Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Hi

I installed Smart Start Stop Module a few days back, and now I am relieved from pressing the button every day :dance:. Installation is super easy however, the space is too small
Hi ,
Thanks for the photos. How did you get that panel off to make more space ?
Sponsored

mbinzayed

First Name
Mohammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Hi ,
Thanks for the photos. How did you get that panel off to make more space ?
hi

I did not remove any panel. I know you have to work with very small area but it is doable.
You can remove the panel that is under the steering wheel and the side panel have more room but in my opinion it is not required.

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Will this work in a 2020 JL? Web page still only shows 18-19, but I assume that is just because the 2020s are just now rolling out.

OP
OP
SmartStopStart.com

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
Will this work in a 2020 JL? Web page still only shows 18-19, but I assume that is just because the 2020s are just now rolling out.
I have shipped two out to 2020 JL owners and I am just waiting on them to install and report back before I update the website. I have high expectations that it will work fine on the 2020s. We have already shipped dozens for the 2020 JT Gladiator.

OP
OP
SmartStopStart.com

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine yesterday on my 2020 JLUR and it works perfectly. Installation was tougher for me then most for some reason? I was able to get the unplug it, but plugging the Smartstop in was a bear. Took me 30 min or so maybe? Again, this seems to not be typical so prob not that hard for all.

BroncoWranglerski

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
We do use heavy duty (NOT standard) Velcro in the kit. It seems to work fine in my Wrangler, but if the consensus wants tie wraps included we can include that too for some extra support.
This right here is why I am going to support this company. People spoke, they listened and acted. Yeah I know it’s only a couple of cable ties, but they responded. Not sure when but I need two of these. One for wrangler and one for my wife’s Cherokee. Any chances of a BOGO for 50%?

OP
OP
SmartStopStart.com

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jim, thanks for your support!

PM me with the details of your Cherokee (regular or GRAND Cherokee, model year, trim (Laredo, Limited, etc) and I'll work up a good deal for you. Also provide me your email address in the PM.

-Steve

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Just ordered on for my wife's pacifica - I'm debating on giving it to her as a Christmas present, but I'm not that sure I can wait that long ;)

Sponsored

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I removed my SmartStopStart module today when I took my vehicle in for service. I was immediately reminded why I love this device - every time I got back in the Jeep to go somewhere i forgot to hit the disable button, and then engine shut off at the first stop. ESS is very clunky on the 3.6, and all that wear and tear on the starter and engine + no heat at every stop. very happy I purchased this item.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I removed my SmartStopStart module today when I took my vehicle in for service. I was immediately reminded why I love this device - every time I got back in the Jeep to go somewhere i forgot to hit the disable button, and then engine shut off at the first stop. ESS is very clunky on the 3.6, and all that wear and tear on the starter and engine + no heat at every stop. very happy I purchased this item.
I couldn’t agree more probably one of the best mods to date, great company fabulous product!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Since selling my Tazer this is the only programmer I have plugged in and it works every time and it’s been plugged in for months .....

texascrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 100-series Landcruiser, 1985 CJ-7
Just installed this on my 20 JLUR. Took 5 minutes to install and works great. Well worth it in my opinion.
Sponsored