Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Every time we get a light dusting of snow on the roads, I see at least three 4x4s in the ditch, and usually when I drive past it looks like they had MT tires (you can tell by the absence of siping in the tread blocks). The only reason no one knows it's a big deal is that no one collects statistics about type of tire equipped in winter car accidents.

Summer tires and M/T tires are both terrifying in light snow. Which is why manufacturers of these types of tires explicitly warn you not to drive in light snow (or any snow, in the case of summer tires).
Sounds like people driving beyond their skillset(s).

I'm from Maine and have spent most of my life on the east coast VA to ME and I have never had a problem with M/Ts in the snow. I drove my racetruck to work last December in the snow (4") on Z Rated tires (with no traction control(deleted), 5 spd with stage 1 clutch and locker.....I didn't die, kill anyone or crash. Its call throttle modulation.
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly:like: most people on the side of the road during snow are driving too fast and think that just because they have 4WD they can go the speed limit or faster:headbang:. Tires help tremendously, but knowing HOW to drive in ice and snow will win you the battle;)
BINGO!

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Man I always miss out on special editions. I’ve built my Sport how I like/want it, but just getting a WW would’ve made life a bit easier.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Man I always miss out on special editions. I’ve built my Sport how I like/want it, but just getting a WW would’ve made life a bit easier.
It's ok friend. You can buy another:giggle: The more Jeeps you have, the happier you are. I know. I have 2:like:

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Can we begin a campaign to finally pronounce Willys correctly? :)

(... fwiw, it's "Will-Iss" not "Will-EEs")

Your post made me think of Gary Coleman! I never knew it was pronounced as Willis.

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Can we begin a campaign to finally pronounce Willys correctly? :)

(... fwiw, it's "Will-Iss" not "Will-EEs")
Nope. I also refuse to say Adidas, Jaguar, or Porsche in the way the manufacturers do. :angel:

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
So simply order a sport with anti-slip rear end and put on some all terrain tires of your choice, and rims for that matter and you basically have a willys wheeler with rims/tires of your preference.

Same for the black and tan besides a few interior bits or blacked out items. With the jk there was a rear locker which would have separated it from the other models more, just my 2 cents

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
With the Moab wheels, LED lights and LSD axle; the Willys is an attractive shuffle of the parts bin - I’d choose it over a Sport S were I shopping. Does anyone know if the heavy duty brakes on the Willys (& JL Rubicon) really have a performance advantage?
Sponsored