David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have 11K on my 2018 JLUR and all of a sudden I am actually seeing the transmission shift to 7th and 8th while driving around town. I have a Tazer JL and it is supposed to help the Jeep with shift points.

It is strange as I haven't seen these 2 gears in a year and now I see them most of the time and on the Interstate all of the time.

Yes, it stays in that gear until I go uphill or accelerate.

Interesting!
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I have 11K on my 2018 JLUR and all of a sudden I am actually seeing the transmission shift to 7th and 8th while driving around town. I have a Tazer JL and it is supposed to help the Jeep with shift points.

It is strange as I haven't seen these 2 gears in a year and now I see them most of the time and on the Interstate all of the time.

Interesting!
Could just be your tires wearing out a bit more so they are smaller and lighter and that just made the tipping point on that shift point.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'm assuming this isn't a stock Rubicon? Because I see 7th and 8th all the time in my Sport S (stock).

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

Interesting!
So, you were driving around for a year on 37's before adjusting the speedo with a taser?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
How does the tazer help with shift points? Or do you mean by changing tire size?
Adjusting tire size with a tazer gets your speedo reading an accurate ground speed. The auto tranny uses that reading, along with other factors like throttle input, engine load, etc., to make the most optimal shift for the situation.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wife's on 37s, JLUR, no Tazer and I see 7th and 8th regularly. Right at 6K on the odometer.
Did you calibrate speedo with any kind of programmer? Or you just know it’s about 5 mph off or so?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nope...nada. And it's off by close to 20%. I thought it would only be 13% since the 37s are supposed to be only that much bigger than factory....but the factory 285s must not be even close to the claimed 33" height.
Mine shifted at weird times and kinda drove me nuts until I calibrated, now it shifts like it did on stock tires, however I did see 7 & 8 gear while not calibrated.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Nope...nada. And it's off by close to 20%. I thought it would only be 13% since the 37s are supposed to be only that much bigger than factory....but the factory 285s must not be even close to the claimed 33" height.
If BFG is known for anything, its know for undersizing their tires.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ours seems to shift just fine. Though I'm not a fan of how much throttle input you need to get it to move in reverse. Seems like there's too much TC wind up.
Not that it matters, but your avg gas mileage read out is probably better than it showing or not as good, can’t remember which way, lol. Anyway, like I said that part doesn’t bother me.

Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Not as good since I'm traveling farther than what it shows. That's why I had to calculate the mileage (15.5-16.2) for the CO trip. Also...have to change oil roughly 20% sooner.

Eventually I'll probably put a Tazer on it....just haven't seen the need yet.
You may have warranty claims denied because of incorrect mileage.