Sponsored

Installing Rubicon Suspension on Sport Questions

K007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hi everyone I've been doing research on installing a 4 door JL Rubicon suspension on my Sport JL, I wanted to know if anybody has done this and if they can share what parts were installed exactly.

Will the front and rear rubicon trackbars be needed, and will I be fine with my sport spring isolators or will i need the rubicon ones?

Also if anyone knows the part numbers for the 2019 4 door rubicon suspension I would really appreciate if you can share that too. I'm looking around and want to know which parts go on which side of the car, and the year it was made. Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
K007

K007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Answered my questions thanks, so what I got from the thread is that track bars and lower control arms are the same across all JL models. The springs and shocks are only different on the Rubicon. Sway bar links are probably the same too across all JL’s.

What I’m wondering is if the spring isolators are different on the Rubicon.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not sure on the isolators, but should be the same, one thing you might consider adding is the slightly longer lower control arms from the mopar kit to keep caster in spec, run about $60 for the pair. Could always do that later if you find your tires start to wander off center too easily.

Fourthandlong5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What I’m wondering is if the spring isolators are different on the Rubicon.
Did some research on the mopar site and confirmed the isolators appear to be the same across trim models ...

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/aut...ne/front-suspension-cat/front-suspension-scat

===================
Unlimited Sport S
===================
FRONT
68342245AC Isolator-Spring
Spring Insulator LEFT $11.16

68342250AC Isolator-Spring
Spring Insulator RIGHT $10.87

REAR
68293049AA Spring Upper Insulator
Spring Insulator $10.01

===================
Unlimited Rubicon
===================
FRONT
68342245AC Isolator-Spring
Spring Insulator LEFT $11.16

68342250AC Isolator-Spring
Spring Insulator RIGHT $10.87

REAR
68293049AA Spring Upper Insulator
Spring Insulator $10.01

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The isolaters were the same for my sport and rubicon take off suspension. So I didn’t swap them and no problems 10k miles later.

OP
OP
K007

K007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Sweet thanks guys you helped me out. If I go through with the suspension swap I’ll post an update and what I changed.

For the control arms off a Mopar kit I’m only concerned with the fact the Mopar kit actually looks like more than 2” of lift. So adding 0.5” spacers on a rubi suspension I think is still less than the Mopar lift. I’ll post updates what I do with control arms too if I do the swap.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Before my current set up (adjustable lower control arms and an aftermarket D44 axle), I had the stock axle, and longer Mopar lower control arms on a rubicon suspension with 1/2” spacers. The longer lower Mopar control arms helped reduce the wandering and numb steering by increasing caster.

Sponsored

OP
OP
K007

K007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Before my current set up (adjustable lower control arms and an aftermarket D44 axle), I had the stock axle, and longer Mopar lower control arms on a rubicon suspension with 1/2” spacers. The longer lower Mopar control arms helped reduce the wandering and numb steering by increasing caster.
Okay I’ll definitely do that swap if I notice wandering and steering issues

Which D44 axles did you buy and did you swap the front and rear? I’m considering 35 tires and putting in Rubi axles or 4.10 gears.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sweet thanks guys you helped me out. If I go through with the suspension swap I’ll post an update and what I changed.

For the control arms off a Mopar kit I’m only concerned with the fact the Mopar kit actually looks like more than 2” of lift. So adding 0.5” spacers on a rubi suspension I think is still less than the Mopar lift. I’ll post updates what I do with control arms too if I do the swap.
Like I mentioned, you could always add the longer LCAs later if your tires are wandering off-center, it seems to be the golden ticket for keeping everything tracking as it did prior the Rubicon Swap. I'm going to do exactly that when I get my Rubi swap going.

OP
OP
K007

K007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Like I mentioned, you could always add the longer LCAs later if your tires are wandering off-center, it seems to be the golden ticket for keeping everything tracking as it did prior the Rubicon Swap. I'm going to do exactly that when I get my Rubi swap going.
Do you know where to get the Mopar lower control arms for the 2” lift? I did some searching but no luck.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Okay I’ll definitely do that swap if I notice wandering and steering issues

Which D44 axles did you buy and did you swap the front and rear? I’m considering 35 tires and putting in Rubi axles or 4.10 gears.
I have a D44 rear already, but I had the 3.45 gears and regeared that to 4.56s.
I installed a Prorock 44 on the front with 4.56 gears.
You can google the LCA p/n (68322798AA) or go here: https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-arm-lower-control-68322798aa

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation