Sponsored

MOPAR 2" Lift (initial review) - AWESOME!!!

Back In Black Rubi

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I thought I would share my thoughts with you folks on the kit... I have driven about 100 miles thus far (on-road), really really impressed!

The spring rate tuning , along with the Fox shock valving feels just like the stock Rubi. Trust me I'm fairly critical, I have run (2) AEV kits and ended up with a 4" Long Arm Teraflex kit with Falcon shocks on my old JK. This MOPAR kit is much nicer than all of those previous kits (on-road) IMHO. I hope I'm as impressed come Moab time this March. Worth noting - I live in Michigan and we are in "Pot Hole" season, so my evaluation is not on smooth roads. We have potholes this year that would completely ruin any ordinary sedan's entire front end, let alone blow out tires or break wheels.

Lastly I'm still running the stock 285 KO2, as my new tires needed a week to deliver - this enabled me to really focus on the lift without introducing another variable into the equation. Many times when we evaluate a kit, we confuse our evaluation because we added the new larger tire at the same time. Having worked for Continental/General tire for 5 years I realize how critical tires can be in the overall NVH of a vehicle - which is why I pulled the trigger on 315/70/17 'Load Range C' BFG KO2. Between the impressive MOPAR kit and the new KO2 (35"), this thing should be very similar to what Jeep engineered it from the get-go.

I'm selling my original Rubicon KO2 tires - anyone interested send me a PM

20180224_133521.jpg
Sponsored

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I would share my thoughts with you folks on the kit... I have driven about 100 miles thus far (on-road), really really impressed!

The spring rate tuning , along with the Fox shock valving feels just like the stock Rubi. Trust me I'm fairly critical, I have run (2) AEV kits and ended up with a 4" Long Arm Teraflex kit with Falcon shocks on my old JK. This MOPAR kit is much nicer than all of those previous kits (on-road) IMHO. I hope I'm as impressed come Moab time this March. Worth noting - I live in Michigan and we are in "Pot Hole" season, so my evaluation is not on smooth roads. We have potholes this year that would completely ruin any ordinary sedan's entire front end, let alone blow out tires or break wheels.

Lastly I'm still running the stock 285 KO2, as my new tires needed a week to deliver - this enabled me to really focus on the lift without introducing another variable into the equation. Many times when we evaluate a kit, we confuse our evaluation because we added the new larger tire at the same time. Having worked for Continental/General tire for 5 years I realize how critical tires can be in the overall NVH of a vehicle - which is why I pulled the trigger on 315/70/17 'Load Range C' BFG KO2. Between the impressive MOPAR kit and the new KO2 (35"), this thing should be very similar to what Jeep engineered it from the get-go.

20180224_133521.jpg

Will you be running with the stock wheels?

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
And yet, the world wants to know how much your springs bow. :movember:
I was going to purchase the kit this week but now I'm reconsidering. Won't be doing anything other than a light mud or dirt trail but since everyone is making a deal over the spring issue, it's scared me into wanting to wait. :facepalm: I'm really trying to have my Sport S lifted by the spring.

OP
OP
Back In Black Rubi

Back In Black Rubi

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
No bow.
I will post some photos later.
As far as the wheels - I'm keeping the stockers.

Sponsored

PopsJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4

20180224_133521.jpg
Thanks for the info on the lift kit, it's very helpful. Your Jeep looks great, I hope you have a lot of fun times in it.What kind of wheels will you be mounting your new KO2's to?

OP
OP
Back In Black Rubi

Back In Black Rubi

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the info on the lift kit, it's very helpful. Your Jeep looksgreat, I hope you have a lot of fun times in it.What kind of wheels will you be mounting your new KO2's to?

I will keep the stock wheels.
The 315 fits fine on the our wheels, not ideal but OK .

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
i wanted the mopar kit but considering the problems with them and mopar putting a suspend sale on them until they fix the issue i think i'll wait lol. very happy you don't have the common bowing issue. those 35's are going to look sick. based on your stance/ 33's and a lift for a sport might look okay. i was thinking i would have to go 35 but maybe not...

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
No bow.
I will post some photos later.
As far as the wheels - I'm keeping the stockers.
Looking forward to the pictures as you may be the only one with no bow. Thanks for providing the pictures when you can.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Back In Black Rubi

Back In Black Rubi

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Here is the other side.
It seems a little bowed. It seems to be better than other photos I have seen.
I will inquire with the dealer to get their insight next week.

20180224_191545.jpg

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Here is the other side.

20180224_191545.jpg
Thanks for the pictures. Ironically, most I have seen bowed have been on the drivers side. However, your bow appears to be on the passenger side. Looking forward to the insight your dealer provides for sure.

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Great decision on the 315/70-17 K02 in load Range C. I don't even have the Rubi yet but when i saw that TireRack stock was so low, I pulled the trigger on these and they'll be here Tuesday. (Expecting the Rubi delivery mid-March!! LOL)

Tire Rack is now showing that May 2 is targeted deliver date for new orders. I'd highly advocate folks to hold our for the Load Range C as the will be more compliant on the street and the should have more bite when aired down for off-roading.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Here is the other side.

20180224_191545.jpg
The reported bowing seems to only show up on the driver’s side.
Sponsored