Sponsored

Is the plug in hybrid Wrangler coming in MODEL YEAR 2020 (so fall of 2019) or CALENDAR YEAR 2020?

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Is the plug in hybrid Wrangler coming in MODEL YEAR 2020 (so fall of 2019) or CALENDAR YEAR 2020 (so possibly the 2021 model)?
Sponsored

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Can we assume that IF the plug in hybrid is going to be a 2020 model it would likely be unveiled soon?

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
It will be available for the 2020 MY

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
It will be available for the 2020 MY
Are any torque or HP stats available for it? I'm officially on the MY2020 waiting team, and my daily commute is going to be pretty short (oahu) so I'm really interested in this.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
MY 2020 wouldn’t also include late availability which means actually in 2020?

Sponsored

jeffoutwest81

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma now, 2015 JKUHR previously
I'm looking forward to this too... short commute and very interested in electric torque, which I've read on the Pacifica is pretty good.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
Have there been any updates on the plug-in for the 2020 model year? We are far enough along, that I'm wondering if it is being pushed to the 2021 model year, for release in 2020.

We have a 2012 Wrangler Rubi that is getting a bit long in the tooth and I'm trying to plan ahead. The plug-in hybrid would really make a lot of sense for us.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Have there been any updates on the plug-in for the 2020 model year? We are far enough along, that I'm wondering if it is being pushed to the 2021 model year, for release in 2020.

We have a 2012 Wrangler Rubi that is getting a bit long in the tooth and I'm trying to plan ahead. The plug-in hybrid would really make a lot of sense for us.
I've been searching everyday as we are looking for a new car for the wife (I have 2018 JLUR) but we are looking for a PHEV with decent cargo space for her, and nothing good is out yet, the wrangler would be nice... waiting but at this point I'm guessing spring 2020 at earliest, but that's just a guess

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I've been searching everyday as we are looking for a new car for the wife (I have 2018 JLUR) but we are looking for a PHEV with decent cargo space for her, and nothing good is out yet, the wrangler would be nice... waiting but at this point I'm guessing spring 2020 at earliest, but that's just a guess
I am curious about something.....
If the wrangler was able to get 100 miles on a charge would you buy it?

Or, second,

If it could only get (like the Mini Cooper PHEV) roughly 25 miles on a charge, would you still buy it?

Sponsored

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
100? I'd sell mine and get us 2.

20 is the min we are looking for, that way when she can get to work on a charge, plug in and home on a charge. 30-35 would be more the sweet spot imo

Or, second,

If it could only get (like the Mini Cooper PHEV) roughly 25 miles on a charge, would you still buy it?

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
20 would mean a daily driver I only use gas for on weekend trips to off road. I could get to work, charge there, and back without gas.

It would have to be a rubicon and not give up any offroad capability.

It would also have to come out before 2040 which at this point seems unlikely.

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4

Or, second,

i would even prefer 25miles. coz battery is super expensive. the 100mile version will be at least 10k more expensive than the short one. though same gas engine has to be hauled around every day.
further, even you have morethan 25mile commute, whether burn gas or not is only a psychological difference. if you do commute 25mile, probably you will get on highway and the ev efficient reduce and gas efficiency improve, really the gap is just little, dont even mention the 10k battery cost upfront.

boon4376

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 CJ5
I'm holding out for this. I would love ~30 miles of plugin hybrid range. I know they don't seem like competitors, but it's hard for me to decide between a Wrangler and a Tesla. Both are just so much fun to drive (in very different ways). I really do not want another gas guzzler, especially with the uncertainty of fuel prices, and the clear future direction toward EV's.

I also really want to do what I can to reduce how many fossil fuels I use. Where I live 60% of our standard electricity offering is renewable (wind / hydro mainly), and it's increasing every year. 30 miles of EV range would make it so that 90% of my trips were purely on electric power, because I'm usually just driving into town and sitting in traffic. So I'd feel great about a plugin hybrid wrangler.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I would love a range of 50 miles, rural areas see 50 mile round trip as a minimum.
I did see a disturbing article that Registration fees on EVs are starting to be much more than ICE vehicles, the reasoning is that fuel taxes pay for road, infrastructure. Wide use of vehicles that don't need fuels means less money for maintenance, repair. I hope that this trend doesn't make EVs too expensive for the rest of us
Sponsored