What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
What did I do to my jeep? Drove in a straight line for the first time ever.

D252568C-1A7C-4F11-8404-261CF681D422.jpeg
Is that really the way that it is supposed to mount with the reservoir hanging on the bottom? Looks like an easy rock target.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Aaaand Hot Damn it! First 3 body bolts came out, no problem. The 4th despite heating it up with a torch, careful adding force, snap! Broke a body bolt. Rock sliders will have to wait till I address the body bolt.
Pain in the ass

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Is that really the way that it is supposed to mount with the reservoir hanging on the bottom? Looks like an easy rock target.
You can put a relocation bracket on there and get it up inside where it is protected.

I've got the Fox 2.0 and it sits exactly as the stock unit. I wheel pretty hard, but always have good spotters, so I've never bashed it, or the one on my JK, for that matter. I don't have that reservior hanging down, though. If I had that, I'd consider the relocation bracket and get it up out of the way.

You can see mine here if you look closely.
v6M5qYc.jpg

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
and the words are upside down. Seems wrong to me too.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
and the words are upside down. Seems wrong to me too.
Didn't notice that. Maybe backwards? If the reservior is on top, then it would be like stock and would be less vulnerable.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
I never really thought that it would have really mattered how a stabilizer is installed, until the Jeep V41 stabilizer having a sticker with an arrow telling you what way to mount it.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I already moved it. That was the “glamour shot”. Lol

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't notice that. Maybe backwards? If the reservior is on top, then it would be like stock and would be less vulnerable.
It can’t be installed backwards. The shock/reservoir rotates so you can put the reservoir wherever you want it. I took the pic like that so you could see the reservoir better.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Installed the cooltech antenna mount, came in to review how the trim panels are removed to route the cable, and have run out of time for today. Off to Niagara-on-the-Lake for a birthday dinner for my wife. It’s a long weekend, so I suspect the two hour drive will be closer to three.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It can’t be installed backwards. The shock/reservoir rotates so you can put the reservoir wherever you want it. I took the pic like that so you could see the reservoir better.
Ahh, that makes sense. The 2.0 took care of my steering shake, so I'd imagine that one is even much better. Keep us posted on how it performs!

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Swapped out OEM tire carrier for Teraflex Alpha HD tire carrier. More of a PITA than I expected. Camera housing separated from three lug bolts and remained jammed in the carrier. Wrestled it out with pliers and bloody knuckles. Then realized I didn't have a T8 or 1.5mm hex key so I had to push pause and run to Home Depot. This all happening in my driveway while two Florida downpours occurred. Lastly, realized that the 3rd brake light relocation bracket release looks like a mountain bike tire quick release, but it isn't. It takes a hex key as well.

But here's the good news - it's on, the brushed aluminum camera housing and relocated brake light look cleaner and badass in general, it solved the back up sensor errors I was getting when in reverse because of the 35" spare riding too low on stock carrier, and the tire won't rip off the carrier and bounce down the highway ruining somebody's day! Despite the minor hassles and getting drenched, it's well worth it and highly recommended!
IMG_20190830_184642.jpg
IMG_20190830_185334.jpg

flyingmonkey

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD), RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Swapped out OEM tire carrier for Teraflex Alpha HD tire carrier. More of a PITA than I expected. Camera housing separated from three lug bolts and remained jammed in the carrier. Wrestled it out with pliers and bloody knuckles. Then realized I didn't have a T8 or 1.5mm hex key so I had to push pause and run to Home Depot. This all happening in my driveway while two Florida downpours occurred. Lastly, realized that the 3rd brake light relocation bracket release looks like a mountain bike tire quick release, but it isn't. It takes a hex key as well.

But here's the good news - it's on, the brushed aluminum camera housing and relocated brake light look cleaner and badass in general, it solved the back up sensor errors I was getting when in reverse because of the 35" spare riding too low on stock carrier, and the tire won't rip off the carrier and bounce down the highway ruining somebody's day! Despite the minor hassles and getting drenched, it's well worth it and highly recommended!
IMG_20190830_184642.jpg
IMG_20190830_185334.jpg
Looks cool. I dig the wheels.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have quite a few mods that I have installed but never uploaded pictures so I'll do it now.

Installed the Red Rock Attack Stubby front bumper from Extreme Terrain.

It is a pretty straight forward install. The front bumper removal videos on YouTube all leave out multiple steps. There are a million pushpins to remove.

I relocated the wiring harness from wheel well to under the bumper. Better location, out of the elements. I did not cut the additional wire, I was able to wrap it around the fogs and zip tie it. This way if I ever change bumpers again I will not have to solder it back together.

Speaking of fogs, the bumper includes brackets so that the stock fogs can be mounted with no modification.

One interesting note about this bumper is how it bolts up. It has 4 built in bolts, and 4 built in nuts. I have attached a picture.

I also painted the D-Rings red to finish off the Ronald McDonald look.

20190831_105050.jpg

20190831_105149.jpg

20190831_105203.jpg

20190831_105216.jpg

20190831_105224.jpg

20190831_105235.jpg