Sponsored

Unwrapped 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU from production plant!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Oh please oh please be true! As someone who's getting an Ursa Minor camper for the JL - I'd love to fold down the windshield while the roof is in place.
Why?
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Probably more air flow / openess, since with a roof-top tent, he can't do anything about opening the top?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I picked the wrong emoji... It wasn't a shaking head no... It was a I want to spill the beans but I can't. You should be happy!!!!
Well, that's the right emoji, but maybe as a design it should be 'shrugging' instead of shaking it's head.

When you posted it I was thinking you were saying 'can't say', but the emoji is obviously confusing.

Sponsored

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Well, that's the right emoji, but maybe as a design it should be 'shrugging' instead of shaking it's head.

When you posted it I was thinking you were saying 'can't say', but the emoji is obviously confusing.
yep that's what I meant. Can't say... The journalist in me wants too. It goes against my grain to have zipped lips.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yep that's what I meant. Can't say... The journalist in me wants too. It goes against my grain to have zipped lips.
Yeah I have a few friend in the industry whom I've met over the years, especially at CES but also during my visits to Toledo, and there's just stuff you can't say.

People respect that if you're not bragging about things making wild claims to stir the pot, and then clam up saying 'insider info'.
I haven't seen that from you, but that reddit post earlier reeks of "I claim this... but I can't say anymore", especially with that conflicting info.

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant there is no bend in the ET renderings. Yes the test mules (who started calling them that btw) have bends.

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I have a few friend in the industry whom I've met over the years, especially at CES but also during my visits to Toledo, and there's just stuff you can't say.

People respect that if you're not bragging about things making wild claims to stir the pot, and then clam up saying 'insider info'.
I haven't seen that from you, but that reddit post earlier reeks of "I claim this... but I can't say anymore", especially with that conflicting info.
I could kick myself about the tour. I wish I would have paid more attention and been more nosey! I was just so overwhelmed by seeing the JK/JKU's on the line (tunnelvision).

But yeah about the conflicting info. From what I understand no one is working in the North Plant. They just got together the team leaders and are training them to be able to train their workers.

I also heard they are ending the production of the JK's early so they can get the JT into production much earlier. Mostly because of the low sales numbers.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I could kick myself about the tour. I wish I would have paid more attention and been more nosey! I was just so overwhelmed by seeing the JK/JKU's on the line (tunnelvision).
You had the choice of getting a good look at the new Jeep Wrangler that only FCA affiliates have seen so far, but chose to watch a JK being built (of which many vids exist on youtube)? :cwl:

Sponsored

Jeep Momma

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You had the choice of getting a good look at the new Jeep Wrangler that only FCA affiliates have seen so far, but chose to watch a JK being built (of which many vids exist on youtube)? :cwl:
I know right!!! Truthfully I didn't have the choice, BUT I didn't push it. However, I am a loyal JKU owner. So they are my first love!

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
It's clearly a sport, and every recent mule has had a hood bump, so it seems pretty clear that hood will be standard. Does anyone have any reason to doubt the new JL will be eligible for tread lightly? I was going to sign up but I'd hate to find out the JL is not eligible.
This generation is going to look so good with every model having such an aggressive hood. I always thought JK hood was characterless and could have used some more styling.

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
This generation is going to look so good with every model having such an aggressive hood. I always thought JK hood was characterless and could have used some more styling.
If this is the standard hood, that also helps justify the $2500 base price increase.
Sponsored