First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
Pull the carpets and plugs. Super easy. it's the insulation on the bottom of the carpet that needs to dry. AZ air dried mine in a few hours.
Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I have a stupid question, as I live in FL and am bound to have the same thing happen eventually. After the carpet gets soaked and dries (which would probably take until winter down here), is there any shrinkage?

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Ok front carpet and back seat carpet is out and air drying in the sun. All the drain plugs are out too. Took back seat out too for ease of drying. Didn’t bother with the rear fender carpet as that stayed pretty dry. Honestly I did a pretty good job soaking most of the water up with towels. 90% was dry. Only part that needed to dry out were the pieces that go under the plastic. Jeep is out in the sun with top down and doors open. Hope I can get the carpet back under the plastic pieces.....seemed like it was under there in parts really tight.

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
No concerns about the radio and instrument clusters? So they not get wet from regular rain?

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
No concerns about the radio and instrument clusters? So they not get wet from regular rain?
You should be they are not sealed.

A common part that would get damaged on the JK would be the clock spring that is behind the steering wheel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Thankfully very little water got on the dash and instrument cluster. I was able to blot that up no problem last night. Drive it a lot today to get air flowing through to help dry up everything. All the electronics still work perfectly. I think jus cuz very little got in there though. Otherwise I could see things getting screwed up and shorting out.

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
No but that’s looks sweet! I might end up getting this if the carpet doesn’t go back in smoothly!
A lot of my TJ friends have this and swear by it. If I had kept my TJ, I would have gotten the BedRug. That, or LineX the inside of the tub:like:

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of my TJ friends have this and swear by it. If I had kept my TJ, I would have gotten the BedRug. That, or LineX the inside of the tub:like:
Awesome thank you for letting me know about this sweet product!

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Awesome thank you for letting me know about this sweet product!
If you decide to get it, be sure to post some awesome pics:like: From what I'm told, it's really sweet. You can remove them and shake dirt, mud, snow, anything out of them. Especially nice if you have little ones who like to make messes. I'm taking about dogs. We all know children never make messes in the back seats:facepalm:

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you decide to get it, be sure to post some awesome pics:like: From what I'm told, it's really sweet. You can remove them and shake dirt, mud, snow, anything out of them. Especially nice if you have little ones who like to make messes. I'm taking about dogs. We all know children never make messes in the back seats:facepalm:
For sure! Yep exactly for my little Boston Terrier!

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dove it to work today with top down to keep airing everything out. My leather seats still feel damp. Not enough to leave a mark on my pants but I def feel moisture. Will my leather seats be ruined or stinky? Got it sitting in the sun now in the parking lot so hopefully that’ll help. Has fan blowing on the front seat all night too. Water must’ve gotten in through the stitching.

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for providing status updates! Please keep them coming, I'm curious about how the installation of the carpet will go and how the leather will hold up. I would think on the leather you'll want to put a conditioner on it as soon as possible. Seems to me that wet leather drying in the sun would be a risk.
For sure I’ll keep updating. Yeah the leather itself isn’t went it feels like inside the seat maybe the cushion is a little damp.

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
For sure I’ll keep updating. Yeah the leather itself isn’t went it feels like inside the seat maybe the cushion is a little damp.
It's technically P-leather, so it hopefully should not wrinkle and shrink like real leather does. But definitely get it dry as best you can.
Sponsored