About to get a JL and have general questions

OP
OP

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Lol I'm the opposite of your wife:like: I said let's forget this damn kitchen and I want a new Jeep:rock:
Ha! Well, I am sure if it was her car she would say the same thing, but she got her lease last year.
Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
My advice is, Don't get rid of the XJ! A good one is getting harder to find and 2001 was the last of them. Nothing wrong with adding the JL and being a two jeep family.

OP
OP

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
My advice is, Don't get rid of the XJ! A good one is getting harder to find and 2001 was the last of them. Nothing wrong with adding the JL and being a two jeep family.
Ah, it's not an XJ, it's a Grand Cherokee. If it was an XJ, my 10 year old son would be getting it when he learned to drive.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
You might actually think of just buying new. I think, when I last looked at used JLs, the price difference was only a couple of thousand. Any iffy welds would have been checked by now. And there is a recall V41 for the steering dampers.
I agree. That's the reason I ended up buying new. Used prices are sky high in my area. Plus, I got the latest and greatest in tech along with the other stuff (and a new vehicle warranty). Also IIRC if you are financing, interest rates are lower on new vehicles. Good luck, I hope you that perfect Jeep to fit your needs.

OP
OP

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
I agree. That's the reason I ended up buying new. Used prices are sky high in my area. Plus, I got the latest and greatest in tech along with the other stuff (and a new vehicle warranty). Also IIRC if you are financing, interest rates are lower on new vehicles. Good luck, I hope you that perfect Jeep to fit your needs.
Yeah, but that's the thing,with what I am looking at, I am saving at least $4,000 over new, with the 8% off. I am trying to be out of the dealership at $38K all in after TTL. The lowest I saw for the Wrangler I want in the package I want, even at 8% off was still $43,600 out the door after TTL. That's $5K I can spend go get a lot of goodies with.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
You might actually think of just buying new. I think, when I last looked at used JLs, the price difference was only a couple of thousand. Any iffy welds would have been checked by now. And there is a recall V41 for the steering dampers.
same here in ny. the used wranglers prices aren't much lower then the new ones. i've seen wranglers up to 5 years old with up to 40k miles on the clock priced out $3k less then a new wrangler..
Sponsored