Buying my first wrangler soon - need some educated input

OP
OP

kwilliford93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger
She’s out of the shop! Thank you everyone for your input. I’m even more in love with it now that it’s lifted a little bit and the new shoes are on it. Kinda had a crappy experience with the dealership at the end but I’m just happy I’m finally reunited with it.

Everyone, say hello to Katniss Jeeperdeen :CWL::LOL::clap::involve::turkey:

7898E66A-4245-4E68-A846-CFD0CB38C202.jpeg
Sponsored

Norton300

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
She’s out of the shop! Thank you everyone for your input. I’m even more in love with it now that it’s lifted a little bit and the new shoes are on it. Kinda had a crappy experience with the dealership at the end but I’m just happy I’m finally reunited with it.

Everyone, say hello to Katniss Jeeperdeen :CWL::LOL::clap::involve::turkey:

7898E66A-4245-4E68-A846-CFD0CB38C202.jpeg
Congrats. She looks awesome!

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
What you see is a JLUR too wide to pass through a recent rock fall on Schofield Pass. What you don't see is this is an uphill approach with a 100 foot sheer drop off behind me, standing on the rock. The boulder field in the sunny part of the photo is some distance away due to telephoto effect. There is a significant gap and drop off to the left hidden beyond the obstacle. Driver is somewhat experienced, but nevertheless managed to side slip (failing to engage his lockers in time) his rear tire to the left while attempting to go over the rocks leaving a back up tolerance of barely 4 inches for maneuvering before slipping away backwards into the void. Choices: 1)wait for someone to come along from above to pull him forward, 2)back down to a turnaround in Devil's Punchbowl which is extremely dangerous even without his worsened position; despite succeeding with that, a five hour alternative detour will be required to complete our destination only 40 minutes away. Alas, he is wheeling a Rubicon and I'm there to help him with what he can't see because he is penned in the Jeep from both rocks. Here's what happened: With my direction he carefully backed the 4 inches toward the cliff. This allowed him to turn his front to the left to be able to sidewall over the boulder on his right, using the 4 inches he had remaining from behind. Then as the left rear tire was wedged against the rock, he straightened his now free front tires, engaged all lockers and popped over the left rock without touching his Jeep. This would not be possible in a Sahara.

Jeep Wrangler JL Buying my first wrangler soon - need some educated input Oops, Too wide!

Last edited:
Reactions: VNT

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
A Rubicon is literally a safe bet.
Sponsored