Sponsored

What should I expect when moving to 37's & lift?

Kaijujl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I have a 2019 Sahara JLU, currently sitting on 285/75/r17 wheels from BFG on stock suspendion. Been eying the 37x12.5r17 Milestar Patagonia's for a while now and was going to lift the Jeep with the skyjacker 2.5'' lift next month anyway. I'm wondering what additional upgrades I'm going to have to do if I move to 37's? So far I've gathered I'll need to...

1. Upgrade the stock tire carrier to support the new weight
2. Trim the inner fender liner to avoid rubbing
3. Re-gear to a 4.88 or 5.13? I've seen mixed responses to this, some say yes right away, others say you'll have to do it but not immediately.

Am I missing anything?
Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Kaijujl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
With the lift I do not think you will need to trim the fenders, or re gear at least at first, might want to later to get your last gear used more frequently. I would suggest the https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/tire-carriers/11546-55-rugged-ridge-spartacus-hd-tire-carrier-kit for the upgraded tire carrier, it is awesome!

IMG_5381.jpg
Appreciate the input. Love the setup btw. Seeing as you have the tires maybe you can also answer how these things do for daily? I keep getting mixed feelings from people on running 37's on your daily. How your fuel economy and road noise since you put em on?

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
I have a 2019 Sahara JLU, currently sitting on 285/75/r17 wheels from BFG on stock suspendion. Been eying the 37x12.5r17 Milestar Patagonia's for a while now and was going to lift the Jeep with the skyjacker 2.5'' lift next month anyway. I'm wondering what additional upgrades I'm going to have to do if I move to 37's? So far I've gathered I'll need to...

3. Re-gear to a 4.88 or 5.13? I've seen mixed responses to this, some say yes right away, others say you'll have to do it but not immediately.

Am I missing anything?
Death wobble guaranteed.

Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Death wobble guaranteed.
nah.... DW is more about steering stabilizer and making sure nothing is loose and alignment is set right.. I have been running stock and 37's since day 1.. when DW shows up, it shows up on both sizes... I know this because I always trailer my 37's to the trail head area (ie. Rubicon 8 hours away), then swap and vise versa.. I do this mainly because Maxxis Creepy's are very soft (may last 8k miles) and I am a cheap bastard... And the stock tires are much better on MPG (13 vs 17)..

I am not saying DW does not will not exist, but tire size is really not the issue, it may amplify it.. but I would not factor that into your decision. 40" welll lots more to consider - modify, 37" walk in the park..

I am running Mopar lift, Mopar tire reinforcement carrier, rear airbags to level it out and add another 1" when fully loaded.. No issues on anything.. Runs great 17K so far 20+ trails ytd..

I hope that helps...

TC

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL

Am I missing anything?
I have 37 x 12.50 BFG-Mud Terrains) on stock rubicon rims, nearly 8,000 miles. No problems at all. Drives better than stock (when I drove off the lot)on the Freeway. Straight as an arrow. (Mopar tail gate reinforcement, RE 2” lift, RC front lower adjustable control arms, Yeti sway bar, Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer). Also it has been on the Rubicon Trail and the Pismo Dunes. For my Rubicon No trim, no re-gear needed at all for me. Love it.

5A3A5A39-B915-413F-8B12-1B3FBFD95037.jpeg
Sponsored