www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
After "wrangling" (no pun intended) with the notion for a few months now, I pulled the trigger on a 2019 Rubicon last night—aptly nicknamed “The Grinch” and kicked my 2018 AMG GLC43 to the curb in the process. I also argued with myself for an equal amount of time over the powertrain (2.0T vs. 3.6L) and in the end, I chose the 3.6L (note that availability of options also played a role in this). The choice between the two engines essentially came down to:

1. 48v battery pack to electronically spool the 2.0 turbo--currently $1000ish to replace when (not if) replacement is needed and there have already been reports of replacements.
2. 2.0T is a direct injection engine versus multi-port injection on the V6. DI is harder on the oil due to fuel dilution and there is typically carbon build-up on the intake valves after some thousands of miles.
3. Potential long-term maintenance and costs on a turbo-charged engine and additional complexity of 2.0T cooling system.
4. The need for premium fuel on the 2.0T vs. 87 for the 3.6L (not a deal breaker, but something to consider)

Options include:

Mojito! Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
Black Interior Color
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
Body-Color Fender Flares
All-Weather Floor Mats

3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine w/ESSCold Weather Group
8-Speed Automatic Transmission
Dana 44 locking front/rear axles with 4.10 gear ratio
LT285/70R17C BSW Mud-Terrain Tires
17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Black Wheels

LED Lighting Group
Customer Preferred Package 24R
Black Freedom Top® 3-Piece Hard Top
Jeep® Active Safety Group
Steel Bumper Group
Trailer Tow Group w/ HD Electrical and 4 Aux Switches
8.4-Inch Radio and Alpine Premium Audio Group
Jeep Trail Rated Kit
Adaptive Cruise Control/Forward Collision Warning+
Hard Top Headliner
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

Here are a few dealer photos:

rGaHP.jpg

rG7UB.jpg

rGcR1.jpg

rGlOF.jpg

rG0Dg.jpg

rGExa.jpg

rGGWJ.jpg

rGMiv.jpg

rGWfR.jpg

rGXlp.jpg

rGhUN.jpg

rGwJI.jpg

rGNRt.jpg

rGOOX.jpg

rGebn.jpg

rGvxs.jpg

rG8WG.jpg

rGSsf.jpg

rGgf4.jpg

rGr0l.jpg

rG4g2.jpg

rGPJS.jpg

rGi57.jpg
Congrats!
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
ooooohhh...Now I want!

Or is this one of those things where it's 25% cheaper and 50% better if you don't buy it from Mopar?
Well, it's $195 ($175 invoice) if you buy it with your vehicle, $205 from Quadratec, $80 on eBay, or you could just throw a recovery strap, a couple of D-rings and a pair of gloves in a small duffel for about $50. Your call.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Nice rig, man, enjoy!

One questions:

Is this a thing, or just some BS marketing stuff referencing things that you are getting like lockers and offroad pages and stuff? Or do you actually get some sort of kit like recovery gear or something? Maybe a silly question, sorry...
I was not sure what it was either until I checked the cargo area. There is a nice Warn duffle bag with towing straps and the like inside. I have not unpacked all of it yet, but it appears to be a good towing strap.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Have fun! Only thing I would have done different would have been black fender flairs and the other wheel option... but its not my jeep...lol
Thanks--the combination of options that I wanted limited my choices on a 2019, and I like the body color fenders, but had to have the black top. I am not sold on the wheels either, there were other ones that I liked better--but I guess when the tires wear it will be a good excuse to go shopping. :LOL:

Aranimus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Congrats! A great vehicle, impossible not to enjoy. Btw, one of the fun things about being a new Jeep owner is you notice and appreciate all the other Jeeps on the highway. The older ones are particularly cool, especially when it's clear the owners have taken great care of them! (ps. When traveling I notice most Jeeps are 4-door... all good, but I had no idea I would be in the minority with a 2-door :) )

