First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tesla Model X, 2019 Audi RS5, 2020 Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
Not a bad thing. I ordered a rubicon on 8/21 and it was into KZ status in 7 days. I got the VIN within a day or 2 as well. It was shipped via rail and I hope that the final delivery truck will have it to my dealer within the next week.
Keep me posted. I ordered mine on 9/3 and it shipped on 9/8 via rail. I'm also in the Phoenix area. The screenshot my dealer sent me said it should arrive in El Mirage on the 22nd.

Advertisement

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Keep me posted. I ordered mine on 9/3 and it shipped on 9/8 via rail. I'm also in the Phoenix area. The screenshot my dealer sent me said it should arrive in El Mirage on the 22nd.
Wow must be nice, congrats!! I don't understand how that works. I ordered on 9/5 and the scheduled build date is 9/17. There's no order to this or anything..?

inkrediblehull

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tesla Model X, 2019 Audi RS5, 2020 Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
Wow must be nice, congrats!! I don't understand how that works. I ordered on 9/5 and the scheduled build date is 9/17. There's no order to this or anything..?
I'm not sure how this all works either. My dealer told me it would be 6 weeks. At this rate, it's looking to be at least 2 weeks before that. What motor option did you go with?

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I'm not sure how this all works either. My dealer told me it would be 6 weeks. At this rate, it's looking to be at least 2 weeks before that. What motor option did you go with?
I got the V6 with like pretty much no options. What about you?

Bucks45

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2010 JK Sport, 1968 Chevelle, 1981 Camaro, 2017 Cadillac, 2013 HD Street Glide
Occupation
Director of Operations
I've always wondered too. This is my second JL order. There seems to be no rhyme or reason on how or when they're built... 2 door. 4 door, 3.6, 2.0. Order date? Does anyone have knowledge about production schedules? I assume at the most basic levels it's about parts availability, but other than that I'm clueless.

Last edited:

Sponsored

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Here is a cool video of the JL assembly line. It provides some insight on the journey your Jeep takes on its way to you.

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks for sharing the info you received. My dealer is very vague and doesn’t seem to look up the status directly. I’ve asked once a week after the vehicle shipped. Your time line for delivery seems a little fast, but not too far out of line. Another user here got theirs from Toledo to dealer in queen creek, az in 17 days. I am at 17 days now (assume the KZ M status actually was true). My dealer said it can take up to 2 weeks to get the car from train to them via truck. It could be faster out to el mirage, seems closer to rail and industry. Another thing I’ve been doing is checking the dealer website to see when they have new 2020 wranglers added. I am randomly guessing that they would get more vehicles on the same truck with mine. Here is my order history...

JLUR: String-Gray, Automatic, Black Hard Top, Tow Package, MT Tires
8/21 ordered, status BA (VON provided)
8/23 status D, VIN assigned.
8/26 status E
8/27 status I
8/28 status KZ M, build shows on cryptostickers

I was told by Jeep chat twice that it was in KZ M, then told for about a week it was awaiting transport. So I’m not 100% sure when it even shipped. But my dealer did claim it would be arriving via rail this past week sometime, but didn’t confirm when I asked Friday if it had.

SanDShovel

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sahara
Thanks for sharing the info you received. My dealer is very vague and doesn’t seem to look up the status directly. I’ve asked once a week after the vehicle shipped. Your time line for delivery seems a little fast, but not too far out of line. Another user here got theirs from Toledo to dealer in queen creek, az in 17 days. I am at 17 days now (assume the KZ M status actually was true). My dealer said it can take up to 2 weeks to get the car from train to them via truck. It could be faster out to el mirage, seems closer to rail and industry. Another thing I’ve been doing is checking the dealer website to see when they have new 2020 wranglers added. I am randomly guessing that they would get more vehicles on the same truck with mine. Here is my order history...

JLUR: String-Gray, Automatic, Black Hard Top, Tow Package, MT Tires
8/21 ordered, status BA (VON provided)
8/23 status D, VIN assigned.
8/26 status E
8/27 status I
8/28 status KZ M, build shows on cryptostickers

I was told by Jeep chat twice that it was in KZ M, then told for about a week it was awaiting transport. So I’m not 100% sure when it even shipped. But my dealer did claim it would be arriving via rail this past week sometime, but didn’t confirm when I asked Friday if it had.
Hello Jeep Orderers,
This is my second time through this, but I still can't figure where I go to find assembly status. Nor do I know what the the status coding is tell me. So, here I am in Ohio, having ordered a 2020 Unlimited to replace a 2015 Sahara, which replaced a 2008 Sahara, that replaced a 2000 Sahara that I had finally bought to replace my 1985 CJ.
I ordered on 9/6 and have a VIN, have the compondents sheets, etc. via crypostickers. But where do I go to actually track thius thing???
Thanks so much!

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hello Jeep Orderers,
This is my second time through this, but I still can't figure where I go to find assembly status. Nor do I know what the the status coding is tell me. So, here I am in Ohio, having ordered a 2020 Unlimited to replace a 2015 Sahara, which replaced a 2008 Sahara, that replaced a 2000 Sahara that I had finally bought to replace my 1985 CJ.
I ordered on 9/6 and have a VIN, have the compondents sheets, etc. via crypostickers. But where do I go to actually track thius thing???
Thanks so much!
You can go to Jeep.com and click on contact us as the bottom, then choose live chat. Give them your VIN and ask for status and the status code. They are closed Sundays though. If you already have your window sticker showing on cryptostickers, you are likely past being built. The status code meanings you can find easily with google search or in the first page or 2 of this thread. Once it hits status code KZ (released for shipping), you can try to ask your dealer to look up more exactly where it is and provide an ETA.

Sponsored

Bucks45

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2010 JK Sport, 1968 Chevelle, 1981 Camaro, 2017 Cadillac, 2013 HD Street Glide
Occupation
Director of Operations
2020 JLR -
Ordered - 8/23
Vin - 8/28
D1 - 9/7
KZ - 9/16

Jeep chat just told me it's now KZ, but I don't see it on crypto stickers. Is that normal?

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
2020 JLR -
Ordered - 8/23
Vin - 8/28
D1 - 9/7
KZ - 9/16

Jeep chat just told me it's now KZ, but I don't see it on crypto stickers. Is that normal?
There was a delay of a day or 2 from when mine when to KZ until I saw my window sticker on cryptostickers. I saw the build list on crypto about the same time as it went KZ.

Bucks45

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Director of Operations
There was a delay of a day or 2 from when mine when to KZ until I saw my window sticker on cryptostickers. I saw the build list on crypto about the same time as it went KZ.
Ok, thanks! I appreciate the response!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JL Sahara
09/05: Order Date
09/09: Got VIN Number
09/09: Status = F (Paint)
09/10: Status = KZ [Released by plant , invoiced (window sticker)]
09/12: Status = KZLD [In Transit: Delay]
09/16: Status = KZ (In Transit)
Spoke to the dealer this morning and they state that it should arrive at the dealership in couple of days.

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
09/05: Order Date
09/09: Got VIN Number
09/09: Status = F (Paint)
09/10: Status = KZ [Released by plant , invoiced (window sticker)]
09/12: Status = KZLD [In Transit: Delay]
09/16: Status = KZ (In Transit)
Spoke to the dealer this morning and they state that it should arrive at the dealership in couple of days.
Congrats! My order date is the same, but I'm in E (framing) right now. :( haha

Advertisement

Advertisement