Accutune with fox 2.5 factory shocks review

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Man @Moto_21 why you have to dangle the carrot like this haha! Thank you for the feedback on the setup. I’m saving up for the purchase in a few months. Im still between the accutune fox 2.5 setup you did vs just going Evo with king 2.5s. It is enticing though to have accutune maximize the valving to pair them with their eibach coils.

I’m basically looking for similar outcomes that you achieved, being able to drive fast on rocky fire roads without being jarred around. The Dynatrac lift is a definite improvement over stock but I have a feeling your accutune fox 2.5s blow it away for this purpose.
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Alright so I was able to test out the new suspension pretty good this weekend at the local mountains. Did some high speed stuff and slower rock crawling. All I can say is these shocks paired with Accutunes set up blows me away with how I thought my jeep could ride.

Before hitting the trails I turned up the low speed compression to about 5. These new fox shocks have a high and a low speed for adjusting. The low speed controls body roll and G-outs. The fire roads I was able to maintain a pretty good amount of speed 30+ most of the time through the bumps and dips. Having the hydros in the front is a huge bonus. It soaks stuff and keeps the body planted and no harsh bottoming.

Over the slow stuff having 1” bumpstops all around really helps the articulation. The shocks and springs do a nice job of soaking up ledges and drops and those unexpected bigger than anticipated rocks. Compared to the mc I had flex is pretty much the same. Shocks are same size, but running 1” smaller bumpstops really helps.

Overall this set up has improved my ride quality by about 100% id say. If you dont offroad much or do much faster desert style stuff this is probably an overkill set up. On road performance and handling is absolutely fantastic it feels just like stock with a ton more control. Offroad, is where it shines. I had so much fun this weekend getting a feel for the shocks. Fireroad bombing is a blast now and to make it better its buttery smooth. Want to drink coffee and haul ass down a dirt road? Go right ahead. If youre on the fence with these shocks. Do it they are wonderful. If you are able, get them tuned to your springs as well, whether its accutune or somewhere else. The ride is phenomenal.

D3BE420C-2F5A-489F-A2E8-0A29A8CDE4FE.jpeg

FEED9F12-19F7-4CD1-806A-D137403428EB.jpeg

5ED46527-9ABA-4031-87E6-C31BA8ABE3A2.jpeg

48671780-AD89-4AC4-B521-97DE2EFB5507.jpeg

35891D6D-D0BA-4A06-AF20-FCE7C07AC7BD.jpeg

I just installed my fox 2.5’s with 3.5/4.5 RK xfactor lift. Taking it off road today and will report back.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Man @Moto_21 why you have to dangle the carrot like this haha! Thank you for the feedback on the setup. I’m saving up for the purchase in a few months. Im still between the accutune fox 2.5 setup you did vs just going Evo with king 2.5s. It is enticing though to have accutune maximize the valving to pair them with their eibach coils.

I’m basically looking for similar outcomes that you achieved, being able to drive fast on rocky fire roads without being jarred around. The Dynatrac lift is a definite improvement over stock but I have a feeling your accutune fox 2.5s blow it away for this purpose.
I think the evo and kings would be right there with it too, i dont know if they valve them themselves or send it out, but i would imagine it would be pretty damn good as well! I think evo has a softer rate spring too i believe. I havent rode in one so i cant say for sure though. Cant go wrong with kings though!

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Glad I stumbled on this thread.
Nice review and your jeep looks great.

I am actually looking at the doing the whole Accutune lift myself, with the same Fox shocks, but on 37 or 38's with KMC beads and 4.75" BS.
Looking at the measurements someone else did, looks like on a Rubicon it will net 2.5" front and 1.5" rear.

Do you know if the springs are corner specific? I know on the Currie kit they are but I am not sure these are the same springs, looks like the rest of the lift kit is Currie though, which I like.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

I am actually looking at the doing the whole Accutune lift myself, with the same Fox shocks, but on 37 or 38's with KMC beads and 4.75" BS.
Looking at the measurements someone else did, looks like on a Rubicon it will net 2.5" front and 1.5" rear.

Do you know if the springs are corner specific? I know on the Currie kit they are but I am not sure these are the same springs, looks like the rest of the lift kit is Currie though, which I like.
I dont believe they are corner specific but im not 100% sure, they hooked me up with the install and tuning. Usually i do my own stuff but this time i cant tell you unfortunatly. Their shop rigs have 37s and it looks great. Ill be swapping to 37s when my 35s are toast. The rig is level, all the other lifts i had were a tad higher in the rear. So with a ton of weight in the back it will probably sit a little lower. Just so you know.

