Twistbeard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara "Nebula"
Hey All,

I'm between the Gobi and soon to be released Garvin racks for my soft top. It looks like they're going to be very close in cost once released.

I'm told that the Garvin rack will be ready to ship sometime in August. I've also heard that the Gobi rack has super long lead times - they say 12-16 weeks.

Given the cost will be about the same it comes down to quality and time. I have a few trips on the horizon that a rack and two rooftop boxes will make life much easier and wouldn't want to be stuck having paid for something that's still being built...

Those who have Gobi racks, was it worth the wait? How long did you wait for your rack?

Thanks!
I ordered mine Feb 2019 and received July 2019. IMO it was worth the wait hands down. Solid as hell, doesn't move, wiggle, flex, nothing and I think it's the most aesthetically pleasing compared to the competitors... Function first and it definitely checks that box, looks second and it also checks that box so it's win/win for me. I personally don't like the look of the garvin, but i'm sure it functions properly.
Sponsored

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I did around and in the hole and haven’t had a leak in 2 thunder storms and 3 car washes. I used heavy duty industrial silicone from Home Depot.
Thanks. I rewatched the video and it looks like they are applying the sealant to the edge and the hole.

Jtizzle

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 cj5,2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Hey All,

I'm between the Gobi and soon to be released Garvin racks for my soft top. It looks like they're going to be very close in cost once released.

I'm told that the Garvin rack will be ready to ship sometime in August. I've also heard that the Gobi rack has super long lead times - they say 12-16 weeks.

Given the cost will be about the same it comes down to quality and time. I have a few trips on the horizon that a rack and two rooftop boxes will make life much easier and wouldn't want to be stuck having paid for something that's still being built...

Those who have Gobi racks, was it worth the wait? How long did you wait for your rack?

Thanks!
I went with the Rhino rack for its lower profile and I love it. That said, I had a Gobi rack on My FJ Cruiser for years and it was amazing. I would have bought one again hands down and waited if I wasn't trying to stay as low profile as possible. I think they look awesome too, love the idea of soft and hard top both working with the rack, and I have not seen any other rack come close to the build quality. I know it's a long wait, but I would say if you wait for it you'll be glad you did.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
This is the Australian product used in the video. I guess I am going to stick with what I bought.

639B29EE-648B-456A-ABE6-50A197381C7C.jpeg

wlayne13

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRDOR
I went with the Rhino rack for its lower profile and I love it. That said, I had a Gobi rack on My FJ Cruiser for years and it was amazing. I would have bought one again hands down and waited if I wasn't trying to stay as low profile as possible. I think they look awesome too, love the idea of soft and hard top both working with the rack, and I have not seen any other rack come close to the build quality. I know it's a long wait, but I would say if you wait for it you'll be glad you did.
How’s the wind noise on the rhino rack?

Sponsored

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Anyone have any reviews on the Warrior Platform Roof Rack system?

CaptainJLU

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
It is solid. I am actually selling it now because I went with a bestop soft top.

You aren't too far out from me. If you wanted to buy it send me a message.
Just got mine this week and looking forward to mount it on the roof. what do you use for tie downs? I am looking for something that's low profile and wont stick out as much. Any Idea, recommendation?

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on month 6 waiting for my Gobi rack. Still shows to be on hold. Check back in a few more months. I'll let ya know.
@Tug My card got charged for my Gobi rack this week. it should ship any day now. About 6 months for the Gobi.

Sponsored

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
@Overland_Texas Whew! Congratulations, that's a long wait. Thank you for letting me know.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Ok, after what seems like forever, I finally convinced myself to start drilling into my hardtop.

The install went smoothly. I would have preferred the platform to have already been predrilled. Especially because the measurements were in mm and not inches, but I got it done.

This is the Rhino Rack backbone with the taller quick release feet. I prefer the look of the feet with the lower profile, but it is growing on me.

I do like the internal support around the windows. I have an LED flashlight with a magnet base that attaches great to it.

Removal of the hardtop should be pretty easy. Only 2 additional bolts to remove.

With the stock suspension the Jeep still clears my 7’ garage door. I will have to remove the rack if I get any kind of lift.

Overall I am happy with it so far!

3DDBDB4B-589F-4874-B95E-39B7AED99AF2.jpeg

3EE76C8A-EC95-412E-8330-10178757101E.jpeg

CAB2C84B-CF98-4856-A4AC-61A0B4B8D85A.jpeg

9ED51576-F5BB-4CD1-8329-F0C7105F2BAA.jpeg

33BC80D1-C49A-4546-8AE6-907026AB1DC4.jpeg