Sponsored

Rubicon 35 inch tires on stock rims with Mopar lift?

RedLine

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon (replaced 2018 Cherokee Trailhawk), 2013 JK Sport (Bought for Daughter)
Hello everyone,

I'm planning my 2020 Rubicon order, and I'm considering having the dealer install 35 inch 315/70/17 Falkens on the stock rims and adding the Mopar lift.

Will this configuration work ok or will I need wheel spacers?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
It'll work but the ride is better with some spacers. I had this setup on my rig. 1.75 spacers helped.

OP
OP
RedLine

RedLine

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon (replaced 2018 Cherokee Trailhawk), 2013 JK Sport (Bought for Daughter)
It'll work but the ride is better with some spacers. I had this setup on my rig. 1.75 spacers helped.
Thank you for the feedback and spacer suggestion, much appreciated. I'll check this out.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Lot of complaints about Mopar lift specifically around spring bowing.. you should check out @River City Offroad they have some great deals on teraflex and rock krawler lifts.. they had a Labor Day coupon code not sure if it is still good.. but I just ordered my lift from them and saved about 300-400 dollars of what local shops were quoting me..

OP
OP
RedLine

RedLine

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lot of complaints about Mopar lift specifically around spring bowing.. you should check out @River City Offroad they have some great deals on teraflex and rock krawler lifts.. they had a Labor Day coupon code not sure if it is still good.. but I just ordered my lift from them and saved about 300-400 dollars of what local shops were quoting me..
Thanks for the feedback Michael. I've read some good and bad so it's tough.

Is the 3rd party lift covered by Mopar warranty? That is one thing it has going for it.

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback Michael. I've read some good and bad so it's tough.

Is the 3rd party lift covered by Mopar warranty? That is one thing it has going for it.
No but the other route you can go, is OC motorsport in Costa Mesa is party owned by OC auto Jeep dealer, if they do the work and install then OCauto Jeep dealer guarantees warranty coverage.. that way you can get more options and still feel safe about warranty..

They have been really great with me on my JKU and helped me get warranty coverage when my front displacement broke wheeling in Anza borrego

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Way too much lift for 35's. You'd be better off just adding a leveling spacer up front or going with a 1"-1.5" lift. I would say 95% of the people running the Mopar lift are running 37/38 tires.

OP
OP
RedLine

RedLine

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No but the other route you can go, is OC motorsport in Costa Mesa is party owned by OC auto Jeep dealer, if they do the work and install then OCauto Jeep dealer guarantees warranty coverage.. that way you can get more options and still feel safe about warranty..

They have been really great with me on my JKU and helped me get warranty coverage when my front displacement broke wheeling in Anza borrego
Thanks, that is good info. I will check them out as a possible installer. Would you have to take the vehicle back to them or any Jeep dealer for service?

OP
OP
RedLine

RedLine

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Way too much lift for 35's. You'd be better off just adding a leveling spacer up front or going with a 1"-1.5" lift. I would say 95% of the people running the Mopar lift are running 37/38 tires.
Thanks for the feedback Rusty.

I drove a rental JL in Sedona from Barlow that had the Mopar lift and 35's and it worked well there. That's why I am considering this option.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that is good info. I will check them out as a possible installer. Would you have to take the vehicle back to them or any Jeep dealer for service?
you can go to the OC Auto dealership for regular service.. and if you had lifted related issues, smart to go to OC motorsport. but it is the same parking lot

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I have 35x12.50’s on stock rims with the Mopar lift - no issues at all

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Per Jeep Generation you may want to look into Rock Krawler correctional spring pads if you do go with the Mopar lift. If you liked the Barlow Jeep you should drop them a line to see what they are running. They are happy to answer questions

Cbacon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Why would the ride be better with wheel spacers? Been wondering about stock wheels with 35's and dynatrac Enduro lift.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Why would the ride be better with wheel spacers? Been wondering about stock wheels with 35's and dynatrac Enduro lift.
I had 37s on my stock wheels and a 2.5" lift and loved it. I really like the stock wheels with 35s or 37s. I did run 1.75" wheels spacers because it would rub a full flex without them.

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Hello everyone,

I'm planning my 2020 Rubicon order, and I'm considering having the dealer install 35 inch 315/70/17 Falkens on the stock rims and adding the Mopar lift.

Will this configuration work ok or will I need wheel spacers?

Thanks in advance.
I got 35 falkens on my sport from the dealer with a mopar lift and mopar wheels. They hit the front sway bar without spacers ..... I know a rubi axel is a bit wider but that’s my experience

37FF27F9-AE58-4696-B0A0-56B57F0C3C00.jpeg
Sponsored