Sponsored

Borla Exhaust for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL!

Jvillz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR, 2019 Jeep Sport S
Ordered the s-type climber today, super excited to get it installed. Sound clips from this thread were great although if there was an Atak version available for the climber, I would have been torn on that decision!
Sponsored

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
You asked, we listened...

After receiving a good amount of requests, we have decided to develop a "Climber" Cat-Back system in our Touring sound level to go alongside our S-Type system. We have not started development, but we do have plans to offer the Touring "Climber" for both the two and four door JL and both the 3.6L and 2.0L engines. Thank you all for your support. We always appreciate the feedback!

That being said, we need to bring vehicles into our R&D facility to build the Touring “Climber.” (Our R&D facility is located in Oxnard, California.) If you are interested in letting us borrow your Jeep or know somebody that would be, please send me a PM. We will need your vehicle for 3 weeks for development and photo/video. Thank you all!
I purchased the S-Type and had Northridge4x4 install it for me. I’m about to have them pull it off and put the OEM exhaust back on because the S-type is just too loud for me. I love the growl at startup but under any acceleration it is just too loud...sounds like a sports car screaming at 9K RPM when I’m heading up a hill at 3K. I had looked at ways of reducing the noise level but was worried about droning. Once you have developed the touring model, would there be a way to swap a component or two from the S to the Touring or would it require a whole new setup? If it could be easily reduced, I could deal with the S type for a bit longer, otherwise I might as well go ahead and go back to oem and reconsider the touring at a later date.

I will say the exhaust is great quality with zero drone...just way too loud under any kind of sustained acceleration or incline.

Thanks!

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
I purchased the S-Type and had Northridge4x4 install it for me. I’m about to have them pull it off and put the OEM exhaust back on because the S-type is just too loud for me. I love the growl at startup but under any acceleration it is just too loud...sounds like a sports car screaming at 9K RPM when I’m heading up a hill at 3K. I had looked at ways of reducing the noise level but was worried about droning. Once you have developed the touring model, would there be a way to swap a component or two from the S to the Touring or would it require a whole new setup? If it could be easily reduced, I could deal with the S type for a bit longer, otherwise I might as well go ahead and go back to oem and reconsider the touring at a later date.

I will say the exhaust is great quality with zero drone...just way too loud under any kind of sustained acceleration or incline.

Thanks!
I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with our S-Type Climber system. We definitely appreciate your feedback! Please reach out to our Customer Service Manager at [email protected] regarding this matter. Thank you.

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with our S-Type Climber system. We definitely appreciate your feedback! Please reach out to our Customer Service Manager at [email protected] regarding this matter. Thank you.
I'm anxious for the climber in touring as well (2 door) - I think you'll have a hit with that combo. I've had Borla cat back on my 4runner for 14 years and want to upgrade the JL as well.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I’ve posted before and here it is again. Borla, there is a whole customer segment that wants to give you our money for a cat back climber system with the touring muffler! We want all the benefits of the system, including better sound but without the increase in SPL.

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
I’ve posted before and here it is again. Borla, there is a whole customer segment that wants to give you our money for a cat back climber system with the touring muffler! We want all the benefits of the system, including better sound but without the increase in SPL.
Thanks for reaching out again. Not sure if you've seen our previous post in this thread, but we are currently working on a Touring Climber system. Stay tuned!

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
I ordered a Borla Climber on 8/9/19 and was told it was on back order till 8.23.19. I asked for an update and no one has replied with a ETA. (This was purchased through 4Wheel parts) but was supposed to come direct from Borla. Any chance you can help me out?

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
I ordered a Borla Climber on 8/9/19 and was told it was on back order till 8.23.19. I asked for an update and no one has replied with a ETA. (This was purchased through 4Wheel parts) but was supposed to come direct from Borla. Any chance you can help me out?
I'm sorry you haven't received your order! Please give us a call at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm PST) to speak with a member of our customer service department. They will be able to check on the status of your order. You can also email our Customer Service Manager. His email address is [email protected]. We apologize for the wait! Thank you for your patience.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered an axle-back type S late last week and it came in yesterday evening. I installed it this morning, it took about 1 hour in the driveway, using me, myself, and I as the install team. I went the easy way and simply removed the support brackets instead of fighting to pull the rubber ends off and having to wrestle with them on the install. Four 13mm bolts which were easy-peasy to remove and reinstall.

I waffled for days whether to grab the touring model or the type S as I really wanted the dual pipes as opposed to increasing the noise. Thus far, i am happy with the sound--it replicates the sound my AMG twin turbo GLC43 Coupe had with its exhaust. It starts with a rumble, but then quietens down. Now to drive it and see how it sounds on the open road!

What I was not impressed with was how much Jeep "crushes" the OEM pipe instead of mandrel bending it, I tried to capture that in this photo, but it does not do it any justice:

ZQ9EB.jpg

A few photos from the rear:

ZLmLQ.jpg

ZLyBV.jpg

Newyorkyan

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon
I ordered an axle-back type S late last week and it came in yesterday evening. I installed it this morning, it took about 1 hour in the driveway, using me, myself, and I as the install team. I went the easy way and simply removed the support brackets instead of fighting to pull the rubber ends off and having to wrestle with them on the install. Four 13mm bolts which were easy-peasy to remove and reinstall.

I waffled for days whether to grab the touring model or the type S as I really wanted the dual pipes as opposed to increasing the noise. Thus far, i am happy with the sound--it replicates the sound my AMG twin turbo GLC43 Coupe had with its exhaust. It starts with a rumble, but then quietens down. Now to drive it and see how it sounds on the open road!

What I was not impressed with was how much Jeep "crushes" the OEM pipe instead of mandrel bending it, I tried to capture that in this photo, but it does not do it any justice:

ZQ9EB.jpg

A few photos from the rear:

ZLmLQ.jpg

ZLyBV.jpg
Sound clip please?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sound clip please?
It was too loud for my tastes, so I removed it. I placed it for sale in the members section. I picked up the touring model which should be here today.

The S type has a nice throaty growl at startup and you can hear it when accelerating, but it is quiet when cruising.

One note of caution, neither the store where I bought it or Borla would take it back or exchange it, so be sure you know which model you want before buying it.

Newyorkyan

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon
It was too loud for my tastes, so I removed it. I placed it for sale in the members section. I picked up the touring model which should be here today.

The S type has a nice throaty growl at startup and you can hear it when accelerating, but it is quiet when cruising.

One note of caution, neither the store where I bought it or Borla would take it back or exchange it, so be sure you know which model you want before buying it.
Oh wow, I actually have the Atak at home it was delivered recently, going to put it on tomorrow. Hope I dont think it’s too loud either :/, we’ll see I guess lol. Enjoy your new exhaust!

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wow, I actually have the Atak at home it was delivered recently, going to put it on tomorrow. Hope I dont think it’s too loud either :/, we’ll see I guess lol. Enjoy your new exhaust!
I installed the Touring model today and the sound (for me) is MUCH better; in fact it sounds even more like my AMG GLC43 than the S Type does. The only thing that I did not like was the connector pipe actually touches the sway bar (not a hard touch, but I would have expected it not to touch at all).

@Lisa@Borla, @Ian@Borla - is this by design?
Sponsored

Last edited: