Ham Radio question with JLUR

Socceref

First Name
Ref
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara (loaded)
Yeah, the K400S mount wouldn't work on the tailgate for several reasons the thickness of the pinch on the edge and it interfered with the tail light as well. It appears to transmit and receive just fine, the adhesive mount is in a similar location. To be honest, I haven't been talking on it all that much, I need to find some time to put a fresh program in it. Maybe this weekend when I install winch. My external speaker is tucked way up under the dash. Sorry that you purchased the K400S, I should have mentioned that it didn't work.

Hey Martin, Thanks for sharing your experience! Do you get any AUX interference through the switches? Some say only go to the battery, but I like your approach with the 40 amp switch. All help is appreciated!

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Hey Martin, Thanks for sharing your experience! Do you get any AUX interference through the switches? Some say only go to the battery, but I like your approach with the 40 amp switch. All help is appreciated!
No interference as far as I can tell. I just picked up an audio interrupt for front left speaker that I need to install. Am actually kind of excited to see how it performs as an external speaker because I put my external behind my glove box and its kind of difficult to hear. In my JK I put the external speaker under the sport bar cover right by the driver left ear, it was perfect. Only time will tell to see how it works. Once I get some white space to install it of course.

https://audiointerrupt.com/Content/Wizard.html

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR 2 Door, 21 JLU TD, 06 GC, 54 Willys SW
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
No interference as far as I can tell. I just picked up an audio interrupt for front left speaker that I need to install. Am actually kind of excited to see how it performs as an external speaker because I put my external behind my glove box and its kind of difficult to hear. In my JK I put the external speaker under the sport bar cover right by the driver left ear, it was perfect. Only time will tell to see how it works. Once I get some white space to install it of course.

https://audiointerrupt.com/Content/Wizard.html
I used that audio interrupt on the top left speaker. It works fantastic.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I used that audio interrupt on the top left speaker. It works fantastic.
That’s pretty cool. I wonder whether they’d work daisy-chained; I rarely use more than one radio at a time, and it’d be nice to have any of them feeding into the same speaker.

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR 2 Door, 21 JLU TD, 06 GC, 54 Willys SW
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
That’s pretty cool. I wonder whether they’d work daisy-chained; I rarely use more than one radio at a time, and it’d be nice to have any of them feeding into the same speaker.
There is a speaker jack that plugs into whatever radio you're using it for, so you could always make a switch box for multiple radio use.
Sponsored