Sponsored

Anyone Else Having This Issue (Driving It Too Much)

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I leased with 15k a year. Sitting at 6k after 2 months. I wont do this again. haha
I went out and bought a little getting around car a few weeks ago for work and whatnot to keep the miles off of the JL until winter.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I hear you. I figure when it gets cold I wont be so compelled to go for a ride with the top off.... I guess.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not even 1.5 months and I have 4500 on the odometer. I drive it to the store, to Starbucks, to get my daughter from school, or just a head clearing ride after work (I work from home and just have to get out of the house after work). Pretty much any excuse to drive it. I have taken weekend trips to everywhere within a 5hr radius, pretty much every weekend. I bought it in August, so my strategy has been to make the most of the remaining warm/sunny days here in NY, since I missed having a jeep through June and July. This wouldn't be to bad but, it's a lease (don't do a lease you will regret the sh&% out of that). I figure during the cold days the mileage spike will even out since I don't see myself having a legitimate excuse/reason to drive it. However, for now if the sun is out and its not cold or raining, the top comes down and I'm headed someplace. BTW supposed to be 85 degrees today here in NY... Guess whose knocking off work early..!
I got 5500 ish miles on it since October. That doesn’t sound like much, but when you take in consideration that 4000 of those miles are wheeling/off-road then does that count as a lot?
I’m in wheeling anonymous......:facepalm:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I traded in my 2019 JLUR after 8 months with 1,800 miles on it. I've had my 2020 a month now and I'm at 160 miles.

Everything is local to me...
Why did you trade the 2019 JLUR ?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Funny my girlfriend doesn't get that at all & I work from home. We fight about it every single week. After work I just have to get the hell out of the house.
Look man, I ain't telling you how to live your life but all I gotta say is if she's a Jeeper she's a keeper ;)

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Why did you trade the 2019 JLUR ?
I buy a new jeep every year. Build it up up and trade it in at the end of the year to start over. It is a hobby of mine.

Probably be the last one though. Illinois is wiping out the trade in tax exemption January 1st so it won't be financially reasonable anymore.

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Fishing , I hope.
Actually just got back into it. I had surgery on my left hand (I'm also left handed) that took me further out of commission until the end of August. The issue had ruined my spring and summer fishing.

Here is my first trip back on the Upper Potomac and the first fish: I was a little jazzed.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually just got back into it. I had surgery on my left hand (I'm also left handed) that took me further out of commission until the end of August. The issue had ruined my spring and summer fishing.

Here is my first trip back on the Upper Potomac and the first fish: I was a little jazzed.
Okay, wtg. Nice smallie. You cast pretty well with your right hand. Welcome back !

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I leased with 15k a year. Sitting at 6k after 2 months. I wont do this again. haha
I went out and bought a little getting around car a few weeks ago for work and whatnot to keep the miles off of the JL until winter.
How does that song go ? You can sit by the pool but you cant have a swim, you can feel the cushions but you cant have a seat ......and so on. Leasing is too confining .

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Had ours a little over a month and at the current rate we will hit 18-20K miles a year.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
4700 miles on mine since i got it on memorial day 2019. i've done 2 road trips 3500 miles and the rest is commuting to work or driving around town. loving every mile of it.

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
I have a 2016 Grand Chrrokee for the daily driver with a little over 100,000 miles on it. The Rubicon I purchased 12/18 and I have ~5000 miles on it. You've got to have a backup! :like:

OrangeRuby

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL)
My 18 got about 1k/mo in the first year. My new one is only three days old. Too soon to tell....

Pandy316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F250, 2016 Mustang GT
5 months = 10,000 miles. I love it almost as much as my boob job.

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JLU Sport S
Not even 1.5 months and I have 4500 on the odometer. I drive it to the store, to Starbucks, to get my daughter from school, or just a head clearing ride after work (I work from home and just have to get out of the house after work). Pretty much any excuse to drive it. I have taken weekend trips to everywhere within a 5hr radius, pretty much every weekend. I bought it in August, so my strategy has been to make the most of the remaining warm/sunny days here in NY, since I missed having a jeep through June and July. This wouldn't be to bad but, it's a lease (don't do a lease you will regret the sh&% out of that). I figure during the cold days the mileage spike will even out since I don't see myself having a legitimate excuse/reason to drive it. However, for now if the sun is out and its not cold or raining, the top comes down and I'm headed someplace. BTW supposed to be 85 degrees today here in NY... Guess whose knocking off work early..!
I find any reason possible to drive my jlus... 8 months 8k miles
Sponsored