Sponsored

Nighthawk - My Sport S So Far (Katzkin Leather, Tint, Mopar Accessories)

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Looks really nice! Quick questions: Are the leather simply seat covers? Will the side airbag be impacted at all?
Katzkin is full leather just like factory, not just covers, does not impact air bags.
Sponsored

Reactions: zyt
OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Looks good. Ready for our katzkins to show up. We did black as well but we did black thread.
Yeah my dealer didn’t give me a choice and this is what they went with, I think black thread would have been the way to go here, but I’ll live lol.

Sponsored

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah my dealer didn’t give me a choice and this is what they went with, I think black thread would have been the way to go here, but I’ll live lol.
Funny. I was questioning if we should have done the grey thread for contrast. LOL

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Funny. I was questioning if we should have done the grey thread for contrast. LOL
Yeah don’t get me wrong I don’t mind it! I think you will be happy with the black on black though :)

Overall too the leather is just really premium and well done, I immediately hit it with some leather conditioner and it looks stellar.

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Do you happen to know what the factory tint was? Kinda looks like 35%
I told them to go as dark as they could while keeping it legal which would be 27% for the front. I though the factory rears were maybe 25% or something close. I have no actual proof that they did what I asked but I’ve had 25% in the past and this seems pretty close!

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Love it! I need mats like that! Where did you find your gas cover? I ordered one on amazon and it was way too small. The one I saw like that was pricey but maybe that’s the way it is. TIA!

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Hey thanks man! Here is a pic with one off and one on. I personally just think it looks more aggressive without it and more signature wrangler. Considering they don’t have it on the Sahara or Rubi I genuinely don’t think think there was a functional reason other than differentiating the sport.

45D95074-2808-4D1D-91F1-A0F3E5AB5E6A.jpeg
Was it easy to take off? How’d you do it? Thanks!

Sponsored

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
Nice.

Ours will sort of have it as I ordered one of the full width LOD bumpers for the front. It’s flared up but doesn’t look like it will make a solid connection.

My Rubi rails are supposed to deliver tomorrow too. Can’t wait to get everything installed. Need to touch base with our dealer on the katzkins.

TripleB

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ (Sold), 2013 JKUS (Sold), 2015 JKUR (Sold)
Very nice. The leather looks good. How did the dealer do the heated seats switch? Can you post a pic?

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Love it! I need mats like that! Where did you find your gas cover? I ordered one on amazon and it was way too small. The one I saw like that was pricey but maybe that’s the way it is. TIA!
Thanks! I got it from Quadratec for about $125. Worth it in my opinion since its solid metal with a nice matte black finish!

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Was it easy to take off? How’d you do it? Thanks!
Yes and no haha. Yes it's easy to take off in that someone like me who doesn't really know how to work on cars (Yet) figured it out. There are 7 screws total that will need to be removed, additionally I found that it made it much easier to remove one of the screws on the factory plastic skid plate below the bumper to provide a little more give when you pull the euro piece off. Once I removed the euro piece I replaced this screw of course. There is one screw on the bottom front that is a pain in the butt because it's in a very tight space. Once you figure it all out on the first side the second side is a piece of cake, you just have to not be afraid to really yank the piece out once you get everything unscrewed.

Hope this is helpful and not confusing!

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Very nice. The leather looks good. How did the dealer do the heated seats switch? Can you post a pic?
Here are a few pictures, all the wires and everything are hidden and it’s very clean if not quite the factory look. Basically one switch on each side for the driver and passenger with two heat settings, flip up for high and down for low. Keep in mind this was the local Katzkin reseller in my area so I’m not sure this is exactly how they would do it everywhere.

Hope this helps!

B824D978-5BEB-46C2-ADB9-AAD9719538F2.jpeg

59443110-EADE-4E68-880A-04D8163258AD.jpeg
Sponsored