Sponsored

Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don’t see many of y’all talking about the Evo Enforcer Pro Long Arm out of all of these kits? I had a 11 JK and a 15 JK, both of which had their lifts already installed when purchased. This JL is the first new vehicle I’ve ever owned so naturally wanted to find the best kit I could to equip her with. I felt like I finally narrowed it down to this but had a really knowledgeable JK owner tell me not to buy evo. That the design them but then send the designs to China to put together the parts? He said Rock Krawler or RPMFab. Seemed odd, especially with the cost of Evo that they’d be China made. And then i come here and it doesn’t seem to be a highly sought after system. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks guys!

EDIT: Evo Manufacturing responded to my email and confirmed their parts are manufactured and assembled in California. I have a feeling the friend I spoke with was more promoting the parts he's sponsored by rather than providing true information. Which is a bit dissapointing. Evo is looking better and better!! :D
I was seriously considering the Evo kit, but upon closer inspection I noticed a few things I didn't like:
1) In the long arm kit, only half the arms are long.
2) The joints on the arms that are bent are not coplanar. The factory arms are, so this is going to reduce the amount of flex possible. Metalcloak has a good illustration of this on their site. There are other manufactures that use Johnny Joints whose arms are done properly like Clayton.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking for a 1.5" to true 2" lift via springs, and not a lot of options out there. I did see that a few have basic kits for 1.5 (skyjacker) and a even a good 2" (dynatrac) but none are sold as just components that I can find. I plan to run Teraflex Alpine arms (or other good adjustable arms) along with Falcon 3.3 shocks, and a good adjustable track bar. I know zi could do a spacer lift, but prefer to use springs if at all possible. I don't want to go any higher than I need to. at this point I may buy one of the lifts above and then only use the springs and sell the rest of the parts. has anything new used eithermthe Skyjacker 1.5 or Dynatrac 2" lifts yet! and if so what did you think of the ride? if I could get just the Mopar 2" springs I would also consider that, but those see to run quite a bit tall. (about the same height as the Teraflex 2,5")

I will never do hard core rock crawling, but will use off-road a lot. I also really enjoy desert running, so having full travel is a must. (don't want to just add big bump stops to stuff big tires).

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I am looking for a 1.5" to true 2" lift via springs, and not a lot of options out there. I did see that a few have basic kits for 1.5 (skyjacker) and a even a good 2" (dynatrac) but none are sold as just components that I can find. I plan to run Teraflex Alpine arms (or other good adjustable arms) along with Falcon 3.3 shocks, and a good adjustable track bar. I know zi could do a spacer lift, but prefer to use springs if at all possible. I don't want to go any higher than I need to. at this point I may buy one of the lifts above and then only use the springs and sell the rest of the parts. has anything new used eithermthe Skyjacker 1.5 or Dynatrac 2" lifts yet! and if so what did you think of the ride? if I could get just the Mopar 2" springs I would also consider that, but those see to run quite a bit tall. (about the same height as the Teraflex 2,5")

I will never do hard core rock crawling, but will use off-road a lot. I also really enjoy desert running, so having full travel is a must. (don't want to just add big bump stops to stuff big tires).
Why not just order the springs you want from Eibach or someone and combine them with the other components you want?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Why not just order the springs you want from Eibach or someone and combine them with the other components you want?
that is one of the options I am looking at with my local shop.

RancherRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The options are overwhelming! Has anyone started a lift comparison matrix/spreadsheet? It would be great to be able to see side x side the which kits have what features and pros and cons. Which ones have which shocks, adjustable control arms, variable rate shocks, corrosion resistant coatings, track bars that are adjustable, etc.
Something like this:

Attachments

Sponsored

RancherRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Anyone have any complaints, cons etc to the Teraflex lifts? I'm strongly considering them just because they are helpful on the phone and have good youtube videos with a sense of humor. Oh, and their call waiting system always tells me "You are number 1"! :)

tommyboyii

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport / 285-70r17 BFG A/T KO2's (c-load) / Pro Comp 17x9 (-6) offset rims / Red Rock 4x4 Stubby Bumper / Bestop Trektop NX fast back soft top
I am totally at a loss. so many stories of death wobble, vibrations, weird noises, other issues (i.e. caster, pinion etc.) after lift installs on here. I DO NOT want to make a rabbit hole mistake and start chasing down 'fixes'.

do I lift or not? I cannot decide!

thinking of 3 options right now.
1. no lift and keep at stock or options 2 & 3. a lift of no more than 2 inches narrowed down to two choices: Zone Offroad 2 inch lift or BDS 2 inch lift.

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-2in-suspension-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler/j30n
http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=7&mo=32&ty=110&yr=2018

(I know I know, they are sort of the same "company" but the Zone kit is at a bit better price point.....albeit less components). as of right now. I am running on stock suspension. no wobble, no noise, no vibration. 20+ MPG's. zippo issues. I am not going to update / change out to 35's. I l like the feel and look of my "lowly" BFG KO2 33's and ProComp 17's and the offset as is.

maybe just add a bit of space to the fender line....no rock crawling; just mud and trails and street. anyone have any experience with either of these kits? thoughts?

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

TheItalianTrain

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon, 2019 Grand Cherokee Luxury Edition
Occupation
RN
I made my own lift and have no steering or drivetrain issues with 6 inches of lift. Control arms, tracks bars, and a steering stabilizer all help. MPG is about -6 now but I'm cool with coasting to gas stations.

