DV8 SRJL-03 Sliders

thepriceisright

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR (sold)
Do these require the body bolts to be removed or do they bolt to to the holes on either side of each body bolt?

Mdhadel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Do these require the body bolts to be removed or do they bolt to to the holes on either side of each body bolt?
The forward-most bolt on each side needs to be removed and re-installed to mount the forward bracket. The B and C pillar brackets mount on the smaller body bolts next to the body isolation bolts.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Well I can confirm that the back part of the rock rail is resting on the pinch seam and rusting. I am removing these...ya'll need to check your back seam where the rail is resting up on it. Make sure it's not rusting your pinch seam.

Mdhadel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Well I can confirm that the back part of the rock rail is resting on the pinch seam and rusting. I am removing these...ya'll need to check your back seam where the rail is resting up on it. Make sure it's not rusting your pinch seam.
Mine are as well, even with two washers on the back mounts. It's also still making knocking sounds when I hit bumps in the road. Probably from the pinch seem hitting the rail. I'll add another set of washers and see if it spaces it out enough.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are as well, even with two washers on the back mounts. It's also still making knocking sounds when I hit bumps in the road. Probably from the pinch seem hitting the rail. I'll add another set of washers and see if it spaces it out enough.
I'm gonna take the rails off and fix the rust portion of the pinch seam. I'm then going to grind down the rails on the back where they make contact with the seam to see if I can get them to not rest permanently on the Jeep.
Sponsored