Sponsored

If they killed off the 2 door WWYD?

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
The Boxster arrived late and saved Porsche as a company. But the 911 is still the "Real" Porsche & cooler!!!

Did I make a point? It is a holiday after all :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Cheers to all Jeepers 2 & 4 door :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
It's the internet, man, don't fight it.

Lol anyway yea of course that's just an opinion, but people need to find something to fight over/identify with. Let the 2-door peeps strut their stuff and just nod your head (while you do 100% of the same exact stuff their rigs can do... if they even take it offroad in the first place)

I'll keep offroading while my daughter's hot pink rear-facing car seat sits proudly in my full second row lol (always love seeing the looks from people especially when the top is down)
No way was my comment meant to be confrontational. ( you left off the "hey peace " ) when quoting me. I try not to get too worked up over stuff, as we all stay in the "Hotel California " together. Everyone is driving their jeep down the same cosmic path . Forever ! ;)
Love the visual of your daughter btw.

Last edited:

IV.f

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
I would be okay with an addition or replacement of an access cab variant. Somewhere around 108” wheelbase — but I’m biased I love access cabs

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I would tell Jeep to pi$$ off and just go back to a sports car. No 4 door SUV for me!!!
Agreed. More that two doors and two seats, it’s a grocery getter (my wife and kids all have four doors - they get the groceries.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
I'm 62, just bought a new 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-door. I tend to drive a vehicle till it dies. If this Jeep lasts as long as my Honda CRV did, I'll be 80 by the time I'm looking for another vehicle. Not sure I'll still be around. So I guess this discussion doesn't effect me. ;)

Best,
-Tim

Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
I hope mine does as well but that's asking to much. A Honda will outlast the cockroaches in the apocalypse.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I'm 62, just bought a new 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-door. I tend to drive a vehicle till it dies. If this Jeep lasts as long as my Honda CRV did, I'll be 80 by the time I'm looking for another vehicle. Not sure I'll still be around. So I guess this discussion doesn't effect me. ;)

Best,
-Tim
Well Tim, here’s to hoping you are buying a new 2 dr at age 85. :beer:

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
So if in a few years because of poor sales they just sold the JlU would you get the 4 door or find something else?
Personally I hate the aesthetics and the breakover on the 4 doors that I’d probably do an extended cab ZR2 for like 37k and put 5k$ into a body lift, fenders, armor, 4.56’sand 34’s for a pretty capable rig. I’m tempted now over a JLR for the utility, vinyl floor and cost.
don't like the JKU or JLU, i like a too door. to me, a jeep is two doors, not 4. a grocery getter has 4 doors

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
No way was my comment meant to be confrontational. ( you left off the "hey peace " ) when quoting me. I try not to get worked up over stuff as we all stay in the "Hotel California " together. Everyone is driving their jeep down the same path . Forever ! ;)
Love the visual of your daughter btw.
lol yea no worries

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Agreed. More that two doors and two seats, it’s a grocery getter (my wife and kids all have four doors - they get the groceries.
I get groceries in my 2 door sport with the back seat removed.
Not so much in my two previous Miatas.

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
4 door two seater=huge grocery getter
I get groceries in my 2 door sport with the back seat removed.
Not so much in my two previous Miatas.
4 door 2 seater grocery getter. Slippin the groceries in and out through the back doors makes life a little easier;)
IMG_0696.JPG

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I just got groceries in my 2 door. Back seat flips forward and there’s plenty of room. My teenaged kids actually use the back seat, too. The fun factor makes the inherent inconvenience of crawling back there a non-issue.

When I initially told my wife I was getting a Jeep she said, “The four door, right?” I told her not a chance in hell. It was going to be a 2 door manual no matter what. We briefly argued until I pointed out that we have a friggin’ Yukon XL for hauling people. She told me I was being dumb, but agreed it would be my DD and so I should get what would make me happy. So, I took my dumb ass to the dealership and got what I wanted. Guess who now loves having a 2 door (besides me)? “It’s so much fun to drive! I can park anywhere!” :CWL:

Growing up, having “a Jeep” meant a Wrangler and they only came with 2 doors. Four door Wranglers look odd to me, the same way limos that started out as regular passenger vehicles do. I bet young people feel the opposite, since growing up they see mostly short buses.

Whatever. It’s nice to have the choice.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

4 door two seater=huge grocery getter

4 door 2 seater grocery getter. Slippin the groceries in and out through the back doors makes makes life a little easier;)
IMG_0696.JPG
Very very good point

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I just got groceries in my 2 door. Back seat flips forward and there’s plenty of room. My teenaged kids actually use the back seat, too. The fun factor makes the inherent inconvenience of crawling back there a non-issue.

When I initially told my wife I was getting a Jeep she said, “The four door, right?” I told her not a chance in hell. It was going to be a 2 door manual no matter what. We briefly argued until I pointed out that we have a friggin’ Yukon XL for hauling people. She told me I was being dumb, but agreed it would be my DD and I should get what would make me happy. So, I took my dumb ass to the dealership and got what I wanted. Guess who now loves having a 2 door (besides me)? “It’s so much fun to drive! I can park anywhere!” :CWL:

Growing up, having “a Jeep” meant a Wrangler and they only came with 2 doors. Four door Wranglers look odd to me, the same way limos that started out as regular passenger vehicles do. I bet young people feel the opposite, since growing up they see mostly short buses.

Whatever. It’s nice to have the choice.
We are empty-nesting. Our 2-dr was supposed to be my DD. My wife likes it so much that she stole it from me. I'm now driving her Honda Civic! It's ok though. I'm just glad she likes the Jeep.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
So if in a few years because of poor sales they just sold the JlU would you get the 4 door or find something else?
I'd have to consider the new Ford Bronco...depending on its styling, powertrain, suspension and available options.
Sponsored