Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
We took our little ones on the Back Way to Crown King last weekend with the Az virtual Jeep club. Had a blast! Here are a few pics from the weekend.

72E2AC13-A5B0-44A5-9072-BA037DF13DAA.jpeg

1A7DE801-B2B1-4C67-9D47-FB181FDD96FD.jpeg

BF24BE76-1437-4327-84A1-E231B08A1C58.jpeg

F5981A01-5C7D-49DB-AF9E-A5467B006F8E.jpeg
Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
So, we tried to put on some slider/steps - Barricade ones, which I was really excited about. Unfortunately, they attach at the body bolt and dh broke the driver side one while trying to get it out. Sooooo frustrating! I know, now, that it’s a pretty common problem but am still upset. Seriously? That red loctite is no joke! So, Extreme Terrain was very gracious and allowed us to return them, and I’m waiting to hear from the dealer if they’ll fix it for me. Sigh. Poor dh, trying to help me out and now he’s all mad.

Here’s the bolt...half still in the Jeep. That loctite seems to come pretty far down the bolt! :mad:

0E43DA51-940C-4CA6-BFAE-4664763D994A.jpeg
Any word from the dealership? Congrats on the JLU Sport S! I have a mojito 19 sport s, and was wanting to put the LoD signature rock rail/ step on mine but I’m curious as to what you meant as a common issue with that bolt? I watch “[Banned Site]” channel and didn’t see the issue when Eddie did the sway from the rubicon rock rails to the new ones. Again congrats at the JL looks awesome!

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Any word from the dealership? Congrats on the JLU Sport S! I have a mojito 19 sport s, and was wanting to put the LoD signature rock rail/ step on mine but I’m curious as to what you meant as a common issue with that bolt? I watch “[Banned Site]” channel and didn’t see the issue when Eddie did the sway from the rubicon rock rails to the new ones. Again congrats at the JL looks awesome!
Thanks!
The mechanic at the dealer said to just leave it in the way it was! They said they’ve had a lot of trouble getting them out and the body shop usually has to do it, costing a lot. They reassured me it would be perfectly safe to just leave it the way it was.
We sent the rails back and put in some rubicon takeoffs instead, as they’re frame mounted and don’t use the body bolts. It’s evidently a pretty common problem- you can find many threads on it. Sadly I didn’t check before attempting!

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!
The mechanic at the dealer said to just leave it in the way it was! They said they’ve had a lot of trouble getting them out and the body shop usually has to do it, costing a lot. They reassured me it would be perfectly safe to just leave it the way it was.
We sent the rails back and put in some rubicon takeoffs instead, as they’re frame mounted and don’t use the body bolts. It’s evidently a pretty common problem- you can find many threads on it. Sadly I didn’t check before attempting!
The rubicon rock rails seem to damage the Jeep more that’s why I was asking. I would think it’d be on the dealership to fix since you or a mechanic hadn’t modified the vehicle yet thus a part of the vehicle having a part(possibly not heat treated correctly) that broke off. If it was a aftermarket bolt then ya I could see the dealership saying that it isn’t their problem, plus your Jeep is a 2018. It should still be under warranty. I’ll have to read some “fine print” to verify.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
The rubicon rock rails seem to damage the Jeep more that’s why I was asking. I would think it’d be on the dealership to fix since you or a mechanic hadn’t modified the vehicle yet thus a part of the vehicle having a part(possibly not heat treated correctly) that broke off. If it was a aftermarket bolt then ya I could see the dealership saying that it isn’t their problem, plus your Jeep is a 2018. It should still be under warranty. I’ll have to read some “fine print” to verify.
I agree, it should have been covered, but they claim since we were attempting to put on after market parts it’s our fault. Infuriating actually! According to jeep cares it’s at the dealership’s discretion if they want to cover it. Some have gotten it fixed at the dealer for free, some have paid a good deal to have it fixed.

