Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray, 2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to post a little information for anyone out there just wanting to level their jeep.
I was really wanting to keep the suspension stock which is part of the reason I wanted a Rubicon in the first place.
I was ok with the factory rake it had, but after installing the warn winch plate and smittybilt x20 10k winch, the rake was more pronounced.
I went with the 3/4" Daystar polyurethane leveling kit. I just installed it Wednesday and wanted to get out and drive it before commenting on it.

It was an easy install, and has given just the right amount of lift to get rid of the rake. Steering and suspension have not changed and I am happy with the outcome.
20190811_124915.jpg
20190811_130554.jpg
20190811_120414.jpg
20190811_120357.jpg
Sponsored

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
GTK, have been thinking about adding winch and bumper to our stock rig. Now I know there is a good solution to compensate for the added weight.

OP
OP
Sting Ray Rubi

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
GTK, have been thinking about adding winch and bumper to our stock rig. Now I know there is a good solution to compensate for the added weight.
I couldn't find any information on just a leveling kit for the front. Most people are doing bigger lifts. So I just wanted to let others know what I found to work. Hope it can be helpful.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Exactly what I need to hear! I have the warn winch plate, warn zeon 10s, and just added the maximus 3 class hoop, so I think the droop is now just about 1 inch. How was the install?? Thanks for the review @Sting Ray Rubi

OP
OP
Sting Ray Rubi

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what I need to hear! I have the warn winch plate, warn zeon 10s, and just added the maximus 3 class hoop, so I think the droop is now just about 1 inch. How was the install?? Thanks for the review @Sting Ray Rubi
Install was fairly simple. Put the front on jack stands, take the wheels off, undo the sway bar , take the bolt out of the bottom shock mount,. I don't know that I needed too, but I also took the brake line bracket off of the lca, and loosened up the wires for the diff. Lowered the axle down and put the spacers in.
When I measured the front to back I needed about 1". I went with the 3/4" anyways and it worked out well.

Sponsored

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Install was fairly simple. Put the front on jack stands, take the wheels off, undo the sway bar , take the bolt out of the bottom shock mount,. I don't know that I needed too, but I also took the brake line bracket off of the lca, and loosened up the wires for the diff. Lowered the axle down and put the spacers in.
When I measured the front to back I needed about 1". I went with the 3/4" anyways and it worked out well.

Just installed today! Looking good, after all that weight turned out I had a lot of droop. Now I'm back up! It was quite noticeable as soon as I finished the install.

I agree, it probably wasn't needed but I unplugged the harness for the FAD and the front locker. Even at full droop there was always room. Probably needed to unplug the mounts and the plugs if you had a 2 or 3 inch lift but I'm otherwise stock. I also undid the track bar but I also don't know if it was needed. It was a pain to tighten back because of the awkward location. The torque spec is 54 lb ft and then 115 deg additional turn.....

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a07.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a12.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a0a.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to post a little information for anyone out there just wanting to level their jeep.
I was really wanting to keep the suspension stock which is part of the reason I wanted a Rubicon in the first place.
I was ok with the factory rake it had, but after installing the warn winch plate and smittybilt x20 10k winch, the rake was more pronounced.
I went with the 3/4" Daystar polyurethane leveling kit. I just installed it Wednesday and wanted to get out and drive it before commenting on it.

It was an easy install, and has given just the right amount of lift to get rid of the rake. Steering and suspension have not changed and I am happy with the outcome.
20190811_124915.jpg
20190811_130554.jpg
20190811_120414.jpg
20190811_120357.jpg
Nice Jeep. I wanted to use my Stock wheels since new so I went with BFG KO2's 33's with the Tearflex 1.5 spacer Kit. The Front is 2.0 inches to take Factory Rake away and 1.5 rear. Gives clearance for tires and off road more.

Do you know what the Bumper and Winch combine weight is? I am looking at adding a Barricade Trail Force HD Bumper w/ LED Lights & Winch Combo. Its Synthetic rope, not Steel. My front 2.0-inch lift I don't think will lose it's level much.

Jeep 2019 2.jpg

2019 Jeep JLU Sahara  Lifted 33's now..jpg

OP
OP
Sting Ray Rubi

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Jeep. I wanted to use my Stock wheels since new so I went with BFG KO2's 33's with the Tearflex 1.5 spacer Kit. The Front is 2.0 inches to take Factory Rake away and 1.5 rear. Gives clearance for tires and off road more.

