Sponsored

So... What if you crack the acoustic laminated windshield?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
State Insurance Laws dictate Windshield Glass Coverage. Example, NY .. No deductible windshield glass coverage. So, It is wise to know exactly, the State Laws in the State your vehicle is insured in. Check with your Insurance Agent/Carrier so you are in the know you have proper coverage in regard to your particular state, before you have windshield damage.

This web page has some info that gives pertinent info on this subject:
http://www.carwindshields.info/no-deductible-windshield-replacement
Sponsored

Last edited:

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I had to replace my windshield on my JK and it was only about $300 for a generic windshield. If you want the little Jeep in the corner it ran closer to $450. My Cherokee had the heated wiper area and was about a grand to replace.

Safelite quotes $799 for soundproof solar antenna Willys logo windshield. $399 for generic equivalent.

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
I just upped my comprehensive coverage to $100 deductible - glad y'all reminded me to do that. Considering the extra $ every 6 months to make if a $50 deductible. I am sure this is going to happen.

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
It continues to spread to this day, oddly enough, in the shape of a penis. No kidding.
Pics or it didn't happen. :cwl::cwl:

Nevermind. Saw it. Damn dirty minded Jeepers.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
I just upped my collision coverage to $100 deductible - glad y'all reminded me to do that. Considering the extra $ every 6 months to make if a $50 deductible. I am sure this is going to happen.
Windshields geting broken due to stones is "Other than Collision", FYI.

Sponsored

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
State Insurance Laws dictate Windshield Glass Coverage. Example, NY .. No deductible windshield glass coverage. So, It is wise to know exactly, the State Laws in the State your vehicle is insured in. Check with your Insurance Agent/Carrier so you are in the know you have proper coverage in regard to your particular state, before you have windshield damage.

This web page has some info that gives pertinent info on this subject:
http://www.carwindshields.info/no-deductible-windshield-replacement
No California so might as well call my insurance and ask once I get my Jeep. Never had that happened but never had a Jeep either lol

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
I have repaired the windshield in my TJ with the windshield repair kit at the auto parts store 6 or 8 times and have had no problems with them.

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't ceramic coating the front windshield or even clear wrapping it help with chips and cracks? I realize nothing, especially glass, is breakproof. I've just read that diamond coating or ceramic coating might help. I'm considering doing just that when the time comes.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
:movember::(

Edit: fixed it to "highlight" the crack.
20180222_102250.jpg
I usually enjoy seeing the innocent child like imagination through people...this time...not so much. Appears you are seeing what you want to see...lol. :giggle:

Also...WTF?!? Bummer on these windshield cracks on new rides. My question is, are yall on some rocky roads or happened by surprise? If there are this many cracked windshields within this small sample size then unfortunately the more aerodynamic windshield still doesn't do much to prevent the issue. Then again Wranglers are still boxes.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't ceramic coating the front windshield or even clear wrapping it help with chips and cracks? I realize nothing, especially glass, is breakproof. I've just read that diamond coating or ceramic coating might help. I'm considering doing just that when the time comes.
There is a product called Diamon-Fusion that's a windshield treatment. It's supposed to make the windshield like 10x more resistant to stones, and repel water like RainX. I think there is an Ultra version as well, but have no idea what the difference is. I don't have any previous experience with either prodcut though, so I can't comment on it's effectiveness or the cost involved.

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
20180222_152034.jpg

Got mine at exactly 400 miles on the odometer. I was going to live with it but it just took a turn toward the top of the windshield. Went to the dealership today and they said they couldn't even get them right now.

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I usually enjoy seeing the innocent child like imagination through people...this time...not so much. Appears you are seeing what you want to see...lol. :giggle:

Also...WTF?!? Bummer on these windshield cracks on new rides. My question is, are yall on some rocky roads or happened by surprise? If there are this many cracked windshields within this small sample size then unfortunately the more aerodynamic windshield still doesn't do much to prevent the issue. Then again Wranglers are still boxes.
I was driving from Knoxville to Jax and got behind a gravel truck a good ways ahead on the interstate but he was bouncing them all over the place. Now I'm out $100 deductible. It should be a law that they put a phone number on the back of their trucks for claims.
Sponsored