20190426_174653.jpg

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Wyle E Coyote

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
After a lot of waiting and research, I just ordered the AEV 2.5" DualSport RT kit for my 19 JLUR. Can't wait to get it on there! Anyone have issues/tips installing? AEV recommended the Steer Smarts Yeti front track-bar, so got that as well. Though the AEV salesperson did say it probably wasn't necessary, but it would allow that minor adjustment to the axle centering.

Sponsored

jallenhood

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKHRU
Occupation
Military
Just had a 2.5 inch Clayton Off-road Overland kit with Fox shocks installed. Kit included front and rear track bars as well as 8 adjustable control arms. Only driven about 40 miles so far but it has been perfect

68FB4C6D-18AF-46B8-B9BC-2FDB18E962BC.jpeg

5846EA54-A20B-4624-A7D0-CD9DA9E6BF4D.jpeg

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Anyone had bad luck with the Daystar 2” “Leveling Kit”. Sounds like a cheaper option than a full suspension lift. If you’re not doing intense off-roading 2” of clearance is still 2” of clearance right???

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4.5" lift 37"s
Just released by maximus-3 the pricing for their lift kit figured I would copy their post here. I have the 4.5" lift ,but went with fox performance 2.0 shocks instead.

Maximus-3 is proud to announce pricing for our JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit.
The Geo-Lift is a complete suspension system with optimal geometry, PLUS steering upgrades. We will offer the parts as a complete kit, as well as "A La Carte"

where is the best place to Purchase these parts "A la Carte" on the website only a few of them are showing. specifically looking for the sway bar end links, and brake line drop brackets.

Thanks,
Brad

Maximus-3 JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit (complete kit with Falcon 2.1 shocks and 3.5" coils)
Retail Price $2399.99 - Special launch price of $2199.99
*** This limited time offer INCLUDES:
(1) Track Bar Relocation Bracket
(1) High Mount Steering Stabilizer Bracket
(2) Front C.A. Geometry-Drop Brackets
(4) Brake Line Drop Brackets
(2) Front Bump Stops
(2) Rear Bump Stops
(1) Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket
(2) Rear Sway-Bar End Links
(4) Falcon 2.1 JL monotube Shocks
(4) Triple Rate Coil Springs (3.5" Lift)
(1) Yeti XD Drag Link (top-mount) by SteerSMARTS

We also offer an upgrade to Falcon 3.1 Shocks.
The Maximus-3 Geo-Lift & High Steer Kit (complete kit with Falcon 3.1 shocks and 3.5" coils)
Retail Price $2899.99. Special launch price of $2699.99
*** This limited time offer includes:
(2) Front Bump Stops
(2) Rear Bump Stops
(4) Falcon 3.1 JL Resi Shocks
(4) Triple Rate Coil Springs (3.5" Lift)
(1) Yeti XD Drag Link (top-mount) by SteerSMARTS

Lastly, we are selling a basic kit WITHOUT Springs and Shocks. This is a great custom option for those who want to choose specific Springs/Shocks. Also great for people who already have Springs/Shocks but want to upgrade to perfect geometry and superior ride qualities.
The Maximus-3 Geo-Lift Kit & High Steer Kit (WITHOUT Springs and Shocks)
Retail Price #1349.99 - Special Launch Price of $1249.99
*** This limited time offer includes:
(2) Front Bump Stops
(2) Rear Bump Stops
(1) Yeti XD Drag Link (top-mount) by Steer Smarts

JL suspension at it's best - the Maximus-3 Geo Lift!
Now taking pre-orders.

20190201_173640 (002).jpg

JL_no-drill_Top_mount_mainF_1bdfc1bc-28a5-4ec6-9447-33e5e28aa8c8_1024x1024.jpg

686B8DE2-F646-4D47-8853-065E1D206298.jpg

Magnum G.I.

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT, 2019 JLU rubicon white
Occupation
physician
just email them they get back pretty fast

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Currie also has a lift for the JL. Their Johnny Joint has been around forever and is highly regarded in the jeep community.

I have their stuff on my LJ, its quality stuff (and the price reflects it. Lol).

https://www.currieenterprises.com/rockjock-4-inch-suspension-system-jl-4-door
I added their kit to my Wrangler -- ride quality is not as great as I want it to be above 65 MPH but I am trying to rule out tire pressure issues and alignment presently just to ensure that it's not the springs... which it very well may be. Love Currie -- will do my best to keep the entire kit on but if it ends up being the springs I'll have to swap them. Their arms are top notch, and the shocks (and stabalizer) are Fox, so even if I do swap springs, not like I feel like I wasted much and still very glad I have their arms =) But I may switch to the Evo 3 1/2" Plush Ride Springs.

Tires are Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.50R17 on AEV Borah Beadlocks @ 31 PSI cold. Originally had them at 36 PSI cold, but dropped them 5 PSI. Didn't make much difference. I have the Tazer, so I will probably drop to 26 PSI cold.

Worth mentioning -- I have a winch up front (on stock steel bumper group) and the front sags pretty hard, so I probably will have to swap springs in the front either way. I don't really blame Currie for that, but I also don't want to add a spacer.
Sponsored