springs for this kit? im looking at adding a RTT, drawer setup, and i have an aftermarket front and rear steel bumpers with wench, which will add over 550 lbs to the jeep. i'd like to keep it at the lifted hieght of 3.5" ride height if possible? i have a sport JLU currently. and is new drive shafts needed for this?

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I could not be happier the Rancho lift with e rs9000 adjustable shocks is probably the softest ride of all the lifts which is why I chose Rancho lift. I had a 2 spacer lift was not happy with it, the 3.5 was perfect for me, with the shocks adjusted for street nice comfortable ride I also have the 35 KO2's at 32lbs. For Off roads quick dial of the shocks they stiffen up for better off road performance.

Rancho makes a Sport/Sahara specific 3.5 and a Rubicon specific 3.5 they are different the 3.5 is a true 3.5" I fender flair is 7"-7/5" above the tire (center outer edge of tire to flair). I also considered Rubicon Express, RK, Mopar, I was told all were stiffer lifts. the other thing was for the proce Rancho is a lot of bang for the buck.

Like many of you I was worried I was gong to high and going to ruin my ride but not the case at all and I like driving with the extra height, it also puts you about door ding height.

Lifts will also vary depending on various loads...

Note: Below Fuel was near Empty in this pic so back end a little higher than normal.

Also keep in mind I have aftermarket bumper, winch and tow plate on the front (about $170lbs)

Jeep%20Columbia%201_zpsjypvdqew.jpg

Here is near full tank with Hard top

rocker%20side%20view_zpsacghhjjf.jpg
I'm looking to add steel bumpers to front and rear (off a rubicon). How much sag should I expect?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I'm looking to add steel bumpers to front and rear (off a rubicon). How much sag should I expect?

Just the steel bumper alone should not have any negative impact especially with steel front and rear. If you do there are cheap fixes like spring Isolators. You could opt for stiffer springs however your daily ride will suffer

Sponsored

Sponsored

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Confused. I have an JLUR and wondering which lift and shocks are recommended. I have the ROUGH Country 2.5 spacer lift now but want to go higher.

Thanks

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
You can run 37" tires too.
May need to "massage" the inner plastic lining
Green has our 3.5" system
Grey has our 2" system
Both on 37" tires
The white one has 38" tires and a taller bump stop :)

Thank you. How much actual lift is this providing? I have 37's but spec's say fits 35"s. Greatly appreciate the info.
3.5"vs2"Bothon37".jpg

38"_JL.jpg

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You can run 37" tires too.
May need to "massage" the inner plastic lining
Green has our 3.5" system
Grey has our 2" system
Both on 37" tires
The white one has 38" tires and a taller bump stop :)

3.5"vs2"Bothon37".jpg

38"_JL.jpg
Like the 3.5. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.