Installed BedTred today

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I installed my bedtred last week. The studs for the front floor mat snaps are not removable from the floor pan. So bedtred told me to let the stud protrude through the bedtred. That way I can still use the factory floor mats. I decided to just push the studs through and screw the snaps back onto the threads. It looks pretty clean.
20190606_191837.jpg

I also decided to cut out around the 2-door sub woofer in the rear...
20190606_191824.jpg

Only issue I have is that the factory "All weather" floor mats have an integrated drain plug. And it is not staying in place. The anchor snaps work fine, but the drain plug sits up half in/half out of the floor pan opening, so I'm gonna have to figure out how to remedy that.

Best part is no more picking dog hair out of carpet with tweezers.

Some day, I'll probably pull the whole thing out and bullet liner the whole interior. But for now, this is a really nice setup.
Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
So you can’t utilize the factory drain plugs with this set up?

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
So you can’t utilize the factory drain plugs with this set up?
Yes, you can. I just am having problems with the factory all weather floor mats. The way they work is that you pull the factory rubber plug out of the floor pan and insert the in-built plug in the floor mat into the floor pan. Then install the factory rubber plug into the opening in the floor mat:

FloorMat1.jpg
FloorMat.jpg

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Yes, you can. I just am having problems with the factory all weather floor mats. The way they work is that you pull the factory rubber plug out of the floor pan and insert the in-built plug in the floor mat into the floor pan. Then install the factory rubber plug into the opening in the floor mat:

FloorMat1.jpg
FloorMat.jpg
Thanks. I have those mats and understand that. I was asking about the BedTred.

Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Thanks. I have those mats and understand that. I was asking about the BedTred.
IIRC, the plug locations are cut out, but still in the bedtred. You can pop them out. And even if they aren't pre cut, you can still cut the bed tread where the plugs are. Or just reach in under the bedtred.

ArmyJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own a JLURubicon
Occupation
Retired US Army
I loved the BedRug in my F150 Supercrew...I sent them an email and asked them why they don't cover the carpet on the back of the rear seat of the JLUR and if the Cargo Liner kit fits the Alpine upgrade with Subwoofer. Unfortunately the picture on their website has a JL (2 door) which doesn't help either. BTW no response from BedRug...

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
"BedRug" is the carpet material, "BedTred" is the rubber type material, this thread concerns the BedTred , which are you actually referring to ?

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
Any difference in the road noise or insulation factor? Better or worse as compared to the stock carpet?

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any difference in the road noise or insulation factor? Better or worse as compared to the stock carpet?
I didn’t notice any difference

Sponsored

Warpath2018

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Rubi Firecracker Red
I loved the BedRug in my F150 Supercrew...I sent them an email and asked them why they don't cover the carpet on the back of the rear seat of the JLUR and if the Cargo Liner kit fits the Alpine upgrade with Subwoofer. Unfortunately the picture on their website has a JL (2 door) which doesn't help either. BTW no response from BedRug...
I have the subwoofer and would like to know how they addressed it. Any answer from them?

ArmyJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own a JLURubicon
Occupation
Retired US Army

Warpath2018

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks nice, but I have tried solutions with another brand where it is a cover that tape on. Does not last with the two Huskies I have. My plan was to get replacement sides and then the Mopar rear mat. There is just too much fur everywhere! However, let me know what your thoughts are on it. I need all the alternatives I can get!

No I am very disappointed with Bed Rug...they never responded to several requests...I finally ordered the item below...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32969623908.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7bc54c4dWWnqN3

Warpath2018

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed BedTred today!
The instructions weren't the greatest but it is fairly straight forward. I did have to cut a couple holes on each side in the front so that my floor mats would click in.

IMG_6663.JPG
IMG_6667.JPG

This one looks a bit wrinkly but hopefully it will even out over time.
IMG_6668.JPG

No idea what the plastic strip is for. lol. I didn't need it because I have a custom lock box in the back that gets bolted down.
IMG_6674.JPG
IMG_6676.JPG

My custom 6" tall lock box covers most of the rear cargo floor.
IMG_6679.JPG
I see you have a subwoofer, did you have to cut that side for it to fit properly?
Sponsored