Jlontherocks

First Name
Vlad Chernioglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Hello
Last weekend we did the rubicon trail with a group of buddies. I decided to try the soup bowl on my new 2019 JL Rubicon and did great! Currently have 3.5” game changer metal cloak lift kit with 37” nitto mt tires (they love 8psi on the rocks! Looking forward to another trip soon! Video link below:

1E21C1FF-DCD1-4AE4-885B-C41EECBBCB55.jpeg

5294EDE7-2CC6-4037-BDC9-05CB3BECD313.jpeg

A92E4777-85C6-4F5A-8E2A-C4D7ADD76634.jpeg
Sponsored

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
How do you like your lift? Did you install it yourself? Did you upgrade driveshafts as well? Nice Jeep

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm not cool enough to tell anymore...are those real beadlocks?

OP
OP
Jlontherocks

Jlontherocks

First Name
Vlad Chernioglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you like your lift? Did you install it yourself? Did you upgrade driveshafts as well? Nice Jeep
I like the lift and springs awesome joints it doesn’t make any squeaks or noises and has been through the rubicon 4 times already. I did go with the fox 2.5 shocks however and it makes a difference for sure. I had the metalcloak shocks temporarily as the fox shocks were on back order and had to wait over a month. I did install the lift myself.
Yes I upgraded the front drive shaft to Adams 1350 the rear is still stock.
Thank you!

Sponsored

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
I like the lift and springs awesome joints it doesn’t make any squeaks or noises and has been through the rubicon 4 times already. I did go with the fox 2.5 shocks however and it makes a difference for sure. I had the metalcloak shocks temporarily as the fox shocks were on back order and had to wait over a month. I did install the lift myself.
Yes I upgraded the front drive shaft to Adams 1350 the rear is still stock.
Thank you!
Awesome thanks for the info, I'm leaning towards getting the 2.5 game changer but I wasn't too crazy about their six pack shocks so I was thinking about getting their regular rocksports. I'll have to look into those Fox you have. Thanks again.

Remmy

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2017 F250 6.7, 2018 Expedition
Very Nice....Jeep is nearly identical to my current/future setup even same year and color. Gamechanger in transit right now. I've been running a Skyjacker 2.5 in the meantime with 37 Cooper STT Pros just to get it out on the trails.

I'm very interested in your feedback on the Fox's, Did you lose any stroke/travel vs the Rocksports. Any details on the ride quality exc. I almost pulled the trigger on the same shocks, or possibly the new Falcons depending on the new SP2 just waiting to hear how they work with the MC Springs.

OP
OP
Jlontherocks

Jlontherocks

First Name
Vlad Chernioglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome thanks for the info, I'm leaning towards getting the 2.5 game changer but I wasn't too crazy about their six pack shocks so I was thinking about getting their regular rocksports. I'll have to look into those Fox you have. Thanks again.
I’d go with the 3.5 game changer and just do it right the first time. It’s not too much of a difference in street performance but off road that much more makes all the difference. I ran the rock sports for a month and still have them as back up and they performed great and are very affordable compared to the Fox 2.5” shocks for sure.

OP
OP
Jlontherocks

Jlontherocks

First Name
Vlad Chernioglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very Nice....Jeep is nearly identical to my current/future setup even same year and color. Gamechanger in transit right now. I've been running a Skyjacker 2.5 in the meantime with 37 Cooper STT Pros just to get it out on the trails.

I'm very interested in your feedback on the Fox's, Did you lose any stroke/travel vs the Rocksports. Any details on the ride quality exc. I almost pulled the trigger on the same shocks, or possibly the new Falcons depending on the new SP2 just waiting to hear how they work with the MC Springs.
Thank you! So far I’m loving the JL and so does my wife even though she’s not a Jeep fan (loves her Cayenne GTS and I don’t blame her).

Game changer 3.5” is an awesome bolt on lift. My buddy has the teraflex with 4.5” lift but our Jeeps are almost same ride height. Game changer 3.5” lifts the Jeep perfectly level as other lifts such as teraflex do create a rake with rear being taller than the front.

I actually am running the Fox 2.5” shocks for a 4”-6” lift. I know sounds crazy but the 3.5” metalcloak lift kit is closer to 4.5” of height! Also the Fox 2.5” shocks offer maximum travel compared to any shocks. I used to run long 2.5’s on my JK and had many problems. I AM NOT running metalcloak shock brackets either those aren’t necessary if you go with other shocks.

I did order the six pack shocks at first from metalcloak but then backed out due to too Much maintenance requirements.

Fox has been around for a while and I honestly have been loving them both on street and off road!

Remmy

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2017 F250 6.7, 2018 Expedition
Right on, I did buy the 3.5" can't wait to get it installed and do a true comparison between a budget lift and the full blown setup.

With that said I've been pleasantly surprised with the Skyjacker (and we've put it through the paces) other than Caster/Tracking on the Hwy, but that is to be expected without control arms exc.

Appreciate the feedback, this is my first Jeep so I'm learning fast.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jlontherocks

Jlontherocks

First Name
Vlad Chernioglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right on, I did buy the 3.5" can't wait to get it installed and do a true comparison between a budget lift and the full blown setup.

With that said I've been pleasantly surprised with the Skyjacker (and we've put it through the paces) other than Caster/Tracking on the Hwy, but that is to be expected without control arms exc.

Appreciate the feedback, this is my first Jeep so I'm learning fast.
That’s awesome you’ll be happy you went with that lift!

Yea skyjacker is a great place to start off for sure it definitely is a learning process.

With Jeeps I’ve learned it will never be perfect you’ll always want to upgrade something that’s just how this sport goes lol
My good buddy just order the evo long arm lift kit with the complete coilovers system. I’d love to go that route but I have more than one hobby and investment so it’ll have to wait and in the past three months of owning the Jeep I’ve already spent over 20k in upgrades so need to take a little break and love the way it’s set up currently no complaints.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

At the price point the teraflex shocks are, I’d recommend the fox 2.5s like the op or Radflo 2.5” resi shocks valved for Mc springs.

Brett
Sponsored