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
After "wrangling" (no pun intended) with the notion for a few months now, I pulled the trigger on a 2019 Rubicon last night—aptly nicknamed “The Grinch” and kicked my 2018 AMG GLC43 to the curb in the process. I also argued with myself for an equal amount of time over the powertrain (2.0T vs. 3.6L) and in the end, I chose the 3.6L (note that availability of options also played a role in this). The choice between the two engines essentially came down to:

1. 48v battery pack to electronically spool the 2.0 turbo--currently $1000ish to replace when (not if) replacement is needed and there have already been reports of replacements.
2. 2.0T is a direct injection engine versus multi-port injection on the V6. DI is harder on the oil due to fuel dilution and there is typically carbon build-up on the intake valves after some thousands of miles.
3. Potential long-term maintenance and costs on a turbo-charged engine and additional complexity of 2.0T cooling system.
4. The need for premium fuel on the 2.0T vs. 87 for the 3.6L (not a deal breaker, but something to consider)

Options include:

Black Interior Color
Body-Color Fender Flares
All-Weather Floor Mats

LED Lighting Group
Steel Bumper Group
Jeep Trail Rated Kit
Hard Top Headliner

rGaHP.jpg

rG7UB.jpg

rGcR1.jpg

rGlOF.jpg

rG0Dg.jpg

rGExa.jpg

rGGWJ.jpg

rGMiv.jpg

rGWfR.jpg

rGXlp.jpg

rGhUN.jpg

rGwJI.jpg

rGNRt.jpg

rGOOX.jpg

rGebn.jpg

rGvxs.jpg

rG8WG.jpg

rGSsf.jpg

rGgf4.jpg

rGr0l.jpg

rG4g2.jpg

rGPJS.jpg

rGi57.jpg
Beautiful! I went with Ocean Blue, but Mojito was a very strong contender. Love that color!

Congrats!

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Love that color! Love my Granite too, but every time I see a bright color I second guess. Enjoy!

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR

Options include:

Black Interior Color
Body-Color Fender Flares
All-Weather Floor Mats

LED Lighting Group
Steel Bumper Group
Jeep Trail Rated Kit
Hard Top Headliner

rGaHP.jpg

rG7UB.jpg

rGcR1.jpg

rGlOF.jpg

rG0Dg.jpg

rGExa.jpg

rGGWJ.jpg

rGMiv.jpg

rGWfR.jpg

rGXlp.jpg

rGhUN.jpg

rGwJI.jpg

rGNRt.jpg

rGOOX.jpg

rGebn.jpg

rGvxs.jpg

rG8WG.jpg

rGSsf.jpg

rGgf4.jpg

rGr0l.jpg

rG4g2.jpg

rGPJS.jpg

rGi57.jpg
Congrats on the fantastic new Jeep. As a fellow bold color owner (mine is HellaYella) I commend your paint choice. One word on the 3.6L gas choice. It will run on 87, but it is a very high compression engine and in my experience with it, it seems to benefit from more octane - seems to pull a bit stronger, rise off idle under load better and lug the overly tall 6th gear better. Mine will run ok on 87, but I worry about it knocking and cutting power. To be safe, I have been running mine on 93 (or 91 when I can find it). The electronics can do a lot, but high compression is high compression.

Sponsored

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Congrats on the fantastic new Jeep. As a fellow bold color owner (mine is HellaYella) I commend your paint choice. One word on the 3.6L gas choice. It will run on 87, but it is a very high compression engine and in my experience with it, it seems to benefit from more octane - seems to pull a bit stronger, rise off idle under load better and lug the overly tall 6th gear better. Mine will run ok on 87, but I worry about it knocking and cutting power. To be safe, I have been running mine on 93 (or 91 when I can find it). The electronics can do a lot, but high compression is high compression.
I think I'm noticing this also!

Norton300

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Gorgeous Jeep. I replaced my C7 with a JLUR in May. Haven't regretted it once.

Good luck. Looks awesome!

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone,

Many thanks for the kind words and warm welcome. I am looking forward to learning and contributing to the forums.
Sponsored