Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
OK, so, a lot of people are talking about having removed the rear seat from their 2 door JL. That was certainly my first move, and I have no intention of ever putting it back. I posted it as a giveaway over a month ago, with so responses. Does anyone know any rational use for them? I hate storing stuff I know I'll never use...and no, I cant use it as a sofa. Our house is an 1893 Craftsman, and it just wouldnt blend.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Give it to your parrots? In a treehouse?:like:
Craigslist?
Honestly, I'm surprised no one has grabbed it yet for a third row.

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Give it to your parrots? In a treehouse?:like:
Craigslist?
Honestly, I'm surprised no one has grabbed it yet for a third row.
The parrots would reduce it to the steel frame overnight. I'm way too old for treehouses. It's still up for grabs if anybody wants it for anything.

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If I made custom mounting brackets would it work as a 3rd row seat in my JLUR?

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I've thought of making it a seat in the house, but yeah it would go with nothing. There isn't room for a bench in the garage either.

This is a good question. I'm not likely to give up the Jeep so no reason to keep it for the next owner?

Dang... not I'll have another thing on Craigslist with no takers. lol

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
OK, so, a lot of people are talking about having removed the rear seat from their 2 door JL. That was certainly my first move, and I have no intention of ever putting it back. I posted it as a giveaway over a month ago, with so responses. Does anyone know any rational use for them? I hate storing stuff I know I'll never use...and no, I cant use it as a sofa. Our house is an 1893 Craftsman, and it just wouldnt blend.
You need to keep those seats. When it comes time to trade your jeep , you will be glad you have them !

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I've done the same... removed never to be used, but I'm hanging onto it in the event I ever decide to sell my JL.
I think the wise move would be to hold onto it. Play dominoes on it... chess... make it a conversation piece.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
You need to keep those seats. When it comes time to trade your jeep , you will be glad you have them !
I've know a few that traded in Jeeps with no back seats and the dealer never asked about them. I'm assuming most 2 door owners really have no need for the back seats anyway? The JL is mine. If I need more room for grandkids, etc, I have a JKU for that:like:

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Wisdom. However, given my current age and the life expectancy of this Jeep, I doubt I'll ever be in that position. This is the first vehicle I've bought since 1996. I dont trade, I use them up.

OP
OP
Mikeoso

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
If I made custom mounting brackets would it work as a 3rd row seat in my JLUR?
I expect it would, and would only need a couple of square U-bolts, it looks like. Yours if you want it, but you'd have to come fetch it. :)

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of bottles of thunderbird, some 80’s rock ballads and a blonde sweetheart named Katie with daddy issues....That’s what they’re for. (I’m tearing up a little but guys, sorry)

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I expect it would, and would only need a couple of square U-bolts, it looks like. Yours if you want it, but you'd have to come fetch it. :)
Wish I was closer!!!!
Sponsored