Sponsored

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Thanks, appreciate that.
I just got off the phone with them, and they are indeed not corner specific, and they do use their own springs made for them.
I talked about the Fox 2.5's you got a bit, and he said for off road, hard to beat them for our uses and similar to their coils. On road, they are a bit stiffer, at least with 35's.

I think when he gets back to me with the quote, I will be buying his last in stock pair of the Fox 2.5 DSC's.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, appreciate that.
I just got off the phone with them, and they are indeed not corner specific, and they do use their own springs made for them.
I talked about the Fox 2.5's you got a bit, and he said for off road, hard to beat them for our uses and similar to their coils. On road, they are a bit stiffer, at least with 35's.

I think when he gets back to me with the quote, I will be buying his last in stock pair of the Fox 2.5 DSC's.
The stiffness onroad is subjective i think. Its way way smoother onroad than my metalcloak with the rocksports and the rk with falcons. You wont be dissapointed

Dzwart06

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The stiffness onroad is subjective i think. Its way way smoother onroad than my metalcloak with the rocksports and the rk with falcons. You wont be dissapointed

I just bought my first jeep. 2019 JLUR, and only moderately experienced at offloading when I built up a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero sport. I did alot of modifications to it, with alot of parts either I customized, or ordered from all over the globe.

With this jeep I love how good it is out the door, body roll is minimal yet the suspension handles small stuff on the road like it is not there. I love the dual rate suspension. But I miss the clearance of my Mitsu. So I have a couple of questions.

1st When you say smoother on the road then stock you mean it handles small stuff and pot holes even easier, and still maintains minimum amounts of body roll? Or do you mean smoother as it feels like your floating and not attached to the road? I am looking at going to 35s or 37s max, was leaning towards 35s with a 2.5" lift. I do a fair amount of off roading, fire roads, to mild rock crawling. And I love tearing down logging roads in the winter with like 2+ feet of untouched snow. I know my OME lift on the mitsu handled hidden rocks and stumps in the mud and snow greatly. But it was rough as hell on the road. It handled like it was on rails with no body roll. But felt every rock the same whether it was a pebble or a boulder. Lol

So would a set up like yours be good for my daily rides to work, alot of twists and turns, and some higher speeds and hold control, yet ride over stuff smoother than stock JLUR suspension?

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought my first jeep. 2019 JLUR, and only moderately experienced at offloading when I built up a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero sport. I did alot of modifications to it, with alot of parts either I customized, or ordered from all over the globe.

With this jeep I love how good it is out the door, body roll is minimal yet the suspension handles small stuff on the road like it is not there. I love the dual rate suspension. But I miss the clearance of my Mitsu. So I have a couple of questions.

1st When you say smoother on the road then stock you mean it handles small stuff and pot holes even easier, and still maintains minimum amounts of body roll? Or do you mean smoother as it feels like your floating and not attached to the road? I am looking at going to 35s or 37s max, was leaning towards 35s with a 2.5" lift. I do a fair amount of off roading, fire roads, to mild rock crawling. And I love tearing down logging roads in the winter with like 2+ feet of untouched snow. I know my OME lift on the mitsu handled hidden rocks and stumps in the mud and snow greatly. But it was rough as hell on the road. It handled like it was on rails with no body roll. But felt every rock the same whether it was a pebble or a boulder. Lol

So would a set up like yours be good for my daily rides to work, alot of twists and turns, and some higher speeds and hold control, yet ride over stuff smoother than stock JLUR suspension?
I commute 60+ Miles a day on some sections the freeway has pretty good bumps in it, some sharp edges and big dips. It is better than stock because the body feels more planted and way more controlled over everything. Softness over really abrupt bumps is pretty much the same as stock, doesnt feel like the hit is as hard initially and there is no left over bounce or hard return or anything, even on big rolling dips the body is just planted.

Taking it up windy mountain roads it has the same amount of body roll as stock, but can be adjusted even firmer with the adjusters. I have mine turned up a bit, it hugs corners and holds line really well, it is confident inspiring with speed on corners and being able to carry more speed down rougher terrain is where it shines.

