First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Rancho® Differential covers for the JL are manufactured from high-strength nodular Iron for added axle and internal gear protection. Ribbed external construction for added strength. Off-set over-sized fill plug for increased fluid capacity and easier/quicker filling. Durable red powder-coated finish.
Check with your favorite retailer on cost and make sure to grab a front glide plate too!!

jl_diffcovers_sell.jpg
Sponsored

Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
...Check with your favorite retailer on cost and make sure to grab a front glide plate too!!
Is the front glide plate compatible with this diff cover? Looking at the description of the slider, it says for OEM covers. Can you clarify if both can be used together?

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
@RanchoShocks - No drain plug? I would expect to see one on every aftermarket cover. Is there a reason one was not designed in?

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Remember the front axle has a drain plug at the base (that should be protected by our glide plate ;) )
We also know that many mechanics/DIYers like to pop that cover to inspect the interior.
Lastly, just another possibility of getting hit by a rock.
Thanks Matt

@RanchoShocks - No drain plug? I would expect to see one on every aftermarket cover. Is there a reason one was not designed in?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Remember the front axle has a drain plug at the base (that should be protected by our glide plate ;) ). We also know that many mechanics/DIYers like to pop that cover to inspect the interior. Lastly, just another possibility of getting hit by a rock. Thanks Matt
Matt - are the covers for the 3rd Generation Dana® 44 HD Wide Front Axle and 3rd Generation Dana® 44 HD Wide Rear Axle the same ones as the 2018 JK axles?

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
The JK and JL covers (and axles all around) are a different shape, but neither have a drain plug.
:)

Matt - are the covers for the 3rd Generation Dana® 44 HD Wide Front Axle and 3rd Generation Dana® 44 HD Wide Rear Axle the same ones as the 2018 JK axles?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The JK and JL covers (and axles all around) are a different shape, but neither have a drain plug.
:)
Copy on the no drain plug, I was curious if they were the same cover between the two models. I gather based upon your answer they are not interchangeable.
Sponsored