Sponsored

Anyone running 37s on stock Rubicon wheels?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
not to mention you're probably just going to the mall I guarantee you I bet you anything 100% you not going to go off roading air down your tires like you're supposed to when you go off-roading that tire will come right off that tire. I can't wait to see you try to go off roading and air down that tire you will throw that tire runoff that will if you are down and go OOff-roadin. Probably going to just to the mall and back anyone knows you Offroad you cannot tear down that tire go back 10 psi and try to go off road with a tire that wide on an a wheel like that
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
not to mention you're probably just going to the mall I guarantee you I bet you anything 100% you not going to go off roading air down your tires like you're supposed to when you go off-roading that tire will come right off that tire. I can't wait to see you try to go off roading and air down that tire you will throw that tire runoff that will if you are down and go OOff-roadin. Probably going to just to the mall and back anyone knows you Offroad you cannot tear down that tire go back 10 psi and try to go off road with a tire that wide on an a wheel like that
Actually, off-road they are great like that. It’s called a poor mans beadlock. People have been doing it for years. You’re not going to have a very good contact patch but it’s not coming off that rim. I’m not saying it’s a great way to run it, but it’s not the doom and gloom you’re making it out to be.

JJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
not much
Actually, off-road they are great like that. It’s called a poor mans beadlock. People have been doing it for years. You’re not going to have a very good contact patch but it’s not coming off that rim. I’m not saying it’s a great way to run it, but it’s not the doom and gloom you’re making it out to be.
Run minimum end of the width spec so it protects the rim on the trail isn't new right. I don't bring them down to 5-10psi, but certainly haven't had a problem with 20psi. I probably will get wide wheels at some point but this has been working for a while. Will let you know when the weather is better in Truckee so can test your theory.

TylerR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Running stock wheels with MC 3.5 game changer w/ 6paks and Cooper ST Maxx 37s. Using the synergy spacers. No rubbing so far and no steering issues yet. I am being proactive and swapping out the drag link, tie rod, and stabilizer for steer smarts components including the drag link w/ attenuator and neutral stabilizer with relocation kit.

7CDE4F3D-8E46-4C36-B57A-EF6B39E48703.jpeg

C346C0E2-E1B5-45BC-8716-761E04D386C0.jpeg

Sponsored

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
Wow that's a really wide tire for a narrow wheel they can work yes but it ain't safe but I'm not going to argue with you that's my opinion and BrandsMart that are the tire business for a long time many many years won't even know something like that . And reason why they had people have the tire come off the wheel and disaster has happened you can run it probably be okay but there's been people that happen and that's why I love your tire stores disaster ha attire that why don't we all that narrow there's a reason they won't do it it's not because they don't want your business there's a reason because things have happened that wasn't good in the situation so they won't do it again. Like I said you may be fine but there's been people not over the years and it's just not recommended even though Tire manufacturers will tell you that's not recommended .there's a reason they have a wheel size for their tires when you're looking at tires on there sizing charts all chiropractors will tell you that's not safe to do like I said you can do it it's your get your vehicle to drive and something may never happen and you may be okay. But others have not
Ok. trying to read this made my head hurt. So you are saying that everyone in this thread running 37's on their stock rims is in danger? This is an unsafe thing to do, is that what you are saying? The stock rim is too narrow?

Isidro27

First Name
Isidro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
I just installed a 37 X 13.5 X 17 on my JLUR and it works, on stock wheels and stock height.
Hey bro. You were able to run a 37x13.50r17 on a stock wheel? I’m looking into getting a 12.5 because I thought a 13.5 won’t fit.

Reactions: J0E

jrdn.mrcd

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
54DE4E2E-45EC-4C19-8FD7-2A6DEC63E833.jpeg

37/13.5/r17 Cooper STT Pro’s on stock JL Rubicon wheels. (This Jeep also completed Moab with no tire issues on this exact wheel/tire combo) This wheel/tire combo is far more capable of just going to the MALL..