So the way its tuned with the adjusters open is easily comparable to your stock ride currently plus now you have the option to fine tune it to suit all your needs. Controlling body roll and g-outs with one adjuster and high speed whoop type hits with another. Hopefully this helps a bit

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
yet ride over stuff smoother than stock JLUR suspension?
The smoother than stock is subjective. To me its smoother because its more controlled. My cousins stock rubicon and mine feel exactly the same hitting the same sharp edge bump, but mine has no after effects or sway or body roll, it just hits and keeps straight. Some people want that cadillac type suspension that you just arent going to get with a jeep. Ive had trucks and stiff suspension my whole life so to me this is a cadillac

Sponsored

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

They are not corner specific. The backs share the same part #s & so do the fronts. I actually had about a 3/4” lean on the passenger side. I also had a slight rake backwards. I used some daystar spacers to correct that. I put a 1-1/2” spacer on my passenger rear, 3/4” spacer on my driver rear, & a 3/4” spacer on my passenger front. So basically I corrected the 3/4” lean on my passengers side, then raised the rear 3/4” to level it out. I am a 2.0T, Sky One Touch JLU Rubicon...so idk if the 3.6L will be different in terms of lean/rake.

I have the accutune Stage 1 2.5” lift w/all steersmarts steering components & swaybar end links on 37x12.50x17s...it rides amazing. I have their Fox shocks with RR & LSC adjusters set on the lowest setting. 2.0T, Sky One Touch, JLU Rubicon with Motobilt Bumpers & RSE Slider Steps (to give you an idea of my weight). I love it & wouldn’t consider any other setup after this. It’s primarily a commuter/grocery getter.

Last edited:

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
They are not corner specific. The backs share the same part #s & so do the fronts. I actually had about a 3/4” lean on the passenger side. I also had a slight rake backwards. I used some daystar spacers to correct that. I put a 1-1/2” spacer on my passenger rear, 3/4” spacer on my driver rear, & a 3/4” spacer on my passenger front. So basically I corrected the 3/4” lean on my passengers side, then raised the rear 3/4” to level it out. I am a 2.0T, Sky One Touch JLU Rubicon...so idk if the 3.6L will be different in terms of lean/rake.

I have the accutune Stage 1 2.5” lift w/all steersmarts steering components & swaybar end links on 37x12.50x17s...it rides amazing. I have their Fox shocks with RR & LSC adjusters set on the lowest setting. 2.0T, Sky One Touch, JLU Rubicon with Motobilt Bumpers & RSE Slider Steps (to give you an idea of my weight). I love it & wouldn’t consider any other setup after this. It’s primarily a commuter/grocery getter.
Thanks for your feedback.
I wonder if others in this thread also saw that much lean? Was that on a full tank of gas?
Also not expecting the rear to be lower, but rather leveled out.
I was already thinking of doing a .5" coil spacer in the rear.
I bought there stage 4 kit with the fox 2.5 DSC's like the OP.

My only other concern is I have KMC machete wheels with 3.5" BS.
Want to do 38's, but not sure about the rocker clearance. May just play it safe and do 37's..

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your feedback.
I wonder if others in this thread also saw that much lean? Was that on a full tank of gas?
Also not expecting the rear to be lower, but rather leveled out.
I was already thinking of doing a .5" coil spacer in the rear.
I bought there stage 4 kit with the fox 2.5 DSC's like the OP.

My only other concern is I have KMC machete wheels with 3.5" BS.
Want to do 38's, but not sure about the rocker clearance. May just play it safe and do 37's..
Yeah im not sure why he has so much lean i measured mine today im leveled out, with a full tank of gas the passenger rear measures slightly lower. Not even noticable looking at it

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
It was a noticeable lean on both a full tank & low tank of gas. I can’t remember how much was in the tank when my installer measured, but there was a full 3/4” lean on the passenger side & I was constantly getting flashed due to my headlights facing upwards from the rake. This was also before I had the Motobilt bumpers on & just stock Rubi bumpers.

With those spacers now, I’m leveled out.

Accutune seemed puzzled when I called saying I had a lean. I have over 1500 miles on the lift now & everything rides fine..no issues at all, so it wasn’t an install issue & my installer knows his shit...plus I’ve had it back there like 5 times since installing miscellaneous things on it, so he would’ve caught something by now.

Also, to note, I had a 2.5” RC spacer lift before & that definitely sat a tad higher than the Accutune lift. It was also level side to side without any additional parts & had a slight rake to the front.

Anybody else with a 2.0T setup has this? If so, I’d like to know if they had a lean. Like I said, it’s a ‘19 JLU Rubicon with Sky One Touch, (had stock plastic bumpers), stock alpine sub on passenger side, fully loaded minus the steel bumpers basically. Idk if there’s more weight on the passenger side of a 2.0T...but if the springs were “bad” I think I would have noticed by now in the ride quality. Spacers fixed it & I’m happy.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I can't imagine though what would be so heavy to cause a lean like that on a 2.0L, plus the rear have sag too.
I have heard of mis-aligned sway bar ends doing this, but if your installer says it's good...
At any rate, seems you have all fixed up now and your happy.

I'll report back in a few weeks on mine when it's installed.
Sponsored