I didn’t know the Rubicon rails could cause harm...I figured it was better than no rails on my Jeep? They did well on my recent outing, but I only hit them a few times and not super hard. Eventually I’ll buy a set of frame mounted ones (I’m still so frustrated about the body mount bolt situation I don’t even look at ones that connect there!).

Sponsored

EB12

First Name
Elvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Great looking build. I've wanted to do a wrap for a while now but i was never sure if a wrap could be applied to the unpainted hardtop due to the texture. Are you having any peeling issues and is it staying on well? Also how much did they charge you for the wrap and where did you have it done?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Great looking build. I've wanted to do a wrap for a while now but i was never sure if a wrap could be applied to the unpainted hardtop due to the texture. Are you having any peeling issues and is it staying on well? Also how much did they charge you for the wrap and where did you have it done?

Thanks!
Thanks! I’m loving it!
Yes, they were able to wrap the black hardtop no problem. They could not do the bumpers though. I’ve only had it done a few months and it is garage kept...but so far it’s looking good! I haven’t taken the top off yet, since it’s still 106 degrees here, but I will definitely be extra careful with it.

I called around and got different quotes, and I did have them add a strip of the vinyl to the dash, but it cost $2500. I got it done in Tempe, AZ at a place called Pro Vinyl. I wanted this color for so long and am really happy with it! :)

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
So, we tried to put on some slider/steps - Barricade ones, which I was really excited about. Unfortunately, they attach at the body bolt and dh broke the driver side one while trying to get it out. Sooooo frustrating! I know, now, that it’s a pretty common problem but am still upset. Seriously? That red loctite is no joke! So, Extreme Terrain was very gracious and allowed us to return them, and I’m waiting to hear from the dealer if they’ll fix it for me. Sigh. Poor dh, trying to help me out and now he’s all mad.

Here’s the bolt...half still in the Jeep. That loctite seems to come pretty far down the bolt! :mad:

0E43DA51-940C-4CA6-BFAE-4664763D994A.jpeg
Just an update.
It’s been making a creaking sound from the front drivers side, I think it’s the bolt and it was making me nervous.
So today I had my Mobile mechanic work on this bolt. He loosened the others, jacked up the body, welded something to the broken bolt then extracted it, put it all back together (I got a bolt from the dealer for $4.38) and charged me $140 for it. I think that was a great deal! Jeep feels tight, no more creaking sound, and I’m excited and confident to hit the trail this weekend!

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
And another cute little thing I did...I made a little rope ladder for,my toddler to climb up into my Jeep. He LOVES it and it’s really cute to watch him!

FE4A33BE-F957-4509-BA46-991EBF389FA1.jpeg

478B5D26-D446-4529-9A1A-F491A1EB6497.jpeg

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Hello , love your build.
How did your mobile tech loosen the body bolts? Id like to know so i can do mine in a few weeks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Hello , love your build.
How did your mobile tech loosen the body bolts? Id like to know so i can do mine in a few weeks.
He only removed the back 2 using a pneumatic wrench. The front one with the dreaded red loctite, was the broken one.
The highest success I’ve read for removing the front bolt is using a heat induction gun and patiently cranking on it, back and forth when you feel resistance.

Nevermore

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
And another cute little thing I did...I made a little rope ladder for,my toddler to climb up into my Jeep. He LOVES it and it’s really cute to watch him!

FE4A33BE-F957-4509-BA46-991EBF389FA1.jpeg

478B5D26-D446-4529-9A1A-F491A1EB6497.jpeg
Love the rope ladder. I might have to do something similar for my youngest.

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
So we got a few new things for my Jeep...
High lift jack. Dh wanted it to match my Jeep, so he painted the handle aqua to go :). We went with the hood mount for price and convenience.

69D7F6B2-ED4B-4302-B504-802613FAD647.jpeg

4B5D64C6-291E-4335-8996-1444CAD4BEB2.jpeg

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Also got a fire extinguisher and dh painted that too!

209BA37D-94AF-4CC4-B424-5F1A9358EABE.jpeg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I am loving watching how you are building this Jeep, step by step. Well done!
Sponsored