Sponsored

Spyder LED Tail Lights

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
I just received these brand new Spyder JL LED Tail lights. Spyder sells them exclusively through BRP https://brpautodesigns.com/
They're currently on sale for $299 with free shipping, which is a smokin' deal if you ask me.

The install was super easy, took all of 15 minutes. All you do is remove the tail light then remove the bracket by undoing three screws and swap the bracket over to the new lights and reinstall. The lights shipped immediately and were packaged very well in that heat shaped form fitting foam. The lights have all the correct tabs to line them up. They worked first time, no fuss, no hyperflash, etc.

Here's a few pics. There's a video of them on the Spyder Facebook page. Let me know if anyone has any questions.
IMG_4712.jpg
IMG_4713.jpg
Sponsored

Krimzin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangle Sport S Unlimited, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2018 Corvette Grand Sport.
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the new lights. Not my personal style but everyone has their own tastes.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Would be a better look if the LED chips weren't so visible (IMO).
I'm sure my chinese LED tails would look pretty shaky under the cover, but the smoked finish does a nice job of keeping it a secret lol.

FWIW I have Spyder DRLs on my Infiniti and have performed flawlessly for 8 years, so I would think those LED tails will perform very well for a long time :)

And agree w/ Krimzin, Kudos for trying the latest LED options for the JL!

Last edited:

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
How long did it take for them to ship the lights after your purchase?

It's been two days and I haven't heard anything.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Definitely a unique approach, looks cool!

Sponsored

OP
OP
VA72mlibu

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
How long did it take for them to ship the lights after your purchase?

It's been two days and I haven't heard anything.
They shipped almost immediately, but didn’t tell me. When I emailed customer support, they sent a tracking number that showed the lights almost to my house.

PapaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
I just received these brand new Spyder JL LED Tail lights. Spyder sells them exclusively through BRP https://brpautodesigns.com/
They're currently on sale for $299 with free shipping, which is a smokin' deal if you ask me.

The install was super easy, took all of 15 minutes. All you do is remove the tail light then remove the bracket by undoing three screws and swap the bracket over to the new lights and reinstall. The lights shipped immediately and were packaged very well in that heat shaped form fitting foam. The lights have all the correct tabs to line them up. They worked first time, no fuss, no hyperflash, etc.

Here's a few pics. There's a video of them on the Spyder Facebook page. Let me know if anyone has any questions.
IMG_4712.jpg
IMG_4713.jpg
Can you post pics with them lit up at night? Curious how the various parts look.

OP
OP
VA72mlibu

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you post pics with them lit up at night? Curious how the various parts look.
Hey Joe, sorry for the delay. I'm away on business this week, so I'll post pics when I get home. Have you seen the videos on Spyder's Facebook page?

PapaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
Hey Joe, sorry for the delay. I'm away on business this week, so I'll post pics when I get home. Have you seen the videos on Spyder's Facebook page?
I haven't yet, but I’ll check it out. Still would like to see “real” photos too— thanks!

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Cool, I would have to either spray them with night shade or tint them somehow, did they sell a smoked version?

OP
OP
VA72mlibu

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool, I would have to either spray them with night shade or tint them somehow, did they sell a smoked version?
Yup, smoked is a no cost option.

BRP330

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Hi everyone. Here is the link of a video we just made of the new Spyder LED Sequential tail lights for the new JL. This will show you how easy it is to install them and how they look close up. Hopefully this helps answer some of your question. If you like the look and would like to order a pair, you can do so at https://brpautodesigns.com/

Last edited:

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
Hi everyone. Here is the link of a video we just made of the new Spyder LED Sequential tail lights for the new JL. This will show you how easy it is to install them and how they look close up. Hopefully this helps answer some of your question. If you like the look and would like to order a pair, you can do so at https://brpautodesigns.com/

When are you going to come up with a fix for the housing ? Both my lights are loose, the 3 screws only go in about half way.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine installed today, just cut off about 1/4 of an inch on each screw, they went in perfectly. I used a pair of 9 inch side cutters to cut the screws.

just make sure to double check the connector, my driver’s side was not working at first, tightened up the connector and it worked fine. May want to check it before you reassemble.
28049998-E773-4077-9418-3289A7DD6CF5.jpeg

BB17B49E-7C3B-47CB-80AE-C434E01E8633.jpeg
E4A761B9-F924-4E32-9AD5-C55CD2313535.jpeg
7C4558A7-D232-47D8-A194-36E5C5778853.jpeg
D0889BB3-9664-47D0-81BB-EE5CE70609CC.jpeg
Sponsored