Do you know what the Bumper and Winch combine weight is? I am looking at adding a Barricade Trail Force HD Bumper w/ LED Lights & Winch Combo. Its Synthetic rope, not Steel. My front 2.0-inch lift I don't think will lose it's level much.

Jeep 2019 2.jpg

2019 Jeep JLU Sahara  Lifted 33's now..jpg
I had the stock steel bumper so that doesn't come into the equation for me, but the winch plate is about 68lbs and the winch is about another 68lbs. Plus I have the bull bar and a 12" light bar. I would guess close to 150lbs for my setup.

jimquill

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JLU
I have a Sport S with 33's and I have a little over 1-1/2" rake from back to front. Anyone know what size "puck" should use to level? 1-1/2"?

jimquill

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JLU
I measured the pinch weld on each side and my rake is 1-1/2" back to front on the passenger side, and 3/4" back to front on the drivers side. Any suggestions on how to get the Jeep level? Do i have to put different spacer lifts on all 4 springs? Sounds like ill be chasing my tail if I try that

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This afternoon I installed the front half of a Daystar 3/4 lift. Debating on doing the rear or not but probably will. Similar results to the OP (our Jeeps are damn near twins) and what I was shooting for. I have no plans for larger than 35s and doing this just about keeps the tire to fender gap the same.

Jeep Wrangler JL Daystar Leveling kit review 20210226_201124
Jeep Wrangler JL Daystar Leveling kit review 20210226_200931
Jeep Wrangler JL Daystar Leveling kit review 20210226_200913

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I went ahead and put in the rear spacers this afternoon.
Jeep Wrangler JL Daystar Leveling kit review 20210227_171627
Jeep Wrangler JL Daystar Leveling kit review 20210227_171642

mhass302

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; 2019 VW Atlas; 1988 Ford Mustang GT
This afternoon I installed the front half of a Daystar 3/4 lift. Debating on doing the rear or not but probably will. Similar results to the OP (our Jeeps are damn near twins) and what I was shooting for. I have no plans for larger than 35s and doing this just about keeps the tire to fender gap the same.
Hey Bryce, couple questions:
- did you also do the longer Mopar LCAs?
- which order did you install the spacers (isolator on top or spacer on top -saw some varying posts)
- which engine do you have?
- was your JLUR configured for a hard top from the factory?

I have a JLUR, 2.0T, Soft Top only and I think it sits fairly level right now. I'd like to add 35x11.5r17 Toyo AT3s on my stock rubi rims and I'd like to gain back some of the wheel gap I'd be losing. I have no plans for heavy bumpers/armor or a winch so I figured the 0.75" will get me there.

Thanks,

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Bryce, couple questions:
- did you also do the longer Mopar LCAs?
- which order did you install the spacers (isolator on top or spacer on top -saw some varying posts)
- which engine do you have?
- was your JLUR configured for a hard top from the factory?

I have a JLUR, 2.0T, Soft Top only and I think it sits fairly level right now. I'd like to add 35x11.5r17 Toyo AT3s on my stock rubi rims and I'd like to gain back some of the wheel gap I'd be losing. I have no plans for heavy bumpers/armor or a winch so I figured the 0.75" will get me there.

Thanks,
I did not use the longer LCAs. Just reused the ones I had.
The spacers went on top of the isolaters per the instructions that came with the kit.
3.6 v6 with Auto transmision. Not the e-Torque.
Mine is a factory soft top with steel bumpers.

With the winch, its slightly lower in the front.

I'm still running 285/70R17 and planning on 35s or 315/70R17s

20210404_165759.jpg

mhass302

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; 2019 VW Atlas; 1988 Ford Mustang GT
I did not use the longer LCAs. Just reused the ones I had.
The spacers went on top of the isolaters per the instructions that came with the kit.
3.6 v6 with Auto transmision. Not the e-Torque.
Mine is a factory soft top with steel bumpers.

With the winch, its slightly lower in the front.

I'm still running 285/70R17 and planning on 35s or 315/70R17s
awesome, thanks for the response... Iā€™m back and forth on the LCAs because I thought they were included in the MOPAR 2.5ā€ lift and, if the rubiā€™s are already 1-1.5ā€ over a ā€˜stockā€™ Sport/Sport S/Sahara and I add a 0.75ā€ spacer, I would be approaching that height and throwing the geometry out...

BTW - love the rims
Sponsored