Factory Plastic to Steel bumper swap

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - White
It is not the same closure panel. You will need to get the steel closure panel for the steel bumper. The part number for the steel closure panel is 6BU43RXFAB
Do you know what screws to use once you replace the plastic closure panel with the steel closure panel? I ordered the steel panel from Mopar but I doubt it comes with hardware. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
So the plastic piece from my old plastic bumper is the same? That is good news. It looked too skinny for the job. As far as the winch- - - - - $$$ is not what I have right now.
Do you know what screws to use once you replace the plastic closure panel with the steel closure panel? I ordered the steel panel from Mopar but I doubt it comes with hardware. Thanks
same screws used between plastic and steel close out panel

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks brother. I appreciate the info. Would you happen to know what screws to use when swapping the factory LED fogs from the factory plastic bumper to the factory steel bumper. I purchased the required brackets but Im not sure if I can use existing hardware. It’s 2 screws for each bracket.

OP
OP

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks brother. I appreciate the info. Would you happen to know what screws to use when swapping the factory LED fogs from the factory plastic bumper to the factory steel bumper. I purchased the required brackets but Im not sure if I can use existing hardware. It’s 2 screws for each bracket.
I believe screws are same

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hey brother, you said same screws for “close out” panel but I’m talking about the “closure panel” Mopar part # 6BU43RXFAB, which is the long piece that goes between the front bumper and the grill.... I need to know what hardware to use to mount that or if I use the existed hardware from the plastic closure panel that I’m taking off.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey brother, you said same screws for “close out” panel but I’m talking about the “closure panel” Mopar part # 6BU43RXFAB, which is the long piece that goes between the front bumper and the grill.... I need to know what hardware to use to mount that or if I use the existed hardware from the plastic closure panel that I’m taking off.
This panel. Same plastic rivets

image.jpg

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem. It certainly confused me when I switched bumpers
So my closure panel part #6BU43RXFAB came in the mail today. That’s the part you had recommended I get for my steel bumper. However I noticed that it’s a plastic closure panel, not actually steel. Is that correct or did I somehow get the wrong one? I was under the impression the actual panel was made of steel.

OP
OP

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my closure panel part #6BU43RXFAB came in the mail today. That’s the part you had recommended I get for my steel bumper. However I noticed that it’s a plastic closure panel, not actually steel. Is that correct or did I somehow get the wrong one? I was under the impression the actual panel was made of steel.
Plastic is correct. Just different shape

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks brother!
Just wanted to see how this turned out? Did you buy the bumper and skid plate new? If so, did it already include the LED fog lights? Did you need anything else besides this closure panel? Any input would be appreciated. About to make the same swap. I can't find a take off that still has the fog lights. Looking at new part and getting misinformation as to whether includes LED fogs. Also looking at my stock closure panel and reading install instructions, realize I need this closure panel referenced until I install a winch plate and winch down the road.

Thank you!

MIke

OP
OP

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to see how this turned out? Did you buy the bumper and skid plate new? If so, did it already include the LED fog lights? Did you need anything else besides this closure panel? Any input would be appreciated. About to make the same swap. I can't find a take off that still has the fog lights. Looking at new part and getting misinformation as to whether includes LED fogs. Also looking at my stock closure panel and reading install instructions, realize I need this closure panel referenced until I install a winch plate and winch down the road.

Thank you!

MIke
This all depends what the original owner gives you with the sale of the steel bumper. You will need two rivnuts that attach the skid plate to the Jeep. The closure panel is needed, but it’s possible the previous owner included this. I’d be glad to talk you through it all, or check out what you’re looking to buy for problems. PM me if you want

hellayellow

First Name
JOSE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sport
Occupation
TECHNICIAN
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a steel rubicon front bumper with led fog lights, it all bolted up fine (I have a JLU) the led fog light connected to OE harness but now the fogs won’t turn on ? Any of you guys know what the issue is or had the same issue ?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a steel rubicon front bumper with led fog lights, it all bolted up fine (I have a JLU) the led fog light connected to OE harness but now the fogs won’t turn on ? Any of you guys know what the issue is or had the same issue ?
Your jeep was programmed from the factory to run halogens. It needs to be set to LED. I just got a Tazer mini and that is one of the many settings that it gives you access to. Or you could go to a dealer
Sponsored