Sponsored

Anyone else getting headlight flashes while yours are on? (possibly LED only thing)

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I've been getting flashed from day 1. In part because they are bright! And maybe a bit high, which I recently learned when it was snowing, I couldn't see shit due to the height. It's on my list of things to do....
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Also, I have turned off the daytime running lights on the fenders. Those are obnoxious.
What an improvement over the JK lights.
By turned off do you mean disconnected?

grizzly-p

First Name
Poyan Pourshian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I get flashed all the time. I have a Sahara JLU without the LED lights. I specifically didn’t want the upgraded lights because I get incredibly annoyed by people with upgraded lights. Didn’t help. Now I flash back just to let them know I am not a douche.

Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
By turned off do you mean disconnected?
No. Go to you settings and turn off the "daytime" running lights. What this does is when tge vehicle is in park only the halos turn on. And when the headlights are on the "daytime" running lights are dimmer too.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I've been getting flashed from day 1. In part because they are bright! And maybe a bit high, which I recently learned when it was snowing, I couldn't see shit due to the height. It's on my list of things to do....
The height of your headlight adjustment is not the problem in the snow. The LED lights do not make enough heat to melt the snow. And I have heard anyone mention it yet, buy the rear LED's will get covered up too.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
No. Go to you settings and turn off the "daytime" running lights. What this does is when tge vehicle is in park only the halos turn on. And when the headlights are on the "daytime" running lights are dimmer too.
OK, thanks. I already run with those settings. I agree those lights are really obnoxious.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
sometimes on non city roads that arent real level, so when goin up a slight incline it can shine into on coming drivers eyes.

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Consumer reports recently added headlight brightness to their list to be considered for ratings so all manufacturers are now going with brighter light. So people need to get accustomed to it, it's the future.

Sponsored

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I can’t believe people are responding with “deal with it” in the same thread as people saying “I turned a screw and I’m no longer blinding oncoming traffic”.

I had a set of $60 LED’s on my LJ. Those things were insanely bright, but there was no cutoff. I had them angled as far down and right as possible and I still blinded people. If I drove it at night more than once a month, I’d have replaced them.

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
LEDs in a halogen assembly often will be brighter than a stock led one because of the reflector was not made for the led. It's simply a fact that new cars are coming with brighter headlights due to perceived safety of them.

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Ironically I’ve been getting flashed a lot with my non led, stock headlights....

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If the LED's are aimed too high there's no reason to think the halogens aren't.

Doctorit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Ironically I’ve been getting flashed a lot with my non led, stock headlights....
Me too; at least once/night!

I found this thread looking for tips on stock headlight adjustment...
Sponsored