Sponsored

What is this (found in the glovebox)?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I had to travel right after purchasing my Rubicon and have not had a chance to go through everything in fine detail. I opened the glove box today to look at the owner's manual and there was a large piece of textured rubber folded inside and simply "sprung out" when I opened the door. It does not seem to fit the glove box and was wondering if anyone can ID it. It is about 1/16" to 3/32" thick, about 6" wide and about 16" long and is textured on both sides:

6KLe1.jpg
Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Cubby hole in the rear storage area.
The image, flipped over, sure looks like the shape of the bottom of the carbo tub.

I had to buy mine, even it is has walls.:)

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/rear-cargo-tub-liner-jeep-wrangler-jl-diesel-engines-82215670ac

Edit: the above appears to be the cargo tub liner for diesel engine JLs.

This is the one for gasoline driver ones:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/rear-cargo-tub-liner-jeep-wrangler-jl-gasoline-engines

I know...engine choice affecting cargo tub....not my first guess either. Thanks @Tech-Dude

Last edited:

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I had to travel right after purchasing my Rubicon and have not had a chance to go through everything in fine detail. I opened the glove box today to look at the owner's manual and there was a large piece of textured rubber folded inside and simply "sprung out" when I opened the door. It does not seem to fit the glove box and was wondering if anyone can ID it. It is about 1/16" to 3/32" thick, about 6" wide and about 16" long and is textured on both sides:

6KLe1.jpg
Funny. I took the same picture and texted it to my sales person the 2nd day I had my Jeep. Not sure why it wasn't just in place.

I also received a bag of short black rubber tubes and some metal pins in a bag. I was told these are for the auxiliary switches if you got the towing package.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also received a bag of short black rubber tubes and some metal pins in a bag. I was told these are for the auxiliary switches if you got the towing package.
I have that bag too. How do they work on the aux switches?

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have that bag too. How do they work on the aux switches?
The aux switches are connected to wires that are bundled up under your passenger side dash and in the engine compartment. If you want to hook up a device to those wires (so that it's controlled by the switch), the metal "pins" are a crimp sleeve to make the electrical connection (called a butt splice), and the tubes are heat shrink tubing that covers up the exposed metal.

Slide the heat shrink over the wire BEFORE crimping the butt splice, then slide the heat shrink over the splice and hit it with hot air from a heat gun, hair dryer, or in a pinch, a lighter.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The aux switches are connected to wires that are bundled up under your passenger side dash and in the engine compartment. If you want to hook up a device to those wires (so that it's controlled by the switch), the metal "pins" are a crimp sleeve to make the electrical connection (called a butt splice), and the tubes are heat shrink tubing that covers up the exposed metal.

Slide the heat shrink over the wire BEFORE crimping the butt splice, then slide the heat shrink over the splice and hit it with hot air from a heat gun, hair dryer, or in a pinch, a lighter.
Thank you @Neanderthalman!

Sponsored

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’ve been trying to post on here, forgive me I’m new to the Jeep community....but I have that and this......what and where does this go??????? When I picked up my new JLUR 3 months ago it was in there and dealership had no idea what it was......Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Jay

7ED5E55F-4128-4E99-B622-DA77B8D0AB56.jpeg

CFE51CE9-6A69-4D54-87E9-6A61DED8276C.jpeg

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
\

Mopar 82215670AC Rear Cargo Tub Liner for 18-19 Jeep Wrangler JL with "Diesel Engines"?

"Note: Only compatible with the Diesel engine applications"

Am I missing something?
Wow Joe. I think that's a good catch on your part. I did not mean to link to one for Diesel Wranglers only, any more than I thought a different engine would affect the cargo tub.

This seems to be the one for gasoline engines. I am a gasoline driven JLU owner.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/rear-cargo-tub-liner-jeep-wrangler-jl-gasoline-engines

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I’ve been trying to post on here, forgive me I’m new to the Jeep community....but I have that and this......what and where does this go??????? When I picked up my new JLUR 3 months ago it was in there and dealership had no idea what it was......Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Jay

7ED5E55F-4128-4E99-B622-DA77B8D0AB56.jpeg

CFE51CE9-6A69-4D54-87E9-6A61DED8276C.jpeg
I think it covers the detector for I believe the adjustable cruise control sensor when you otherwise take the windshield down.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I think it covers the detector for I believe the adjustable cruise control sensor when you otherwise take the windshield down.
That makes sense. I was looking at that earlier as the shape of the sensor on the windshield i
Hmm that’s a possibility.....other words would it be fair to suspect everyone has this lying around in there cabin to use if/when they put windshield down?
Sponsored