Reuse of JL OEM LED Flood Lights in Aftermarket Steel Bumpers

JLURVA

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Has anyone found a way to reuse the JL/JLU OEM LED Fog Lights in aftermarket steel bumpers?

I've bought and installed a Go Rhino Trailline Steel Bumper, but the OEM LED Floods don't fit - It looks like the OEM LEDs are about 1 cm larger in diameter versus the non-LED floods - and the bracket is for the JK style floods. I've not seen any brackets that would allow for reuse of the LED floods. Anyone have any success in reuse? Thanks!
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Has anyone found a way to reuse the JL/JLU OEM LED Fog Lights in aftermarket steel bumpers?

I've bought and installed a Go Rhino Trailline Steel Bumper, but the OEM LED Floods don't fit - It looks like the OEM LEDs are about 1 cm larger in diameter versus the non-LED floods - and the bracket is for the JK style floods. I've not seen any brackets that would allow for reuse of the LED floods. Anyone have any success in reuse? Thanks!
Have you contacted the manufacturer. Most bumpers we’ve come across, the manufactures have made brackets to accommodate the factory leds

Brett

JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I am dealing with this issue after buying an ARB Classic Deluxe Bumper. Advertise to work with OEM fogs, but it doesn't have the brackets to fit the OEM LED fogs from a Rubicon steel bumper.

I am resorting to going with an aftermarket light or a different OEM LED fog.

Kind of annoying.

OP
OP

JLURVA

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Have you contacted the manufacturer. Most bumpers we’ve come across, the manufactures have made brackets to accommodate the factory leds

Brett
I did. To be fair, the manufacturer states "Excludes factory LED fog lights" but I'm surprised no one has come up with brackets to allow reuse. I also tried and failed to use Rigid D Series Pro lights (with anti-flicker devices) https://www.quadratec.com/products/97109_0920_14.htm . They still flicker. :-(

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
LOD has a bumper and brackets that accommodate the LED fogs, but I doubt the brackets would be universal. You may be able to modify them though.
Sponsored