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
hey. what are you guys running for tire pressure on the road? The "chalk test" gets my pressure down to around 25 PSI, which seems really low. And lost me about 2 MPG on the daily driving. Curious what others are doing. Thanks!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
hey. what are you guys running for tire pressure on the road? The "chalk test" gets my pressure down to around 25 PSI, which seems really low. And lost me about 2 MPG on the daily driving. Curious what others are doing. Thanks!
Say what you want to me I don't care 25 psi on that narrow of a wheel on that wide of a tire wow. Lot of people would never do it there's more people not doing then doing it I can assure you that. lots of people like the stock wheel including myself why do you think so many people just about everyone goes and buys new wheels. Because they hate the stock wheel NO. Or maybe it's not worth the risk say what you want butbut ther not too many people doing it for a reason. But 25 psi I don't run that on a E rated tire if you're running a D

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
Say what you want to me I don't care 25 psi on that narrow of a wheel on that wide of a tire wow. Lot of people would never do it there's more people not doing then doing it I can assure you that. lots of people like the stock wheel including myself why do you think so many people just about everyone goes and buys new wheels. Because they hate the stock wheel NO. Or maybe it's not worth the risk say what you want butbut ther not too many people doing it for a reason. But 25 psi I don't run that on a E rated tire if you're running a D
Grammar much?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Again, your grasp of the subject is tenuous at best. 25 psi with a 37 is not bad at all, whether it's on a 8.5" wide wheel, or a 10" one. The larger the tire, the larger the contact patch, the less psi it needs to safely support the load. The main reason that people buy new wheels is not because of wheel width, as many people replace stock wheels with similar width even. They do it for backspacing. Larger tire need more room, and that means less backspacing than stock. This can be accomplished with wheel spacers, but most people prefer to buy new wheels as a stronger solution to the problem, that also allows them more options.

@Halstem1 that should be fine. If you would like to get some mileage back, you can run a little bit higher pressure, but you may be sacrificing even tire wear.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Again, your grasp of the subject is tenuous at best. 25 psi with a 37 is not bad at all, whether it's on a 8.5" wide wheel, or a 10" one. The larger the tire, the larger the contact patch, the less psi it needs to safely support the load. The main reason that people buy new wheels is not because of wheel width, as many people replace stock wheels with similar width even. They do it for backspacing. Larger tire need more room, and that means less backspacing than stock. This can be accomplished with wheel spacers, but most people prefer to buy new wheels as a stronger solution to the problem, that also allows them more options.

@Halstem1 that should be fine. If you would like to get some mileage back, you can run a little bit higher pressure, but you may be sacrificing even tire wear.
That's why most all year legit good tire stores won't do it. Sure you can find some low rate tire story that will mount them on. Discount tire and NTB and most of the real good places won't do it for liability reasons . They knok they can be sued if it comes off. Because you know if it did first thing most people are going to do is go say well you did it you put it on it must have been safe you told me it was safe. And those bigger companies like that have the money to be sued. Your backyard low rate tire store doesn't care because they're not big enough company to really sue but go on with.Just do it like I said it's your Jeep do it. Even all the tire companies that manufacture tires on their charts they show you what size from and to and it's never on their chart saying that narrow of wheel is ok. I guess they're lying to they don't know anyting they know less then you do. Because if you say it's okay then it must be okay all their research and development and studies doesn't mean nothing to your word and knowledge of just say hey it worked before it must be okay. Whatever dude i'm blocking all notifications on this from now on you know more than they do you must be right.I forgot you spent millions in the research and development like tire manufacturers have. Like I said just do it I don't hear from you anymore i'm done with notifications on this

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Discount will indeed mount them, unless you come across someone completely incompetent. The goofy thing is that what the tire manufacturers recommend differs greatly. Yokohama lists the minimum width for the 37x12.5r17 Geolander M/T G003 as 7.5 inches. While BF Goodrich lists all tire that are a 285 section width as needing minimum width of 8 inches, except for the 285/70R17 found on the Rubicon, which it miraculously believes that 7.5 will be just fine.
Sponsored