Sponsored

PDI issue with ESS

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
2020 JL Sahara has been at dealership since Aug 19. Waiting to take delivery but the PDI came back with an issue with the start stop. The part required to fix the issue is on back order and I don't know when I'll be able to pick the jeep up. Supposedly the 18th it should come in.

Is this a common issue with this mechanism of the vehicle PRE DELIVERY?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
2020 JL Sahara has been at dealership since Aug 19. Waiting to take delivery but the PDI came back with an issue with the start stop. The part required to fix the issue is on back order and I don't know when I'll be able to pick the jeep up. Supposedly the 18th it should come in.

Yes, the stop/start system has been known for causing various degrees of issues for some of the members of this forum. At the same time, we only represent the slightest fraction of a single percentage of global owners, and its far more common for people to voice a complaint than to check in to say everything is peachy.

Truthfully, I'd be very skeptical with that specific vehicle. Its the third year for the JL and most dealers still don't seem to know what they're looking at when it comes to diagnosing a problem. Add to that a big switch up with the 2 different auto stop/start systems across the entire 2020 lineup.

Have they told you any specifics? Will it be a definitive fix? If not, warranty doesn't cover your time and inconvenience if it requires repeated visits/tows to the dealer.

If it were me and I wasn't in a big time crunch, I'd have the dealer reorder another one. It would be well worth the added wait to avoid a vehicle that has an issue right out of the box. I've read numerous times about a reorder being prioritized at the factory.

Best of luck

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR

At least they found it before you took delivery. Now you won't have to worry about fighting with Jeep and the dealer trying to get it fixed under warranty and potentially being out of a Jeep for weeks. (Assuming they fix it right the first time)

OP
OP

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Yes, the stop/start system has been known for causing various degrees of issues for some of the members of this forum. At the same time, we only represent the slightest fraction of a single percentage of global owners, and its far more common for people to voice a complaint than to check in to say everything is peachy.

Truthfully, I'd be very skeptical with that specific vehicle. Its the third year for the JL and most dealers still don't seem to know what they're looking at when it comes to diagnosing a problem. Add to that a big switch up with the 2 different auto stop/start systems across the entire 2020 lineup.

Have they told you any specifics? Will it be a definitive fix? If not, warranty doesn't cover your time and inconvenience if it requires repeated visits/tows to the dealer.

If it were me and I wasn't in a big time crunch, I'd have the dealer reorder another one. It would be well worth the added wait to avoid a vehicle that has an issue right out of the box. I've read numerous times about a reorder being prioritized at the factory.

Best of luck
Thanks! I will see about reorder. I'll read forums to look for wha t prioritizing from factory translates to in a timeline. Curious how much longer I'd have to wait

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I would try and get specifics if it were me.

I picked my V6 JLR up Friday and have been wheeling up in big bear the past three days. Got a “Start/Stop unavailable. Service Start/Stop system” message while out there briefly at about 600 miles - it went away and I’m now at 800 miles so we’ll see I guess. It’s on the list of things to check out now that I’m home cleaning it today.

OP
OP

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I would try and get specifics if it were me.

I picked my V6 JLR up Friday and have been wheeling up in big bear the past three days. Got a “Start/Stop unavailable. Service Start/Stop system” message while out there briefly at about 600 miles - it went away and I’m now at 800 miles so we’ll see I guess. It’s on the list of things to check out now that I’m home cleaning it today.
Asked but didn't really get a straight answer. I don't think they honestly know.
Sponsored