ROAM JL Extended Capacity Fuel Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think part of their problem is they grew to fast. They had a huge hit with the sliders and steps and then immediately moved to the next product line when hundreds of people were having rust concerns with their steps and sliders. They are expanding way beyond their capabilities. I thought I read somewhere that their production facility (a third party) was in Wyoming and they're located in Texas. Not sure if this is still the case today though.
I think the HQ is in Wyoming and production is here or R&D is here. None the less growth or not shitty service is not an excuse they could have turned the rust issue into a huge win. Instead they killed their brand.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
probably a case of small company grows fast and is playing catchup on things, unfortunately.

They need an internet sales employee. Answering questions on here can take a ton of time.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
probably a case of small company grows fast and is playing catchup on things, unfortunately.

They need an internet sales employee. Answering questions on here can take a ton of time.
Well they've been playing catchup for a year and a half then.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they would sell their aux fuel tank idea to someone that will produce it, I want one in this lifetime.
I'd like to know the basic stats on it, such as its empty weight compared to the stock fuel tank. Also the price.

I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
Vaporware in the jeep world...

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
That thing looks identical to ROAMS pictures. Unless ROAM has contracted with China to build their products, then Someone in China must be monitoring the forum and beat ROAM to market with their own idea.
I know some suppliers in China

First time I've heard it, ROAM products are actually quite popular among Jeep modding communities there.

timg.jpg

Last edited:

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I know some suppliers in China

First time I've heard it, ROAM products are actually quite popular among Jeep modding communities there.

timg.jpg
I didn't even know they had wranglers in China...

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
FYI the New JL is world wide. you can find them everywhere. that's why recall fixes take a super long time and factory parts are not always available. and they are all built in the same factory in Toledo.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The JK was considered a global vehicle, too, although I think the JL is going further with it into even more markets. I saw a Jeep dealership in South Africa about 6 years ago that had a lot full of new JKs. I was in China in 2008 and saw several Cherokees. I was told the Wrangler was coming to China at the time, but I don't think it was there yet. I also saw a good number of JKs in Costa Rica a few years ago and of course Italy, France, and the UK. Watch Australian Ronny Dahl on Youtube and you'll see his Dad had a JK that I think was an 07 or 08. I know it had the 3.8, so it was at least an early one.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.