For those who have a manual JL

ravinmaniac

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I don't have any issues, but there are some things I learned. I cannot hear, nor feel anything on my clutch, so it takes practice on when the clutch engages and how to gently feather the gas. I have not looked under my Jeep yet for this, but I would guess the slave pushes on the fork and that will need lube as all my other manual vehicles. Force a bit of lube in between there and it gets smoother.

From first to secomd, there is a lot of loading on the flexible suspension, and pushing the clutch in perfectly timed with a millisecond extra on the gas pedal produces a smoother disengagement.

I wish the engine had a bit more growl, or the clutch a little more feel...
I agree, after driving manuals my whole life (including a motorcycle) it took me a few tries to get used to this new JL, but fun to drive. I am going to upgrade my exhaust to see if that helps with the growl.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, after driving manuals my whole life (including a motorcycle) it took me a few tries to get used to this new JL, but fun to drive. I am going to upgrade my exhaust to see if that helps with the growl.
I have a Magnaflow axle back and it sounds GREAT with the manual and 3.6. It is like music!

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I had the same issue driving my manual, couldnt really here the exhaust. I upgraded to a mrbp stainless dual exhaust and it's perfect! not too loud alomost 0 drone. Keep in mind even tho it's stainless, I still gave it three coats of high temperature clear.

NJMevec

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Occupation
Salesman at Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM
Mine definitely has a creaking feeling when letting off at the very beginning, like a spring tensioning. Makes me wonder if removing the spring will give the clutch a stiffer feel and get rid of that creaking/sticky feeling. Only complaint I have about the manual is the lightness of the clutch.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
DB635365-0CA6-4D4E-BB7C-FF281F234F4F.jpeg
Hey all, i got a question for those who have the 6spd manual JLs. Does your clutch have a “sticky” sensation upon letting off the clutch? Its for the first second of letting it off. Drives and engages fine otherwise. Took my Sport S to the dealership and they said this was normal operation as he drove a few of the manual JLs and experienced the same feeling. Due to a spring loaded mechanism they say. Started experiencing it yesterday and didnt notice it before..

Just wanna confirm with the rest of y’all before I take it to another dealer or shop!
Small world - I use the same dealer. Mine is a 6-spd manual JLUR (2019) and I cannot say I have noticed any stickiness at the bottom of the clutch swing as it starts up.

Sponsored

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
I haven't read through the entire thread, but you should go test drive another manual. Just pretend you are still looking to buy at another dealership.

Rockywoolf

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon
The jeep has a feature that when parked and you take your foot off the brake, the brake continues to hold for a sec or two. That may be some peeps issue. My manual shifts very smooth with no issues. 3000 miles.

SDJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2018
Hey all, i got a question for those who have the 6spd manual JLs. Does your clutch have a “sticky” sensation upon letting off the clutch? Its for the first second of letting it off. Drives and engages fine otherwise. Took my Sport S to the dealership and they said this was normal operation as he drove a few of the manual JLs and experienced the same feeling. Due to a spring loaded mechanism they say. Started experiencing it yesterday and didnt notice it before..

Just wanna confirm with the rest of y’all before I take it to another dealer or shop!
I don’t feel a sticking with my clutch. It’s pretty smooth.

Sponsored

Jeep_Dog_Golf

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 2019

Been driving mine for three months and no stick whatsoever. Are you saying it sticks to the floor for a second? This does not happen for me.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have had lots of issues with my Manual. I too have driven and owned many manual vehicles. This one is the worst !
1. 1200 miles: Entire pedal assembly was replaced - No Change
2. 3500 miles: Master/Slave replaced - Problem changed from ALWAYS the same to an intermittent problem
3. 6000 miles: Clutch Changed It was great for a while, but then at 10,000 miles it was sticky / hard again. It switched back and forth a few time over the next several thousand miles. Dealers (I have tried 2 of them) have not been supportive. I am now logging of the issues with date, mileage, speed, temperature....
4. Since about 16,000 miles it has been good, but I am REALLY concerned about the clutch and assembly. The throwout bearing housing is plastic ! I saw and felt with my own eyes. Really is this going to last ? ?

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
Small world - I use the same dealer. Mine is a 6-spd manual JLUR (2019) and I cannot say I have noticed any stickiness at the bottom of the clutch swing as it starts up.
love the yellow! ended up going with red bc i didnt wanna wait the 2months it would take to arrive

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So update: they had an engineer come out from Chrysler Corp and was instructed to replace my slave cylinder. Guess it was defective from the manufacturer.

Gonna pray that this will be the answer to my problems and that it doesnt get messed up even more..

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had lots of issues with my Manual. I too have driven and owned many manual vehicles. This one is the worst !
1. 1200 miles: Entire pedal assembly was replaced - No Change
2. 3500 miles: Master/Slave replaced - Problem changed from ALWAYS the same to an intermittent problem
3. 6000 miles: Clutch Changed It was great for a while, but then at 10,000 miles it was sticky / hard again. It switched back and forth a few time over the next several thousand miles. Dealers (I have tried 2 of them) have not been supportive. I am now logging of the issues with date, mileage, speed, temperature....
4. Since about 16,000 miles it has been good, but I am REALLY concerned about the clutch and assembly. The throwout bearing housing is plastic ! I saw and felt with my own eyes. Really is this going to last ? ?

Wouldnt that be considered a lemon?
Sponsored