Sponsored

Rained all on the inside of my Jeep :-(

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
If you think it still has moisture, go get some DampRid - that stuff is pretty awesome. I used to use it in my boat's cabin and it took away all the mustiness ;)
Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Sell the carpet once it is dry lol, use the money to line the tub...it will happen again, the choice is yours whether you want to pull the carpet again, or never deal with it again :)

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
My JL has been rained in 3 times now.. Pull the carpet out, don't do it the half-ass way with a fan and air dry. That's when you can get mold issues. The carpets come out in 10 minutes max... and another 10 minuted to put them in, it really is simple. When I took mine out, I lay them in the driveway and sun dry. Car smells like new and no issues at all, nor any issues with the electronics.

Reactions: TMP

JeepersKreepers

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Thankfully very little water got on the dash and instrument cluster. I was able to blot that up no problem last night. Drive it a lot today to get air flowing through to help dry up everything. All the electronics still work perfectly. I think jus cuz very little got in there though. Otherwise I could see things getting screwed up and shorting out.
If it happens to get wet again i got a new cluster from instrument cluster store, they had a bunch for like half the price that my dealership offered me.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
If it happens to get wet again i got a new cluster from instrument cluster store, they had a bunch for like half the price that my dealership offered me.
Mind sharing this info, just in case:giggle:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Thanks everyone! Yep carpets are out and drying in the sun. I’ll put back in tomorrow. How do I use the damprid on the leather seats?

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Last night it rained so bad and I forgot to put my Jeep in the garage. Top was down and I had an inch I mean an inch of water in the floor. I pulled the drain plugs and drained to the water. Got all the water out of the soft top. Used up every towel in the house to soak up everything in the carpet. Of course I dried instrument dash board cluster immediately. Overnight I put a fan in there to help it air dry too. I’m getting ready to take it to church so it’ll get some hot sun on it for drying too. Top down again of course to get more wind. Is there anything I need to do to help dry and prevent any further damage? Any advice is much appreciated. I know I’m stupid and now I’m worried it’s gonna smell like musty carpet when it’s all said and done. My wife was a sweet heart and helped me soak up the water. Probably did a better job than I did as all I did was panic and yell for 20 min. Unreal I’m so beside myself and upset.

If you have a dehumidifier and an outside outlet in your driveway, throw the dehumidifier in the back and let it run over night. Your Jeep will be bone dry in the morning, ask me how i know...

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
Last night it rained so bad and I forgot to put my Jeep in the garage. Top was down and I had an inch I mean an inch of water in the floor. I pulled the drain plugs and drained to the water. Got all the water out of the soft top. Used up every towel in the house to soak up everything in the carpet. Of course I dried instrument dash board cluster immediately. Overnight I put a fan in there to help it air dry too. I’m getting ready to take it to church so it’ll get some hot sun on it for drying too. Top down again of course to get more wind. Is there anything I need to do to help dry and prevent any further damage? Any advice is much appreciated. I know I’m stupid and now I’m worried it’s gonna smell like musty carpet when it’s all said and done. My wife was a sweet heart and helped me soak up the water. Probably did a better job than I did as all I did was panic and yell for 20 min. Unreal I’m so beside myself and upset.
It will be fine. I've been caught in torrential rain several times. This is a right-of-passage. To reiterate the advice from others on this chain, pull the carpet and vacuum the water out of it with a wet-vac, then let dry in the sun. Jeep makes these vehicles to absorb a lot worse than clean clear water. Think in terms of mud. Wipe the tub out.

The wind and sun while the Wrangler is "naked" are your allies and friends.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you use a dehumidifier you will not have to pull the carpets, happened in my JK about a half dozen times. No weird smells. On top of that I think it dries out stuff you cannot get to. Like the inside of your dash.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
It has happened three times to me. Your jeep has drain wholes, make sure to locate them and take the plugs out. Remove the carpet, it is extremely easy to remove, I am not sure why people here are saying it isn't easy. Don't risk getting them moldy, simply remove them and let them dry and you will be 100% fine. If you don't want to remove them, remove the drain plugs and take the top off, but I truly recommend removing the carpet. It might take you 10~20 minutes the first time, but it will probably happen again and once you learn how to remove the carpet it is a 5 minute process.

Sponsored

shmpls

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, BMW M4
Sell the carpet once it is dry lol, use the money to line the tub...it will happen again, the choice is yours whether you want to pull the carpet again, or never deal with it again :)
I was going to ask who has pulled the carpet and used a bedliner. Seems like the only reason to have the carpet is to reduce noise and provide a little insulation. Then you end up putting all-weather rubber mats on top of that to protect the carpet. Why not just skip both and put some rubberized spray line in? Who has done this and has pics and a recommendation of which product to use?

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I was going to ask who has pulled the carpet and used a bedliner. Seems like the only reason to have the carpet is to reduce noise and provide a little insulation. Then you end up putting all-weather rubber mats on top of that to protect the carpet. Why not just skip both and put some rubberized spray line in? Who has done this and has pics and a recommendation of which product to use?
Only issue you need to be careful of when doing the liner, I've heard of cheap installs that leave certain cracks and things exposed in the floor, between the tub and the liner. Then the water can get between the liner and the tub and cause corrosion and other problems. You want to make sure you have an experienced person do the install.

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
If you use a dehumidifier you will not have to pull the carpets, happened in my JK about a half dozen times. No weird smells. On top of that I think it dries out stuff you cannot get to. Like the inside of your dash.
Great tip!

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase