35 inch tires on stock wheels

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Can anyone running 35 inch KO2s speak to any power loss on a v6 automatic?
Sponsored

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Not much but some loss in acceleration and braking but still really fast with the 8 speed

Vermillion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have had 315 C KO2s for about 8 months and will say I have never noticed any power loss over stock on the v6 automatic.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
The same question but for the 6 speed manual...noticeable power loss?

Sponsored

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
The same question but for the 6 speed manual...noticeable power loss?
probably ok on a rubi with 4:10 but sport or sahara with 3.56 would be a bit sluggish, I initially had a sahara with manual and stepped up to 33s and it was fine but any bigger would have felt a bit slow

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Another. There is very little rake - the camera angle of above pic seem to show a lot of rake.

E535122E-B05C-40AF-B777-DF377B0ED641.jpeg
@LBK454 , what 1" Teraflex spacer did you use? I see 1/2 ones, and 1 1/2 in ones but can't find a JL 1" for the front.

That looks like a good setup you have to run 35s without a 2" lift.

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I went about it in a more convoluted way and it cost me a bit more to get what I wanted. I couldn’t find a 1” spacer that I liked, so I ended up buying the Teraflex JL 1.5 lift for the 2 door JL. That had a 1” front spacer and a 2” rear. I used the 1” front and bought the 1/2” rear. I did end up with their Flacon bump stops (and a left over 2” rear spacer) but I haven’t needed to use the Falcon bump stops. FWIW I think a company called Traxda will make a 1” front spacer.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I went about it in a more convoluted way and it cost me a bit more to get what I wanted. I couldn’t find a 1” spacer that I liked, so I ended up buying the Teraflex JL 1.5 lift for the 2 door JL. That had a 1” front spacer and a 2” rear. I used the 1” front and bought the 1/2” rear. I did end up with their Flacon bump stops (and a left over 2” rear spacer) but I haven’t needed to use the Falcon bump stops. FWIW I think a company called Traxda will make a 1” front spacer.
Ok, so if i i buy the 2door 1.5" spacer lift it has the 1" front and will just need the .5 rear. That is good information for anyone wanting to run 35s without a full 2" lift. I have a 2" lift to install, but debating on just doing something like this with good shocks until ai know for sure this JL is a keeper.

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I also wanted to wait to see if this was a keeper with the potential issues some owners are having. So far so good, so I may look at the Dynatrac 2” lift after a year or so. Here is the link for the JL 2 door spacer: https://www.quadratec.com/p/teraflex/1165100-1-5-inch-performance-spacer-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

You just need to buy the 1/2” rear spacer.

The one I bought had the bump stops in case I needed them. So far no need for extended bump stops. Also Daystar and another vendor make 3/4” spacers, but I opted to to use the 1”.

Sponsored

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
As many people of mentioned, shops will not mount the 35x12.5 on the factory rubicon wheel. For those that are running 35s on the factory rubicon wheel, have you had any issues? There’s obviously a reason they refuse to mount them so I’m wondering if anyone has actually experienced any problems... thanks!

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
As many people of mentioned, shops will not mount the 35x12.5 on the factory rubicon wheel. For those that are running 35s on the factory rubicon wheel, have you had any issues? There’s obviously a reason they refuse to mount them so I’m wondering if anyone has actually experienced any problems... thanks!
I have 37 x 12.50 on stock rubicon rims, nearly 8,000 miles. No problems at all. 4 Wheel Parts mounted no problem. Drives better than stock on the Freeway ( front lower adjustable control arms, Yeti sway bar, Fox Steering Stabilizer). Also it has been on the Rubicon Trail and the Pismo Dunes. Should be no problem finding a shop to mount them. PM me if I can assist , provide assistance

AD08DFC5-4DA0-4ED1-81A7-BEF0D042AE20.jpeg

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Awesome! Thank you!

I have 37 x 12.50 on stock rubicon rims, nearly 8,000 miles. No problems at all. 4 Wheel Parts mounted no problem. Drives better than stock on the Freeway ( front lower adjustable control arms, Yeti sway bar, Fox Steering Stabilizer). Also it has been on the Rubicon Trail and the Pismo Dunes. Should be no problem finding a shop to mount them. PM me if I can assist , provide assistance

AD08DFC5-4DA0-4ED1-81A7-BEF0D042AE20.jpeg

CinciAv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2004 Rubicon, 1972 CJ6
Have a 2018 sport JLU. I added the rubicon fenders and liners. No lift.

My 315s on the stock black steel rims fit with minor issues. Had to trim the front bumper and go to a rubi rear bumper. Might have been able to just trim the rear bumper, but got a good deal on the rubi steel bumper

Still hits the track bar at full lock when turning one direction. (Left?) And some minor contact with the liners.

Had it off road and had no other issues. Flexed it pretty good.

Still have rubi takeoff shocks and springs to install as a lift. I expect that should fix the inner liner contact.

Went with Falken Wildpeak M/T. Pretty quiet on the highway. Ride is good. Track as well as the stock Michelins.

Have the 2.0T with an auto. Would not stay in 8th on the highway. So programed it for the new tire size. Better now. But mpg really drops if it stays in 7th. From 25.5 to 18.5 on the center display.

Power is not an issue. Acceleration is still good. Do notice that it takes a little more throttle/time to get rolling from a stop. But these class E tires are heavy. Once it is rolling acceleration is good.

Gas milage took a hit. Dropped 3 to 4 mpg, once I got the right tire size programed. Still getting over 20 on the highway. Beats the 15 my jku got with same size tires.
Sponsored