Sponsored

JL accessories to avoid at ALL costs (post your warnings here)

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So I haven't even had my JLU a month and already I have ordered and installed several accessories that are pure crap. Starting this thread so that we can help others avoid these pitfalls. Don't think for one minute that if you are ordering from a reputable outlet, that you are purchasing a quality product. The only way to combat this is to post your bad product experiences. Hey Admins can we make this thread a sticky.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
First up..... Quadratech Door Entry Guards for the JL & JLU. Yup they cause a visible gap between door sill and closure. So they will definitely allow water to get in when driving in the rain. Water means mildew. Who wants mildew in their less than 1yr old vehicle. They are also difficult to remove without removing your paint wit them, so just don't buy them. OVOID AT ALL COSTS.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...AjCfvMX53epuLjjeCb-WJtK6M-5freUMaAtT6EALw_wcB

Nomars

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2004 TJ
Amazon rear black dog cargo net for 149. This was not made for a tj jeep although it says it does. I bought it in winter so by time summer came around, i could not return or get a refund. I made it work with zip ties tho and looks ok.

Nomars

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2004 TJ
Black diamond body moldings for tj. They look like metal online but actually plastic. Make sure u call if not described to be metal as site just omitted that info.

- hood locks for tj that use key lock at the hood sides are no good they break after a year and hood flutters. A 10 dolllar hood lock at the front lever worked best and super inexpensive.

Waterloo

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray Sahara, 2006 Honda Pilot Silver
Vehicle Showcase
First up..... Quadratech Door Entry Guards for the JL & JLU. Yup they cause a visible gap between door sill and closure. So they will definitely allow water to get in when driving in the rain. Water means mildew. Who wants mildew in their less than 1yr old vehicle. They are also difficult to remove without removing your paint wit them, so just don't buy them. OVOID AT ALL COSTS.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...AjCfvMX53epuLjjeCb-WJtK6M-5freUMaAtT6EALw_wcB
Oh no.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Black diamond body moldings for tj. They look like metal online but actually plastic. Make sure u call if not described to be metal as site just omitted that info.

- hood locks for tj that use key lock at the hood sides are no good they break after a year and hood flutters. A 10 dolllar hood lock at the front lever worked best and super inexpensive.
TJ ?? Do you have Forum Confusion ?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

They redesigned them awhile back and now don't have this issue. I have the updated ones on the jeep and done the garden hose test and no issues front and rear.

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So far everything I have added or done to the Rubicon, has been ok, it is just sometimes I rushmy decisions and now have spent more than I should have if I had really thought it out first.
Example I was buying 35" tires, thought I would mount them on my stock rims, found out a week before I had them mounted and my teraflex lift installed that the lift would not really work with the stock rims unless I used spacers, at first I ,was like that is ok for now, then after more thinking I decided against the spacers and with even less thought had the tires mounted on so cheaper wheels with the needed backspacing, thinking that will be fine for now, not leaving well enough alone I really did not like the wheels that much, thought about beadlocks, decided I did not want the weight of the beadlocks so then changed to the Method trail series wheels which I love. So my point is I have now spent time and money on mounting and unmounting tires and now have two sets of wheels I do not want. To make things worse I am about to do the same with my front bumper. Think the stuff out really well before you pull the plug and waste time and money on things you really are not sure about or just do not work

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
They redesigned them awhile back and now don't have this issue. I have the updated ones on the jeep and done the garden hose test and no issues front and rear.
I'm not sure which version I have, but I ordered them early on when they were still on backorder. Pretty sure it was November/December when I got them. Can't say I've had an issue with them yet. Other than if I sometimes don't lift my feet high enough they drag on them here and there. They don't fall off though that's for sure

Sponsored

Waterloo

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray Sahara, 2006 Honda Pilot Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, good, idea, thanks. I'll give this a try. I just bought mine so maybe they're ok.