Sponsored

JL accessories to avoid at ALL costs (post your warnings here)

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They redesigned them awhile back and now don't have this issue. I have the updated ones on the jeep and done the garden hose test and no issues front and rear.
How did you perform the garden hose test? I just installed these last week...
Sponsored

Waterloo

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray Sahara, 2006 Honda Pilot Silver
Vehicle Showcase
(Ok serious answer. I wondered the same thing... I assume you blast the bottom of the doors with a garden hose and see if the interior sill gets wet.)

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
Close all doors, open roof, thread garden hose into Jeep through roof, fill Jeep with water.

If it holds water and does not leak, you're fine.

;)
:giggle:

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I

I was not aware of that sub. Thank you
x2. Years ago I followed a web page (long before Reddit/Twitter/Instagram) dedicated to shaming lowered 4x4's, and this Reddit link is hours of entertainment

And no matter how I try I can't understand angry eyes, but it's your vehicle, so whatever....

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
(Ok serious answer. I wondered the same thing... I assume you blast the bottom of the doors with a garden hose and see if the interior sill gets wet.)
Yes, put a rag along door sill inside closed door and blast bottom of door with garden hose.

open door and see if water made it inside and where

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
x2. Years ago I followed a web page (long before Reddit/Twitter/Instagram) dedicated to shaming lowered 4x4's, and this Reddit link is hours of entertainment

And no matter how I try I can't understand angry eyes, but it's your vehicle, so whatever....
Believe me, I don't have anything negative to say to other jeep owners, except those dudes that keep complaining that X doesn't deserve to have a Wrangler because they don't use it "how it's meant to be used" or whatever lol. Screw those people.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They redesigned them awhile back and now don't have this issue. I have the updated ones on the jeep and done the garden hose test and no issues front and rear.
So I ordered mine last week and installed in the same week. Are you saying they shipped me an old version. They were actually on backorder for 2 months.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Even though I got them worked out and installed in the end, the Mopar splashguards were surprisingly the most frustrating install I've had of any accessory - more frustrating than installing a new soft top, front bumper, etc. Sounds ridiculous, I know, and maybe I just needed more practice with rivets and a rivet gun, but holy cow - I snapped so many of those little plastic Mopar rivets, went through two rivet guns lol

Installed my LoD front bumper with no issues in a few hours. Mopar front splashguards? Days of cursing.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
This is an odd one as I know many who really like the Mopar lift kit; particularly considering many dealers will install them and give you no-hassle full warranty coverage.
Odd? How many people have had numerous issues with the kit? The springs bow and rub, the lower control arms don't properly adjust the caster, they do nothing at all to correct the axle alignment with track bars or brackets. It is incredibly overpriced compared to the competition. I stand by my statement.

STG01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
I just got mine less than a month ago and have the issue! Can see light coming in by gasket. A joke.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So I ordered mine last week and installed in the same week. Are you saying they shipped me an old version. They were actually on backorder for 2 months.
Test them and see...... The fix was supposedly about 2 months ago.

Mine do not leak and obviously do not show light.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Warn D-Ring Mount
They are made for the Rubicon bumper, but work with either the steel or plastic bumper. But they do require cutting the bumper, and the skid pan too if you have that. The outer 2 of 5 front bolt holes for the skid pan need to be cut out. There's a thread on this where its been successfully done. Alternative is the Maximus 3 tow loops, which also require cutting, but doesn't need the bolt holes cut out....and the instructions are really good.
Sponsored